What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Current WA Jnrs in NRL/NRLW squads

Royce Hunt - sharks
Kurt De Luis - manly/eels
Jordan Pereira - broncos
Jackson Topine - Bulldogs
Waqa Blake - Eels

NRLW
Kennedy Cherrington - Eels
Reuben Cherrington - Eels
Destiny Brill - broncos
Shanice Parker - Knights
Admit it Red, Kurt De Luis currently plays prop in the Bears NSW Cup team.
Jackson Topine doh, that young Bulldogs player who is on the outer, apparently doesn’t like the hard training.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
That's right. But if they are looking west and the broadcasters are on board, isn't that a good thing? It can only help perths cause.
There's no voting rights for the broadcaster, and the arlc dont care where as long as it becomes viable and the other clubs with the voting rights are not whinging about it... i get you want a perth side, and im all for it, but these clubs want another push over, they prefer the small clubs like manly, cronulla or redcliffe.. another broncos and storm is great for the game, but not for these selfish clubs

shewi6

Juniors
There's no voting rights for the broadcaster, and the arlc dont care where as long as it becomes viable and the other clubs with the voting rights are not whinging about it... i get you want a perth side, and im all for it, but these clubs want another push over, they prefer the small clubs like manly, cronulla or redcliffe.. another broncos and storm is great for the game, but not for these selfish clubs
The broadcasters voting rights come in the form of dollars

Bukowski

Juniors
The broadcasters bankroll the game. They have some sway. Not saying they determine the outcome but they get consideration.

Colk

First Grade
I think the broadcasters have a say and probably a big say.

Who knows what they actually want though. I could guess that they would prefer an Australian side. I could also say that on the face of it that somebody like Nine would want another Brisbane side as they are historically really conservative.

Notwithstanding though this is only one factor, particularly if they go to 20 teams.

In any case, I wouldn’t think there are three areas that an Australian broadcaster would want the ARLC to expand to. Brisbane probably, WA only a maybe. Where else?

Centy Coast

Juniors
The broadcasters, particularly channel 9 would have a big say in any forward development for the game especially with expansion

Colk

First Grade
The broadcasters, particularly channel 9 would have a big say in any forward development for the game especially with expansion

I would disagree with Channel 9. I would say Fox would have a much bigger say particularly as they pay double what Channel 9 do.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems like the ARLC have never had an appetite for the western cities
Rugby league is run by weak and cowardly people with no vision. Has been for most of its life sadly. Hence why it’s confined to just a few spots in the world

Gobsmacked

Bench
Rugby league is run by weak and cowardly people with no vision. Has been for most of its life sadly. Hence why it’s confined to just a few spots in the world
Yeah usually people are only interested in the game where they happen to reside...pure self interest has held the game back
. Hey?

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Moving cities even with family is hardly the end of the world, more players than not will already live away from where they were born and/or raised. Obviously player’s partners & kids will go with them 999 times out of 1000 and plenty of people are fine living in different cities to their parents & siblings.
Also worth keeping in mind that there are still a lot of NRL standard players who've made the move to Super League. In terms of distance from family, if they are prepared to go to UK and France, then Perth would be an easier decision.

Bukowski

Juniors
Also worth keeping in mind that there are still a lot of NRL standard players who've made the move to Super League. In terms of distance from family, if they are prepared to go to UK and France, then Perth would be an easier decision.
The theory I laugh at most is the one where they state Polynesian players are all about family and would never move away from home. How the f**k did they end in western Sydney??
Christ , Luciano Leilua moved from Sydney to Townsville mid season.

Pneuma

First Grade
The theory I laugh at most is the one where they state Polynesian players are all about family and would never move away from home. How the f**k did they end in western Sydney??
Christ , Luciano Leilua moved from Sydney to Townsville mid season.
I remember Folau claiming one of his reasons for joining GWS was to be closer to his family. Where’s he playing now?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Admit it Red, Kurt De Luis currently plays prop in the Bears NSW Cup team.
Jackson Topine doh, that young Bulldogs player who is on the outer, apparently doesn’t like the hard training.
Admit what? All the players I’ve listed are in nrl squads.

Wb1234

Referee
The arlc will discuss with broadcasters but it be between nz png and Perth

broadcasters don’t need a Perth nrl team Fox has the afl rights now

the dolphins help with broadcasters

Perth Red

Post Whore
The arlc will discuss with broadcasters but it be between nz png and Perth

broadcasters don’t need a Perth nrl team Fox has the afl rights now

the dolphins help with broadcasters
Australian Tv pays 90% of the NRL's tv revenue

Nz worth nothing to australian tv