What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Bukowski

Juniors
100%
Every single Bears fan in this forum should be lining up to kiss Perth Red on the dick, just for the chance to see their club in the NRL and over half a dozen 'away' games in Sydney every year.

Instead we're getting demands that Perth home games need to be at a ~10K cricket ground and a Perth club needs to be run by Bears admin....

All they've done is shown any Bears relocation would be an absolute disaster from the beginning.
Blinded by their desperation.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
100%
Every single Bears fan in this forum should be lining up to kiss Perth Red on the dick, just for the chance to see their club in the NRL and over half a dozen 'away' games in Sydney every year.

Instead we're getting demands that Perth home games need to be at a ~10K cricket ground and a Perth club needs to be run by Bears admin....

All they've done is shown any Bears relocation would be an absolute disaster from the beginning.

lol as if “Perth Red” has anything to do with the decision making.

Iamback

Coach
100%

I am not saying I agree that the side should be run by the Bears Admin BUT it isn't as though there are a stack of guys with experience running RL sides just sitting around.

Coaches, players and front Office staff are lacking in the game generally. It isn't as though Perth or anyone for that matter have a proven front office waiting

Wb1234

Referee
100%

Perth should be thanking the bears for being relevant

Best Option for 18th team is a second team in New Zealand. The Rugby Union would absolutely hate it.

Creates a North Vs South Island Derby. More exposure and opportunity for young kids. More Rugby League talk in New Zealand full stop.

Second Option A North Sydney/WA partnership. Another potential time zone for games to be played. Give the junior Rugby League over there a real boost and potentially support from two sources the North Sydney side of things and WA side of things. Logistics of it all is always going to be the biggest hurdle.

3rd Option. I don’t see anything worth the trouble to be honest.

Pippen94

First Grade
Best Option for 18th team is a second team in New Zealand. The Rugby Union would absolutely hate it.

Creates a North Vs South Island Derby. More exposure and opportunity for young kids. More Rugby League talk in New Zealand full stop.

Second Option A North Sydney/WA partnership. Another potential time zone for games to be played. Give the junior Rugby League over there a real boost and potentially support from two sources the North Sydney side of things and WA side of things. Logistics of it all is always going to be the biggest hurdle.

Have you looked at the bids?!

Pippen94

First Grade
100%

Perth bears are a negotiating tactic. Vlandys hasn't even spoken to Perth.

Bukowski

Juniors
I am not saying I agree that the side should be run by the Bears Admin BUT it isn't as though there are a stack of guys with experience running RL sides just sitting around.

Coaches, players and front Office staff are lacking in the game generally. It isn't as though Perth or anyone for that matter have a proven front office waiting
Coaches and senior management will be head hunted from the east coast no doubt. I'd be looking higher than reserve grade outfits.

Have you looked at the bids?!
No.

Just looking at the best strategy for the NRL.

Hurting a competitor , stealing junior players and creating more Rugby league talk in the Country and creating another derby game sounds like good strategy to me.

As for bids.

Apparently the Gold Coast bid was great.

Look how that turned out.

What a shyte franchise.

Blinded by their desperation.
From what I see there are few in here who seem to understand how a business is set up, what is required for it to operate to achieve maximum but steady continuous increasing profit return and growth from its output, how to be financially secure and grounded both short and long term - what resources are required during its early days and what resources will be required for longevity in 5, 10, 30 years time. How to sustain its growth from both a player pathway and a business road map.

Then there’s you - a turnip. No valuable input, no attempt to try understand any of the realistic commercial challenges that will be faced, no attempt to rationalise the reality how grand of an exercise it is. Just a turnip.

But hey it’s just desperation isn’t it. There is only a club with an overarching business that runs it and 10 other successful businesses as backing it. I’m sure the bloke who is running the stand alone bid - whose empire is going the way of physical media and video rental stores due to the increase of second hand online trades is the answer - which by the way his empire is decreasing at 6.7% per annum over the last decade and overall earnings are decreasing at 8.2% per year during the last 5 years. What does that all mean? It means his overall value from a business perspective is decreasing - regardless of his own personal wealth.

You and Redtube want to find a chink in an attempt to derail every single detail that makes the Bears going to Perth as the superior choice - trying to find some quote or line or number to use against it yet don’t do your own research into your messiah and what’s going on there.

The desperation is squarely upon the ones with no entity, no physical presence and no clue at what they are even championing for. At the very least Bears have a physical presence and entity to back with real people, real rugby league resources and real businesses behind it.

Iamback

Coach
Coaches and senior management will be head hunted from the east coast no doubt. I'd be looking higher than reserve grade outfits.

Again who is just sitting there?

Souths had to go back to a 73 year old.

Parra will punt their coach and there are no huge line up waiting to come in.

So again, You are talking building a club up from scratch not sure you can rule out people because they are 'only an Reserve grade outfit'

QCup particularly the regional clubs might have stuff to offer.

If it was possible to poach the elite staff, The NRL clubs who are struggling now would do it

reanimate

Bench

Is the Bears’ experience the type of experience you want though? A sustained inability to deliver success since the 1920s? They have only had NSW Cup to concentrate on since being left out of the NRL and they haven’t delivered a premiership at that level either.
Perth bears are a negotiating tactic. Vlandys hasn't even spoken to Perth.
"I'm taking an AVO out on (Western Australia Premier Roger Cook). He rings me every day asking to put a Perth team in. Their bid is looking very, very good and maybe PNG isn't the bid that is first," V'landys said.

Bukowski

Juniors

So again, You are talking building a club up from scratch not sure you can rule out people because they are 'only an Reserve grade outfit'

If it was possible to poach the elite staff, The NRL clubs who are struggling now would do it
I reckon no one is on contract for 2030 yet , so everyone's available.

Iamback

Coach
From what I see there are few in here who seem to understand how a business is set up, what is required for it to operate to achieve maximum but steady continuous increasing profit return and growth from its output, how to be financially secure and grounded both short and long term - what resources are required during its early days and what resources will be required for longevity in 5, 10, 30 years time. How to sustain its growth from both a player pathway and a business road map.

Then there’s you - a turnip. No valuable input, no attempt to try understand any of the realistic commercial challenges that will be faced, no attempt to rationalise the reality how grand of an exercise it is. Just a turnip.

But hey it’s just desperation isn’t it. There is only a club with an overarching business that runs it and 10 other successful businesses as backing it. I’m sure the bloke who is running the stand alone bid - whose empire is going the way of physical media and video rental stores due to the increase of second hand online trades is the answer - which by the way his empire is decreasing at 6.7% per annum over the last decade and overall earnings are decreasing at 8.2% per year during the last 5 years. What does that all mean? It means his overall value from a business perspective is decreasing - regardless of his own personal wealth.

You and Redtube want to find a chink in every single detail that makes the Bears going to Perth as the superior choice - trying to find some quote or line or number to use against it yet don’t do your own research into your messiah and what’s going on there.

The desperation is squarely upon the ones with no entity, no physical presence and no clue at what they are even championing for. At the very least Bears have a physical presence and entity to back with real people, real rugby league resources and real businesses behind it.

So many on here, think you can just click your fingers and you have a club set up.

PNG are further advanced but still are a good 2-3 years away.

Dolphins had 80% of what was needed already in place. They are an exception to the rule

Iamback

Coach
Is it the type of experience you want though? A sustained inability to deliver success since the 1920s? They have only had NSW Cup to concentrate on since being left out of the NRL and they haven’t delivered a premiership at that level either.

They have managed to keep a junior development program running despite not being an NRL Club.

So far starters they know what is needed to do that, They have a decent bank balance so can manage finances.

So yes any New Club should be looking to Bears, Newtown the QCup teams to fill out the admin side of things.

Assuming that no current NRL front office staff wants to move that is

Compare Perth to PNG on that side of things.
Hunters know what sort of timeline is needed for travel to games.
They also have a former Dogs boss as their CEO.

Perth so far has none of that in place hell even the NZ 2 bid has plenty of RL experience on the board

mongoose

Coach

Please... head office staff and coach won't be difficult, it will be players that are hard to find and convince to move to Perth.

mongoose

Coach
So many on here, think you can just click your fingers and you have a club set up.

PNG are further advanced but still are a good 2-3 years away.

Dolphins had 80% of what was needed already in place. They are an exception to the rule
I think the people who are part of the Perth consortium know whats required more than anyone on this forum...

flippikat

Bench

I've long believed that 18 & 19 should be Perth & NZ 2 - the order & even whether they debut at the same time doesn't matter IMO so long as those are the next two.

For the 20th team, the NRL could well throw it open to where-ever. Invite all bids, and stack up the business cases.

Latest posts