What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Canard

Immortal
The Dolphins having a feeder club arrangement with the CQ Capras is "investing" in Rugby League.

The Storm having one with the SC Falcons is pillaging Rugby League?

Gordon Ramsay Cooking GIF by Masterchef

Wb1234

Referee
Are you really this dumb or are you just trolling?

Thousands of Queenslanders have played in the NSWRL/NRL since 1908.

How many Victorians have played first grade since 1908?

Five?

10?

The Storm have spent the last 25 years raiding talent from Queensland, NSW and NZ because Victoria doesn't have any quality juniors.

What's the point in putting a team.in Melbourne if it doesn't lead to them producing players in Victoria?

If the point of expansion is to grow the game in new markets then the Storm have failed miserably on the player front.

It's hard to tell if you're trolling or just plain f**ken daft.
I’m going with stupid

Centy Coast

Juniors
Good to see noted Queenslanders as Joseph Tomane, Sione Hopoate and their Captain Deliouse Houter turning out for the Broncos
One of my sons mates Cooper Page-Wilson (Wynnum Manly) Central Coast Ourimbah-Wyoming Magpies junior and Perth North Beach Sea Eagles junior Josh Rogers also played for the Broncos

MugaB

Coach
How many juniors is Singapore going to bring?
Zero. This i can agree with you.. but there is a need for another team in a big city market, either its perth or Melbourne2 and it will need juniors from elsewhere to fill it, its the reason they want png to work so badly

Zero. This i can agree with you.. but there is a need for another team in a big city market, either its perth or Melbourne2 and it will need juniors from elsewhere to fill it, its the reason they want png to work so badly
If it comes down to Perth and Melbourne 2 then I choose the former.

MugaB

Coach
Hobson choice
Not really, yes there is the same type of club set up in sourcing juniors, it might both be the bears and only the location is one of them, but there are differences between Perth and Melbourne2 is NRL
saving travel cost being Melbourne is closer, has more population to offer, and has a steady and famous rival there to boost RL presence in the area, maybe that gets more bums on seats, more kids to play, and more viewership,
Perth has further to travel, no rival/derby, so really no gained interest, and although i reckon the juniors will become steady and strong if we went there it would be the same in Melbourne if we start now, ....there's just more upside in it

Maximus

Coach
I fairly sure he just hates you, as do we all, but I'm not going to speak for him, coz really its not my place hey.hey.hey..... anyways negative nancy gotsta vent his frustrations somewhere

Imagine hating some anonymous person on the internet just because they disagree with all the dumb shit you post. Try growing up maybe?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Not really, yes there is the same type of club set up in sourcing juniors, it might both be the bears and only the location is one of them, but there are differences between Perth and Melbourne2 is NRL
saving travel cost being Melbourne is closer, has more population to offer, and has a steady and famous rival there to boost RL presence in the area, maybe that gets more bums on seats, more kids to play, and more viewership,
Perth has further to travel, no rival/derby, so really no gained interest, and although i reckon the juniors will become steady and strong if we went there it would be the same in Melbourne if we start now, ....there's just more upside in it
If you had two sides in Melbourne I don’t believe the pathways pool would grow, both clubs would weaken the other from drawing on the same junior player pool while the senior squad would still draw on players from NSW, QLD, NZ and probably the English Super League.
You would be better off going to WA, a new State, a different junior player pathways, while still drawing on the same areas a 2nd Melbourne team would draw upon.
Atleast you are widening the appeal of rugby league Australia wide.
Melbourne have been in the NRL since 1998 and their junior pathways is just kicking off with baby steps, imagine another side from VIC drawing on that, results would be disastrous against NSW and QLD sides.

MugaB

Coach
Imagine hating some anonymous person on the internet just because they disagree with all the dumb shit you post. Try growing up maybe?
No way, i love responding to those who lack chomoshomes, namely yourself..
Its better than shooting down everything anyone else post on every thread, seriously what the last post you replied to or started that wasn't sme negative snarky remark on how shit NRL or their ideas are... or better yet just on this forum on anything... youre a pessimistic know it all, when someone challenges you, you crawl back under your rock, and forget it ever happened, then come out beating your chest behind other folks post who are as negative as you

Last edited: