What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Dec 6-10 2018 - INDIA WIN BY 31 RUNS

jargan83

Coach
He desperately wants Stoinis in the team for some reason and it looks like he thinks Handscomb is the one way in the way. Same shit as last year when he wanted Maxi in and started singling Khawaja out every time he did something slightly wrong. God help us if Stoins gets it, he is just another Mitch Marsh.

No he’s not.

He’s worse :neutral_face:

Neither of them shoukd even be in the conversation.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We do, unfortunately he's restricted to club cricket for taking the fall for a pompous little midget.

He hit a purple patch, no doubt - but will he ever regain that form?

And he's not as aggressive as Kohli.

I seriously love Kohli as a player.

Sphagnum

Coach
Not sure I get the Starc hate.
When we had India on the rack in the first innings starc bowled absolute shit with the 2nd new ball. Not sure whether it's an attitude thing, a fitness thing or what but he didn't even seen to care.

Meth

Staff member
When we had India on the rack in the first innings starc bowled absolute shit with the 2nd new ball. Not sure whether it's an attitude thing, a fitness thing or what but he didn't even seen to care.

yeah, ok, he had a bad spell at an important time. But your bowlers are basically carrying this side with ball and bat at the moment! Bowling at better batsmen than their own and then having to come out and do the work with the bat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Starc looks like he needs bowling, something which the people in charge are terrified of our quicks doing.

Meth

Staff member
Not hate, just disappointment that a bloke of his experience and skill can lose his radar and effort so regularly.

Yeah, I get that. I just feel like the disproportionate weight the bowlers are carrying at the moment needs to factor in analysis.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure I get the Starc hate.
yeah, it's funny

He wasn't great, but as Harsh Bogle said, being the third best quick in this team means a lot more than being the third best bat (in fact, Starc could possibly be both)

Meth

Staff member
yeah, it's funny

He wasn't great, but as Harsh Bogle said, being the third best quick in this team means a lot more than being the third best bat (in fact, Starc could possibly be both)

Out of interest, who are the quicks on the horizon? Like, if Starc, Cummins or Hazelwood went down?

How is big bad Jackson bird going? Pattinson?

I was quite excited by Richardson. Is he still in the picture?

Bazal

Post Whore
Out of interest, who are the quicks on the horizon? Like, if Starc, Cummins or Hazelwood went down?

Richardson just took 8/47 and 3/58 against NSW in an outright loss, which is pretty impressive. Also broke Nic Maddinsons arm in the latest Shield match against Victoria, but only 3 wickets for the match. He'd be close to next cab off the rank in my eyes, but the selectors have picked Siddle in the squad lol.

Pattinson is done as a genuine Aussie option IMO. He may play a handful of tests here and there, but at almost 29 and not bowling properly yet this season he's cooked as a long term pick.

Chris Tremain is the incumbent leading wicket taker in the Shield, but he is 27 and so probably not going to have a hugely long career either given the age and quality of those in front of him.

Michael Neser gets mentioned, very good Shield record, but again is 29 I think.

Bazal

Post Whore

(Part Two-Server Error is getting annoying)

The problem is that we've got a host of quality guys who are in their late 20s and so the really young players don't get a look in. Ironically, I suppose, our bowling depth is bloody good, at least in terms of genuine Shield quality bowlers. Probably helped by reasonably weak batting, I guess.

Brendon Doggett, who we took to the UAE, is quick and had 35 Shield wickets last season. ACT lads Tom Rogers (Tasmania) and Nick Winter (SA) are both having good starts to their careers, but being from the ACT they are only really just breaking in now at 25 years old. Still, Rogers has 42 wickets in 13 FC matches, and Winter has 45 in 10. They just seem to be in and out of their sides despite that, which is odd.

Mark Steketee is having a good season but I don't really see him as a genuine option. David Moody gets wraps, but has honestly coasted by on his surname so far. Mickey Edwards shows promise, but he's gotta force his way into the NSW side first. 19yo Cameron Green from WA is travelling ok, but looks to lack the pace.

jargan83

Coach
I’d look at Jason Behrendorff who has 126 wickets at 23ish. Unfortunately he has suffered from stress fracture in his back the last two seasons I think and instead of him being on the comeback trail through Sheild Cricket the selectors picked him for a nothing T20 series that no one will remember in a fortnight.