What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test - Australia v India at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2011

Hutty1986

Immortal
I know he's obviously played a lot of opener, but I reckon Warner could be a very destructive number 7. Watson 6, Warner 7 could be a devastating combination against a tiring attack. Though teh way our top order's going, they'd probably be facing a new rock half the time

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Warner
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Harris
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon

Yeah I am and you're the muppet saying move an opener that carried his bat and scored over half our runs down to 7, real f**king good idea.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah I am and you're the muppet saying move an opener that carried his bat and scored over half our runs down to 7, real f**king good idea.

No shortage of openers atm, could easily happen at some point down the track.
Your call meanwhile about a couple of short balls costing us the test match..wow :roll: I'm by no meansa big Siddle fan but that's just ridiculous

You have plenty of chances to make up for things when batting, when fielding you don't get many chances. Chris Martin comes in so lets bowl short and let's bowl short at Bracewell who smashes him for runs but then again I don't expect you understand shit.

Move Warner down ffs, idiot.

typicalfan

Coach
Watson
Warner
Marsh
Hussey
Clarke (c)
Khawaja
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Lyon
Bollinger or Harris if fit Harris would be 8.

I would have kept Ponting until the end of the season but his dismissals were just shocking, he is so late on the ball I think he really is past it. You become a winning test team by making the tough decisions and I feel as tough as it is, it is the right one.

Khawaja lucky to retain but feel he isn't far away, just needs to be more pro active.

If neither Harris or Bolllinger is fit I am not sure where to go next.

typicalfan

Coach
You have plenty of chances to make up for things when batting, when fielding you don't get many chances. Chris Martin comes in so lets bowl short and let's bowl short at Bracewell who smashes him for runs but then again I don't expect you understand shit.

Move Warner down ffs, idiot.
Siddle was our player of the match, including Warner. He created more wickets than he took and was our top scorer in our first innings. Siddle is blameless imo. And I am not even a fan, I will say he has been quite a lot better this season so far. Early going though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was good but his bowling to the tail was deplorable, bowl 6 yorkers at Martin, he can't hit the ball FFS!

typicalfan

Coach
He was good but his bowling to the tail was deplorable, bowl 6 yorkers at Martin, he can't hit the ball FFS!
I would be quicker to blame Ponting, Clarke, Hussey and Haddin for their second dig. 241 was not an impossible total and we were going fine.

Besides without Siddle it would have been closer to 275 or more if you include his bowling.

Siddle was our player of the match, including Warner. He created more wickets than he took and was our top scorer in our first innings. Siddle is blameless imo. And I am not even a fan, I will say he has been quite a lot better this season so far. Early going though.

No he wasn't.

His utter dross at Martin undid everything else he did. Chris Martin batting so he doesn't bowl anything at the stumps ffs

Quite a few people on here said it would cost us and it did.

typicalfan

Coach
No he wasn't.

His utter dross at Martin undid everything else he did. Chris Martin batting so he doesn't bowl anything at the stumps ffs

Quite a few people on here said it would cost us and it did.
Blame the second innings batsmen, don't blame the guy that scored our second highest score of the match and 5 wickets which probably should have been 8-9.

Phil Hughes cost us more than Siddle did. As did Ponting, as did Starc, as did Haddin. I could go on.

This match give me Warner, Pattinson and Siddle...maybe Lyon the rest were dross.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I think McDermott has made a bowler out of Siddle, as much as that hurts to say.

Image what Billy could do with a real bowler.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Harris wont be available so I reckon we'll go with Cutting in for Starc.

I guess alot will depend on the two chairman's matches

typicalfan

Coach
I think McDermott has made a bowler out of Siddle, as much as that hurts to say.

Image what Billy could do with a real bowler.
He is bowling within himself while shouldering the responsibility of being the leading quick. He isn't rushing in like a mad man dropping it too short like before. Again it is only early and he could be in for a long summer.

Fairly impressed so far, as much as it kills me to say.

JJ

Immortal
I'm confused... you all talk of Sean marsh like he's a lock, and some sort of saviour... this is the same Sean Marsh who's 28, played 65 first class matches with 7 centuries and an average of 39??? You're serious???

On the basis of 2 tests in Sri Lanka, he's the mainstay of your test team?? Things must be dire!!