What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$2,000,000 For A 70 Year Old Ground And Just 5648 Fans?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I agree with the money and crowd situation but the Tigers do always seem to play well at Leichardt, well especially against the Storm.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Crowd was poor.No doubt about it.But to be honest i didnt expect anything else.4 losses including last week against last place is hardly appealling when its freezing cold and and raining.Melbourne had about 20 fans there.We have one game left there against Souths and i guarentee there will be min 15 000 there.

Its funny how peoploe start to personally attack me when I bring this issue up.

$2,000,000. You want $2,000,000 of tax payer money.

WHY?

So that 5,648 people and sit in the worst stadium in professional sport in Australia and remember the good old days. :roll:

tigergal

Juniors
LF, if it is the worst stadium in australian sport then why do people like peter sterling for example say that is their second favourite stadium except for their own teams home ground. You obviously have never been to a game there, i was there last night and I think the crowd at times was as loud as many other team's crowds over 15 000 odd. I was dissapointed in the crowd but poor form and weather have to come into the equation even if you say its just an excuse. Leichhardt Oval should get the money and the upgrade.

Why should it get the money for an upgrade?

If it can only get just over 5,000 people to a game against a top 4 side......should we spend $2,000,000 so that a few people can re-live some old memories?

The Tigers would be better off getting $2,000,000 put into Campbeltown Stadium and upgrading that. Campbeltown is where the Tigers future lies...

Red Bear

Referee
2 000 000 eh. There'd be roughly that many housholds in NSW wouldnt there? maybe less but it would be about 1-5 dollars per taxpayer? Hell I sont pay tax and i would be happy to put a few bucks in. I dont think its tht bigger ask.

tigergal

Juniors
The crowds at Leichhardt except last night which has already been explained why the crowd was small have been up to the same standard as Cambeltown. Cambo is where the Tigers future lies but so is Leichhardt. Both ovals will be used for a long time to come. The upgrade is better off at Leichhardt because then it will make it possible for us to continue playing there for a long time. But as a supporter of a different team i can imagine you would want it gone since the tigers play like a completely different- way more skilled- team at Leichhardt and it must intimidate other teams supporters. All of your posts are saying the same crap and ur not backing up your idea well... You really shouldnt make ignorant posts like that without knowing all the facts.

GoTheBears said:
2 000 000 eh. There'd be roughly that many housholds in NSW wouldnt there? maybe less but it would be about 1-5 dollars per taxpayer? Hell I sont pay tax and i would be happy to put a few bucks in. I dont think its tht bigger ask.

Leichhardt Oval....or Hospital Equipment that may save the life of someones Son or Daughter?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
nospam49 said:
So that 5,648 people and sit in the worst stadium in professional sport in Australia and remember the good old days.

nospam49 said:
If it can only get just over 5,000 people to a game against a top 4 side......should we spend $2,000,000 so that a few people can re-live some old memories?

Just keep avoiding the huge crowds we had at our previous two encounters.

Avoid the fact that the team we played comes from another state

Avoid the fact that the team we played has abysmal home ground attendances, let alone away games.

Avoid the fact that Storm had a loss the previous week.

Avoid the fact the Tigers had a month of poor results.

Avoid the fact the weather was not condusive to drawing a big crowd.

You call them excuses, but they are simply known as facts.

Stop playing the same busted arse tune will you. You have no decent argument as it lacks forethought.

Anonymous

Juniors
There is a specific amount of money set aside for use on Recreation facilities in the Budget. The money used will come away from another stadium.

More shocking was Penrith's crowd of 11k when they're coming 3rd and are defending premiers. Haven't they received money before?

Anyway, 19k against Parramatta. The Old girl will be packed against Souths as well.

madunit said:
nospam49 said:
So that 5,648 people and sit in the worst stadium in professional sport in Australia and remember the good old days.

nospam49 said:

Just keep avoiding the huge crowds we had at our previous two encounters.

Avoid the fact that the team we played comes from another state

Avoid the fact that the team we played has abysmal home ground attendances, let alone away games.

Avoid the fact that Storm had a loss the previous week.

Avoid the fact the Tigers had a month of poor results.

Avoid the fact the weather was not condusive to drawing a big crowd.

You call them excuses, but they are simply known as facts.

Stop playing the same busted arse tune will you. You have no decent argument as it lacks forethought.

So thats a no to the dying people in Hospitals from you then?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, 7500 taxpayers so far are keen on the idea.

LF your comments are tedious, antiquated and desperately lacking knowledge.

please go and play chicken with the trains.

PS - ensure your feet are tied to the tracks

Balmain_Boy said:
There is a specific amount of money set aside for use on Recreation facilities in the Budget. The money used will come away from another stadium.

More shocking was Penrith's crowd of 11k when they're coming 3rd and are defending premiers. Haven't they received money before?

Anyway, 19k against Parramatta. The Old girl will be packed against Souths as well.

This isnt about the current NRL premiers or their record breaking crowds over the last two years.

This is about a club that has TWO stadiums....one of which is just a few years old....wanting $2,000,000 of tax payer funds to "Upgrade" a stadium that would need about $40,000,000 to actually do anything constructive to!

Anonymous

Juniors
Not just the team wants it you fool. The Balmain Mayor does as well. Enough said.

My point re the Penrith crowd is that even those who get great crowds have bad days.

tigergal

Juniors
u moron, it was just explained that the funds come from a different area of the budget than hospitals!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
nospam49 said:
This is about a club that has TWO stadiums....one of which is just a few years old....wanting $2,000,000 of tax payer funds to "Upgrade" a stadium that would need about $40,000,000 to actually do anything constructive to!
So if it requires 40 million to fix up, why are you crying like a bitch when we ask for 2?

you idiot!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Not just the team wants it you fool. The Balmain Mayor does as well. Enough said.

My point re the Penrith crowd is that even those who get great crowds have bad days.

Yeah i was pretty disappointing of the crowd just under 12,000 but the weather obviously played a part.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
as well as being a successful team (ie reigning premiers)

Were Penrith getting crowds like that a few years back when they were cellar dwellers?

nuff said.