What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test - Australia v India at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2011

skeepe

Immortal
I can't understand how the rule for DRS is that both countries have to agree to use it when every single country bar one supports it. Surely the majority opinion should prevail and the one dissenting nation should be told that they have been outvoted?

Instead we have this ridiculous situation where a rule is in place only to suit India, and we're seeing the results of that farcical situation today.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This is getting ridiculous. Can the ICC tell the BCCI to go and get f**ked please?

This is beyond ridiculous.

The last two wickets were NOT OUT!

Australians should just shout at everything when India comes into bat.

BAN INDIA FROM PLAYING IN AUSTRALIA EVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY ENDORSE THE USE OF DRS!
Learn a little about the hierarchy in International Cricket.

India is the big fish. We are not. Poverty and all, there is more money for Cricket in India than Australia and England combined.

Throw in Pakistan and Sri Lanka as well and you understand why the centre of the cricket universe (and as a result, the power behin the ICC) is on the subcontinent.

Timbo

Staff member
I can't understand how the rule for DRS is that both countries have to agree to use it when every single country bar one supports it. Surely the majority opinion should prevail and the one dissenting nation should be told that they have been outvoted?

Instead we have this ridiculous situation where a rule is in place only to suit India, and we're seeing the results of that farcical situation today.

The best part, of course, is when the ICC said lock stock and barrell that ALL test and ODI series had to use the DRS.

The BCCI said 'nup' to which the ICC responded with a hearty 'okie dokie'.

Spineless pricks.

India appealed and the umpire made the mistake? I don't know how that means they cheated. Australia have appealed for things not out in the past, Haddin being a classic example. He appeals for almost anything!

My thoughts exactly. Shane Warne was another that would appeal at almost anything.

Timbo

Staff member
Learn a little about the hierarchy in International Cricket.

India is the big fish. We are not. Poverty and all, there is more money for Cricket in India than Australia and England combined.

Throw in Pakistan and Sri Lanka as well and you understand why the centre of the cricket universe (and as a result, the power behin the ICC) is on the subcontinent.

Oh, OK well lets definitely not stand up to them.

How about we fix all the matches so they win all the time to keep them happy?

Wanker.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The ICC is like the UN. In the UN if every single country but 1 superpower is for something, it gets vetoed.

India is the superpower of Cricket.

People need to understand that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
India appealed and the umpire made the mistake? I don't know how that means they cheated. Australia have appealed for things not out in the past, Haddin being a classic example. He appeals for almost anything!

I'm with you, the actual apealling isn't cheating but the refusal to use the DRS is ridiculous.
FTR my first reaction to the Hussey dismissal was not out, Cowan's was out.

What would happen is a player refuses to walk? I mean if Hussey said nope I didn't knick that I choose to use a DRS, stuff what the Indian's say. If it's out i'm out but until there's evidence showing I knicked it, I'm staying put. Would he get sanctioned by the ICC? Would C.A. stand up for him? Would the rest of the series be in upheaval? Because there has to be a certain point where a player says enough is enough.

skeepe

Immortal
The pelicans at Cricinfo are trying to make the case for why Cowan was out and failing miserably.

Mayor West

Juniors
Check out cricinfos latest gem:
"Right, so Hussey's was an umpiring error. Cowan's was marginal, but not the sort of howler the DRS is designed to eradicate. Still awaiting replays"

If Husseys wasn't a howler, i don't know what is. The bias Indian commentary on there is a joke.

Bazal

Post Whore
how can you ever have fair umpiring when the BCCI pays umpires to work in the IPL?

Despite the OTT stuff being bandied around, this is a fair point. How much of a conflict of interest would this sort of thing be considered in any other facet of life? It seems a fairly big one to me...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez, these commentators are pissing me off raving on how well India are bowling and using reverse swing, wank wank wank

2 of the 3 were not out and Clarkey hit the ball onto his stumps yet now all of a sudden Khan is superman

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The ICC is like the UN. In the UN if every single country but 1 superpower is for something, it gets vetoed.

India is the superpower of Cricket.
People need to understand that.

No it's not like the UN dumbo. The UN's role is diplomacy between nations whilst the ICC's role is to set the rules. The ICC has about as much balls and common sense as you.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh, OK well lets definitely not stand up to them.

How about we fix all the matches so they win all the time to keep them happy?

Wanker.
With Indias economic growth, more and more of the financial power in Cricket is concentrated there.

It's a simple equation. When you need someone more than they need you, you can't stick up to them. And the imbalance will only get worse.

Everyone is now kissing Chinas arse in the real world. And we have no choice but to kiss Indias arse in the cricketing world.

I agree with the points made here in terms of the referral system. But being realistic about who runs things is not being a "wanker".