What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
Housing is cheaper in Perth because it's isolated from the rest of the country. The only people who emigrate to Perth are those who are priced out of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

People who were priced out of Brisbane and Sydney are the nucleus of Perth's RL community. The majority of Western Australians will never support rugby league.

Brisbane has a very large RL fanbase spread across all classes and demographics. The game is a minority sport in Perth and confined to expatriates who were priced out of Brisbane and Sydney. Perth RL's main cheerleader is a soapdodger from England. His puppet is an expatriate from Sydney.

It's fanciful to think Perth will ever have a sizeable RL community that's comparable with Brisbane and Sydney.

Wait so it's full of people from Brisbane and Sydney who can't afford to live in either city, but also those people wouldn't support rugby league despite coming from cities that you describe as being "spread across all classes and demographics"? And you don't see how that is poor logic?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Housing is cheaper in Perth because it's isolated from the rest of the country. The only people who emigrate to Perth are those who are priced out of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

People who were priced out of Brisbane and Sydney are the nucleus of Perth's RL community. The majority of Western Australians will never support rugby league.

Brisbane has a very large RL fanbase spread across all classes and demographics. The game is a minority sport in Perth and confined to expatriates who were priced out of Brisbane and Sydney. Perth RL's main cheerleader is a soapdodger from England. His puppet is an expatriate from Sydney.

It's fanciful to think Perth will ever have a sizeable RL community that's comparable with Brisbane and Sydney.
Yet if Perth had a rugby league team they would easily overtake Melbourne for fans in one season imo.

Wait so it's full of people from Brisbane and Sydney who can't afford to live in either city, but also those people wouldn't support rugby league despite coming from cities that you describe as being "spread across all classes and demographics"? And you don't see how that is poor logic?
I never said Perth is "full" of people from Brisbane and Sydney. Try responding to what's written.

I sure as f**k didn't say rich people from Brisbane and Sydney are migrating to Perth. Just the bogans.

There would be more interstate migrants in Brisbane than Perth.

Yet if Perth had a rugby league team they would easily overtake Melbourne for fans in one season imo.

How many fans did the Reds have?

Storm currently average 16k at MRS. They have one of the largest membership groups in the NRL.

The Reds averaged just 13k in their first season. Then their fanbase halved.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I never said Perth is "full" of people from Brisbane and Sydney. Try responding to what's written.

I sure as f**k didn't say rich people from Brisbane and Sydney are migrating to Perth. Just the bogans.

There would be more interstate migrants in Brisbane than Perth.
Highest avg wage, lowest median house prices = many cashed up bogans lol.
Just the crowd RL wants to attract.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many fans did the Reds have?

Storm currently average 16k at MRS. They have one of the largest membership groups in the NRL.

The Reds averaged just 13k in their first season. Then their fanbase halved.
Back in a city half the current size. Perth will be bigger than Melbourne if run well. Games always been bigger here.

WA and Qlnd the only 2 states last year to have a positive interstate net migration rate. WA had the highest % population growth in the country last year at 2.8%. At current rate WA population will be over 3.7million by 2035.

Given 80% of Australia's population growth last year was from overseas, NRL had better put in some place some strategies to attract overseas migrants to the game I'd suggest!

Last edited:
You do realise that Mongoose doesn't live in Canberra right? I don't think he's even from Canberra.

In fact almost every Raiders fan you throw shade at aren't Canberrans lol.
He lives on the north side of Brisbane, but I think he is originally from Canberra. I recall him saying he moved to Brisbane when he was a kid, about 30 or so years ago.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Sticker market def.
I’d say souths, warriors, Storm, broncos, cowboys, storm probably best supported clubs in perth.
like me, and you, most would jump on a local club whilst holding an affection for their original club.
And even if WA NRL fans stuck solid with the team they currently supported, the WA team would be their very close 2nd team probably even replacing their existing team halfway through their first season.
It’s very interesting listening to a lot of the Dolphins supporters stories, on who they supported before the Dolphins, their reasons for changing etc, etc.

mongoose

Coach
You do realise that Mongoose doesn't live in Canberra right? I don't think he's even from Canberra.

In fact almost every Raiders fan you throw shade at aren't Canberrans lol.
I was born there, lived in Wanniassa and then Pearce. Family moved to Brisbane in my early teens...

Latest posts