What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

U can see what pvl is doing; like an auction u need multiple interested parties to get good price. Lots of options forming. Beats handing over whatever money NRL gets for extra game to fund new team.
Totally mate.
I'm certainly not a PVL groupie but he has my utmost respect in what he is trying to achieve.
He definitely shytes all over what was before him. Not that that's a hard task.

The Great Dane

First Grade
some valid points.

The presentation of the game and media around it could be so much better. There is so much you could do with the NRL in terms of statistical analysis, player analysis, pre and post game shows. Instead we get these hopeless matt nable promos on fox full of tired cliches and nostalgia pandering. I can't bring myself to watch 9. Matt Thompson is park quality commentator, just atrocious. That Psaltis guy sounds like his twin brother. Freddy and Joey have become stale as month old bread.

I haven't enjoyed the game much the last few seasons, possibly because the Raiders have been in a slow decline and play such an uninspiring style of footy under Sticky. The Panthers aren't much better to watch though, they just strangle teams to death, there isn't a lot of skill in their attacking play imo (sorry Mugab) - Cleary was epic in that grand final though, can't deny that.
The Raiders have been a mediocre/bad team more often than they've been amongst the best, and certainly worse than they have been over the last few years at times, and that never hurt my interest in the sport or opinion of the quality of the broader product before. I wonder what's changed to make things different this time. . .

There's little talent and even fewer students of the game in the NRL any more, just athletic genetic jackpot winners, generally with way too much media training, a severe a lack of personality, and no passion, just bouncing their skulls off one another.

It's a bit of a weird connection to make, but the hubris currently on display at the NRL reminds me a lot of the this-
Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet’s ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that found his dad’s gun.

Uhm, I’ll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you’re using here, it didn’t require any discipline to attain it. You know you read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn’t earn the knowledge for yourselves so you don’t take any responsibility for it.

You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew it you had, you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunch box, and now your selling it! You wanna sell it!

Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should.

mongoose

Coach
Both jaded fans

mongoose literally said it above

everything seems so much better in afl land so they want to make rugby league an afl carbon copy
having teams in the 2nd and 4th largest cities doesn't mean you are just copying AFL lmao
it's just common sense in a country which has very few concentrated population areas.

Wb1234

Immortal
having teams in the 2nd and 4th largest cities doesn't mean you are just copying AFL lmao
it's just common sense in a country which has very few concentrated population areas.
Afl doesn’t have teams in Newcastle Wollongong Canberra north qld nz or png

should they be copying us blindly too

If you really want to copy your beloved afl then your club would be booted for a team in adel or Perth

Latest posts