What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test - Australia v India at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2011

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Learn a little about the hierarchy in International Cricket.

India is the big fish. We are not. Poverty and all, there is more money for Cricket in India than Australia and England combined.

Throw in Pakistan and Sri Lanka as well and you understand why the centre of the cricket universe (and as a result, the power behin the ICC) is on the subcontinent.

Yeah but without countries like England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka who are India going to play against? Themselves? This is what the ICC and especially the BCCI have to understand, if these other nations refuse to play against India until they approve and endorse DRS, then India doesn't have shit. I'd be happy to see Australia play against every nation bar India for the next decade if that's what it takes.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What would happen is a player refuses to walk? I mean if Hussey said nope I didn't knick that I choose to use a DRS, stuff what the Indian's say. If it's out i'm out but until there's evidence showing I knicked it, I'm staying put. Would he get sanctioned by the ICC? Would C.A. stand up for him? Would the rest of the series be in upheaval? Because there has to be a certain point where a player says enough is enough.

Ridiculous. Bad decisions have been happening in cricket since WG Grace was a beardless teenager. You accept the decision good or bad and walk off.

The DRS is the right way to go but it is not flawless nor is the technology.

As for cricinfo - the site makes it's biggest money out of India.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Anyway moving on from the howlers...It's time for Haddin to step up and put a price on his wicket. Time to show some responsibility at the crease and pick the right balls to hit. 300+ is definitely still on as Siddle and Pattinson in particular have shown they are more than capable of hanging around.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah but without countries like England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka who are India going to play against? Themselves? This is what the ICC and especially the BCCI have to understand, if these other nations refuse to play against India until they approve and endorse DRS, then India doesn't have shit. I'd be happy to see Australia play against every nation bar India for the next decade if that's what it takes.
Look at how much T20 is being pushed down everyones throat. It is crystal clear the almighty dollar is the number 1 priority for the ICC and for cricket administrators around the world.

While that is the case, NOONE is going on "strike" against India.

derp

Juniors
Dhoni is the biggest piece of scum in any sport

Last edited by a moderator:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not going to happen :lol: We play India more frequently these days for one simple reason: $$$$$$
The likes of Sri Lanka and South Africa are even more dependent on them.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Ridiculous. Bad decisions have been happening in cricket since WG Grace was a beardless teenager. You accept the decision good or bad and walk off.

The DRS is the right way to go but it is not flawless nor is the technology.

As for cricinfo - the site makes it's biggest money out of India.

Doesn't matter if bad decisions have happened since WG played. It's 2011/12 not 1880's, we have technology so let's use it for the greater good of the game not the greater good of one team. It's like if the Broncos refused to use video ref in their games, so every game vs. the Broncos has no video ref. It's ridiculous. In life, we improve our judgement with improvements in technology and basic fundamental skills and training. Cricket is no different, if we have the technology to make the contest more even then for pete's sake let's get on with it and use it.

If it takes a big name cricketer to decide not to walk during a series vs. India to stir the pot then that's what it'll take. Call it the reverse of what Gilly did all those years ago.

Not going to happen :lol: We play India more frequently these days for one simple reason: $$$$$$
The likes of Sri Lanka and South Africa are even more dependent on them.

So you lose some money over a space of a few years for the greater good of the game in the following decades. I'm ok with that. Sport maybe a commercial and corporate money making machine but to forget where it came from and how it used to be played and why, is to kill it slowly like a cancer anyways.

Last edited:
What would happen is a player refuses to walk? I mean if Hussey said nope I didn't knick that I choose to use a DRS, stuff what the Indian's say. If it's out i'm out but until there's evidence showing I knicked it, I'm staying put. Would he get sanctioned by the ICC? Would C.A. stand up for him? Would the rest of the series be in upheaval? Because there has to be a certain point where a player says enough is enough.

If Hussey did that he'd look like a dickhead, probably be fined and dropped.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Doesn't matter if bad decisions have happened since WG played. It's 2011/12 not 1880's, we have technology so let's use it for the greater good of the game not the greater good of one team.
It's not in use for both teams so a bad decision against India is just as likely as one against Australia. The technology is not available for every test series, which is one of the reasons why it hasn't been universally implemented. The cost of hotspot for one is astronomical.

If it takes a big name cricketer to decide not to walk during a series vs. India to stir the pot then that's what it'll take. Call it the reverse of what Gilly did all those years ago.
Gilchrist was not the first person to walk just as he was not the first person to stay at the crease when he was out and not given. The best way to make a stand is to adhere to the principles of sportsmanship and accept the umpires decision based on the rules available. The replays showing the errors will keep the discussion going.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
short memories

if India get bad decisions, they have the umpire sacked and they want to go home

imagine what they would do if they got the decisions that we got today

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
What? That wasn't given out.. i'm surprised. Sure Haddin missed it but you only have to miss the ball by 4 inches to be given out vs. India...

Latest posts