What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
No way, i love responding to those who lack chomoshomes, namely yourself..
Its better than shooting down everything anyone else post on every thread, seriously what the last post you replied to or started that wasn't sme negative snarky remark on who shit NRL or their ideas are... or better yet just on this forum on anything... youre a pessimistic know it all, when someone challenges you, you crawl back under your rock, and forget it ever happened, then come ourmt bearing you chest behind other folks post who are as negative as you

This forum is filled with the likes of you, Donkey and wb posting garbage claiming to be better fans than everyone else, which is why the Kiwis had to start their own thread to escape your garbage.

The NRL forum is filled with you and your mates making snarky remarks whenever certain posters post and claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with your viewpoint is an afl/union troll.

Try looking in a mirror.

MugaB

Coach
If you had two sides in Melbourne I don’t believe the pathways pool would grow, both clubs would weaken the other from drawing on the same junior player pool while the top squad would still draw on players from NSW, QLD, NZ and probably the English Super League.
You would be better off going to WA, a new State, a different junior player pathways, while still drawing on the same areas a 2nd Melbourne team would draw upon.
Atleast you are widening the appeal of rugby league Australia wide.
Melbourne have been in the NRL since 1998 and their junior pathways is just kicking off with baby steps, imagine another side from VIC drawing on that, results would be disastrous against NSW and QLD sides.
Correct, but they've never really tried until recently, one thing about storm is they are reliable and they want to excel, they are going to try and be the best at this too, they have a big enough state to do it in, plus all their existing feeder affilations, the game has changed, everyone wants the Penrith production style set up.. and all clubs are able to implement it..
Norths (your team) are ready to become the next team wherever the NRL point their finger towards, it might be Adelaide, might be Perth, PVL really wants Melbourne, its not totally upto him, but he has enough pull to sway the arlc perspective his way, im happy to be wrong and its either of those areas, but its a strong chance

MugaB

Coach
This forum is filled with the likes of you, Donkey and wb posting garbage claiming to be better fans than everyone else, which is why the Kiwis had to start their own thread to escape your garbage.

The NRL forum is filled with you and your mates making snarky remarks whenever certain posters post and claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with your viewpoint is an afl/union troll.

Try looking in a mirror.
Ive never called you an afl troll, or union, ive only called you out as a troll.. and whatever other name, im not friends with those guys, you have the opinion that anyone whos against you is all on this camp plotting to call you out, and yes they make up shit, but i call them out on it, as i do yourself, theres plenty of leo calculas and logan gifs/memes to prove that, but they aren't so negative towards the game or this site as you are, youre not contributing to anything than hate, you can go politely fùck yourself

MugaB

Coach
Otherwise known as the Brisbane Broncos setup.

Gould basically mirrored what Brisbane were doing, he's even said so.
Correct, i remember him talking about it and then him grabbing hook after wayne returned, its a wonder more clubs haven't bothered doing it

I cannot see Melbourne 2 being anything other than a worse version of Melbourne Heart/City. Perth at least brings a new market into the game. My contention with Perth is I think it'll require more resources and time than people realise and generate too few rewards. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. I don't think the heartland can prop up Melbourne Storm and Perth. Something will have to give.

MugaB

Coach
I cannot see Melbourne 2 being anything other than a worse version of Melbourne Heart/City. Perth at least brings a new market into the game. My contention with Perth is I think it'll require more resources and time than people realise and generate too few rewards. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. I don't think the heartland can prop up Melbourne Storm and Perth. Something will have to give.
Yeah they probably cant do both until one is really self sustainable with how they implement their feeder or junior arrangements, but the reds weren't bad with their junior set up, they were just broke at a time where there wasn't a professional set up like the NRL currently have now, where they'd be looked after, or travel costs weren't a factor towards the club owning it...
Melbourne 2 as heart/city is laughable, our product shits all over soccer, and union, bring up them aswell as force or glory in any of your current or past arguments is folly, league is king, its flawed but its still the best sporting product in Australia, it might not be the best run program on gameday compared to AFL, but its certainly a better viewing sport event especially on TV, which is yhe only thing that matters considering its the broadcasters who foot the bill, the rest is menial

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
He's including the Storm's affiliation to Easts. In his eyes Brisbane should be a breeding ground for unwanted clubs in Melbourne and Perth that don't produce players of their own.

Queensland was a feeder competition to the NSWRL for 70 years before the Origin was created. The reason Origin is the pinnacle of the game is because it righted the wrongs of Queenslanders having to see their best players line up for NSW every year in thr interstate series. The games were one sided and hurt the sport in Queensland.

Plenty of Queensland's best players have lined up for Melbourne to play against the Queensland NRL clubs over the last 25 years. Up until last year the Broncos went years without beating the Storm. It leaves a sour taste in fans' mouths and puts them off wanting to watch the game. The last thing the game can afford is to lose marketshare in Queensland.

Stop getting emotional. It’s a fact of life; people move interstate, overseas, from the country to the city etc for career and lifestyle reasons. This is no different.

If a Queenslander doesn’t want to play for a club in NSW or Melbourne and they don’t get a contract for a Queensland team then tough s*** they don’t have a career.

Colk

First Grade
Yeah they probably cant do both until one is really self sustainable with how they implement their feeder or junior arrangements, but the reds weren't bad with their junior set up, they were just broke at a time where there wasn't a professional set up like the NRL currently have now, where they'd be looked after, or travel costs weren't a factor towards the club owning it...
Melbourne 2 as heart/city is laughable, our product shits all over soccer, and union, bring up them aswell as force or glory in any of your current or past arguments is folly, league is king, its flawed but its still the best sporting product in Australia, it might not be the best run program on gameday compared to AFL, but its certainly a better viewing sport event especially on TV, which is yhe only thing that matters considering its the broadcasters who foot the bill, the rest is menial

If you are talking about A-League very much so. EPL not so much.