What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Central Coast, Newcastle and Wollongong should have teams of their own.

St George should play mine games at Wollongong Showgrounds. Any game they hold in Sydney should be at the SFS against a traditional rival, like the Roosters, Sharks and Rabbitohs.

I'd like to see the Bears come back as the "Central Coast Bears" and for a small club with no future, like the Tigers, to relocate permanently to Perth so they can have a chance to be somewhat relevant. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. We're stuck with small clubs that have no future.

The Tigers are the definition of insanity.
Should’ve been dragons and Steelers as standalone teams and sharks booted

what happened was just a stupid result for the game

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Central Coast, Newcastle and Wollongong should have teams of their own.

St George should play mine games at Wollongong Showgrounds. Any game they hold in Sydney should be at the SFS against a traditional rival, like the Roosters, Sharks and Rabbitohs.

I'd like to see the Bears come back as the "Central Coast Bears" and for a small club with no future, like the Tigers, to relocate permanently to Perth so they can have a chance to be somewhat relevant. Unfortunately that's not going to happen. We're stuck with small clubs that have no future.

The Tigers are the definition of insanity.
Completely agree on the Dragons, WIN and SFS are their future.

Disagree on the Tigers, they have a massive fanbase similar to the Doggies. Both clubs just need to get themselves off the bottom

Wb1234

Referee
Looks like all 3 teams will be included in the next tv deal

networks are going to go nuts with all that extra content

The nrl will end up down the track with a tv deal that’s a billion dollars pa

On club 18 admission, why the rush for 2027? With decision not due till presumably after the GF it doesnt leave a lot of start up time.

Id have thought giving a new club, and presuming it isnt East it will be a new club, a 2 year lead in would be much better than rushing them in in with just 12 months lead time? New tv deal doesn't start till 2028 as well.
V'landys is butchering the expansion process. He's setting team 18 and 19 up to fail by not giving them enough time to establish an NRL standard roster while they're trying to create a fanbase from scratch in vulnerable markets. Both clubs will weaken existing clubs. The quality of the competition will decline. It'll be a repeat of Suns and Giants but much worse, due to the lack of a draft and variable funding scheme.

Wb1234

Referee
He who hesitates loses
Waiting means nz or png takes it

who knows pvl could have a heart attack and we got another gallop, smith or Beattie running the game

Wb1234

Referee
V'landys is butchering the expansion process. He's setting team 18 and 19 up to fail by not giving them enough time to establish an NRL standard roster while they're trying to create a fanbase from scratch in vulnerable markets. Both clubs will weaken existing clubs. The quality of the competition will decline. It'll be a repeat of Suns and Giants but much worse, due to the lack of a draft and variable funding scheme.
How long did the dolphins have ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if Puddy will launch a Western Reds bid? He has in the past seemingly not wanted to partner with Cumins and has stated numerous times he has backers willing to support a return of the Reds. I wonder if he'll put in a rival bid to whatever comes out from the Perth consortium? As far as I know he hasnt been involved witht he WA govt work to date.

Bukowski

Juniors
I wonder if Puddy will launch a Western Reds bid? He has in the past seemingly not wanted to partner with Cumins and has stated numerous times he has backers willing to support a return of the Reds. I wonder if he'll put in a rival bid to whatever comes out from the Perth consortium? As far as I know he hasnt been involved witht he WA govt work to date.

Norths may put in a stand alone bid aswell.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

If anyone is ever wondering what my opinion on something is. Just read this guys opinion and go as far opposite as you can.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Suggesting there are more options and opportunities outside of the Cumins bid now are you?

Where have I heard that before? lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Norths may put in a stand alone bid aswell.
I doubt it, they wouldnt have a chance, the WA govt has already said it prefers not to see them in Perth.
NRL isnt going to go against the State govt and risk losing the funding for pathways, not to mention could you imagine the fan and media response here if a Sydney team got in over a local Perth bid?

I reckon if its a no to the Perth Bears they might resurrect the Pacifika idea as last gasp hope to give the NRL an alternative to PNG, maybe even linking with the Fiji bid.

BuffaloRules

Coach
On club 18 admission, why the rush for 2027? With decision not due till presumably after the GF it doesnt leave a lot of start up time.

Id have thought giving a new club, and presuming it isnt East it will be a new club, a 2 year lead in would be much better than rushing them in in with just 12 months lead time? New tv deal doesn't start till 2028 as well.

If it’s announced in say October … it’s like two and a half years until they play their first game in 2027… why isn’t that enough time ?

The 2028 TV deal will be negotiated next year … they can kick in some more money for the extra game in 2027…

Perth Red

Post Whore
You’ve been shitting on anyone suggesting Cumins group being left out.
In fact you’re having a losing argument now over how much you believe every word that comes from that pawn shop dude.
haha, sure thing.
At the moment there is only one perth bid (we are aware of)
your stating to sound like pippen now cuckoo cuckoo

Latest posts