What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Bears & PNG are framing for next two. Tigers, south island & Fiji to follow.
I’d myself would have the Brisbane Tigers before any overseas teams, the Auckland/NZ Warriors were/are enough for me.
There are only two things standing in the Brisbane Tigers way
1).The Dolphins recent entry into the NRL.
2).The Tigers brand is already taken.
Unfortunately these are the very reasons that could see the Tigers lose out to either NZ2 or PNG.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You only have to read the last two comments from Bears and Jets to see which way its likely to go. If Jets can put some big $'s on the table with a new jnr pathway system and little by way of demand then why wouldnt Perth choose them over Bears who seem to be far more demanding in their expectations and control of the perth club?

recent reports have both the perth bid and WA govt keen to go it alone so it may well be no partnerships. If the perth bid and wa govt can put forward a strong bid stand alone then presumably the NRL isnt going to walk away from Perth.

End of day a Perth club is about growing RL in WA, not resurrecting some long lost dead sydney brand.

Be interesting to hear how this weeks meetings have gone between the parties

BuffaloRules

Coach
You only have to read the last two comments from Bears and Jets to see which way its likely to go. If Jets can put some big $'s on the table with a new jnr pathway system and little by way of demand then why wouldnt Perth choose them over Bears who seem to be far more demanding in their expectations and control of the perth club?

recent reports have both the perth bid and WA govt keen to go it alone so it may well be no-one. If the perth bid and wa govt can put forward a strong bid stand alone then presumably the NRL isnt going to walk away from Perth.

End of day a Perth club is about growing RL in WA, not resurrecting some long lost dead sydney brand.

Be interesting to hear how this weeks meetings have gone between the parties

Billy Moore has changed his tune …that’s for sure ..I think he might have overplayed his hand with some of the comments he made throughout this process ..and he can now see the opportunity receding and he will miss the boat…

Im kinda hoping that Perth goes it alone now ..it’s obviously their preferred option… so the people actually prepared to put their dollars in should get what they want at the end of the day

Wb1234

Referee
Billy Moore has changed his tune …that’s for sure ..I think he might have overplayed his hand with some of the comments he made throughout this process ..and he can now see the opportunity receding and he will miss the boat…

Im kinda hoping that Perth goes it alone now ..it’s obviously their preferred option… so the people actually prepared to put their dollars in should get what they want at the end of the day
Tbh Billy more kinda creeps me out

wish he wasn’t involved

BuffaloRules

Coach
Whatever branding the Perth team ends up, I hope the major sponsor is not cash converters.

That would be just as embarrassing as the time Souths were sponsored by TV Week.

It will be Cash Converters and one of the betting apps as major sponsors… they can offer a joint promotion when you take your watch down to get some betting money for the weekend races ..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone able to cut and paste?

WA premier Roger Cook is hopeful WA succeeds in its NRL expansion push. Western Australia's bid for a seat at the National Rugby League table appears to be gaining momentum, following Wednesday's Australian Rugby League Commission meeting

Centy Coast

Juniors
Anyone able to cut and paste?

WA premier Roger Cook is hopeful WA succeeds in its NRL expansion push. Western Australia's bid for a seat at the National Rugby League table appears to be gaining momentum, following Wednesday's Australian Rugby League Commission meeting

Everything that came from yesterdays meeting we knew weeks ago, the only difference is that it has just been officially confirmed.

Wb1234

Referee

think the storm can make a real push from here to really get a much bigger chunk of the vic sporting market

the fact 60k victorians showed up is very positive the storm can get some of them coming to games more regularly

origin in Perth will do the same for Perth nrl team

and why eden park should get a. Origin even though the negotiations for 2027 have hit a snag

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That sums up every expansion article about the Bears over the last 20 years. At least one or two a year are published by the Sydney papers. All of them have turned out to be bullshit and were aimed at gullible sad f**ks like you.

You're on here responding to every post that is critical of the Bears. It's obvious you cannot stand anyone who does not share your biased opinion about the Bears.
Imagine when the bears get back in, the annual article will become... bring the bears back to Sydney 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts