What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Raiders Line-up

azza

Juniors
Robbo will be goooneee if Ale can step up at some stage. Brenno you are spot on, many of these guys such as Martin are hard workers but we have too many of them. Actually I have been really disappointed in Martin and to a lesser extent Hindmarsh this year. They need to step up next year, as does Cross.

Hopefully Ale gets a go sooner rather than later, the kid is a dynamo. And finally while I see Macca starting in the halves next year I am sorry to say as Carney gets more experience I would like to see him usurp Macca from that position. McLinden has had long enough now and clearly isn't the answer to our halves issues. He might have the occassional good game but then he turns in about 10 mediocre or bad games. Just not good enough. I still think without a decent halves pairing we have gone reasonably well. If we got some decent halves I would expect us to improve quite a bit.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think McLinden at 5/8th can work if he has an organisational half that can run things, that way he can just focus on his own game

brenno

Juniors
he's a defensive liablity at 5/8th and at 7 and can't organise a root at a brothel, he's proved that this season. Mclinden's future will be coming off the bench as a utility/hooker role in 20/15mins bursts if he wants to stay in 1st grade. A Brilliant attacking player who was forced into developing a kicking/organising game when he never had one.

Anonymous

Juniors
Marty is a Matt Bowen style player. Bowen has a kicking and passing game, which he uses sparingly. Marty has been forced to make it his style.

LUKEY

Juniors
Marty has had two much preasure placed on his kicking ga me. That is why Carny Campo and Smith should be in the starting side with Marty on the bench and used as a impact player.

Kris_man

Bench
ok, assuming we have Withers:

1. Schifcofske (c)
2. Chalk
3. Frawley
4. Graham
5. D Howell
6. J Smith
7. Carney
8. O'hara
9. Withers
10. Weyman
11. Adamson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

Interchange:-
14. Hodgson
15. Cross
16. Miller
17. Mclinden

now that's a team which can give the comp a shake. =P~

guys i don't wanna see anything of next year:
Thompson, Robertson (sorry RR), Rothery, Bulgarelli, T Smith, Tongue (sorry everyone)

guys i rate who i didn't name in the 17:
Woolford (but he shouldn't be undroppable), Campese, Kahler, Franciscus, Gafa, Milne, Russo, Mundine

guys who i'm not sure about:
Mogg, Martin, N Smith, Ale, M Howell.

No Woolford? You're kidding!

Assuming Withers also... this is what I think it SHOULD be, and yes, I can dream...

1. Schif
2. Chalky
3. Mogg
4. Frawley
5. Graham
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford (c)
10. Weyman
11. Croker
12. Hindmarsh
13. J. Smith

Res:

14. Hodgson
15. Adamson
16. Miller
17. Withers

Oh... drool. Despite no Wiki/Davico, that side could potentially be better than this year's squad.

Kris_man

Bench
Timbo said:
Yeah let's drop our club captain :roll:

yep, sorry Germ. i always thought Ruben should have been the captain anyway. don't worry though, good form in PL should see you get a bench spot in firsts. remember guys, Nth Qld dropped their captain (dropped him from the captaincy anyway) this season, and look at the results. i'm not saying that this was the only factor in their success, but it obviously didn't hinder their cause, did it? the captain should be undroppable and IMO, Germ is not undroppable.

But we didn't buy Danny Buderus..........

We bought Lincoln Withers, who is a utility, and who is not a better full-time hooker than Germ... yet. He'll get his chance in '06 probably.

Kris_man

Bench
yeah look, i''ve got no qualms whatsoever with Germ being hooker and captain (which he WILL be), he's a good player and i rate him. i just wanna move him from undroppable to droppable. the only undroppables in the team, for mine, are Toots, Rhino, McLinden, Graham and Schifcofske.

Brimmer

Juniors
I totally agree that germ should seriously be put under the microscrope. Agree with you kris man except for maybe Marty. Another player who seriously has to improve his defensive game to be a starter in firsts.

brenno

Juniors
Drop woolford & mogg, put Rothery on your scrub list? have you completely lost it kris-man? Woolford is the Raiders club captain, you saw for yourself how much the raiders struggled against the rorters without his play from dummy-half. Mogg is one of the Raiders most consistent and experienced backs, several nrl clubs wouldn't mind having him on their roster. Rothery is one of the raiders best young foward prospects. 1 bad half against the Roosters earlier this season doesn't change that. Has the size and skills to be the backrower the Raiders need.

Kris_man

Bench
brimmer, i wouldn't have Marty as a certain starter either, but i wouldn't even contemplate leaving him out of the 17.

brenno: it was way before the Roosters game that i started disliking Rothery, but that match did show him up big time. he wasn't just dropping balls randomly because of butterfingers or whatever, he was dropping them because he was getting hammered by the Roosters defence, and if there's one thing you can't do as a forward, it's allow yourself to be dominated by the other pack (something which consistently happens to Troy Thompson). but hopefully Alan will prove me wrong next year, after all, he is a Raider.
and please don't remind me of that awful qualifying final against the Roosters. Germ wasn't running from dummy half, but everyone else was: Miller, hindmarsh, Lawrence, Drew, Shifcofske, Mogg. it was the most boring and negative half of football i've seen in my life, so i don't think its a good example personally.

thickos

First Grade
Kris_man said:
brimmer, i wouldn't have Marty as a certain starter either, but i wouldn't even contemplate leaving him out of the 17.

brenno: it was way before the Roosters game that i started disliking Rothery, but that match did show him up big time. he wasn't just dropping balls randomly because of butterfingers or whatever, he was dropping them because he was getting hammered by the Roosters defence, and if there's one thing you can't do as a forward, it's allow yourself to be dominated by the other pack (something which consistently happens to Troy Thompson). but hopefully Alan will prove me wrong next year, after all, he is a Raider.
and please don't remind me of that awful qualifying final against the Roosters. Germ wasn't running from dummy half, but everyone else was: Miller, hindmarsh, Lawrence, Drew, Shifcofske, Mogg. it was the most boring and negative half of football i've seen in my life, so i don't think its a good example personally.

Miller and Hindy got knocked out so its poor form to blame them for the Roosters semi!

Kris_man

Bench
thickos said:
Miller and Hindy got knocked out so its poor form to blame them for the Roosters semi!
oh no, i wasn't blaming them, they're just taking orders! in fact, i'm a massive Josh Miller fan, and told him so after the game :D. i blame whoever was giving those orders: "run from dummy half", "kick directly into touch to use up time", in other words, play as if you're holding onto a lead from the opening minute.

LUKEY

Juniors
I know that i have already posted my dream 2005 team but what about putting Marty in at inside center. People might go what tha but he has good defence. Great speed and can chime in at first receiver if we need him to. He played a far bit of centers as a junior. Himself and graham or enen Moggi and Frawley would be potent in attack.

Kris_man

Bench
I know that i have already posted my dream 2005 team but what about putting Marty in at inside center. People might go what tha but he has good defence.
haha, you're a funny guy lukey! :lol:

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Mclinden is too small for a centre. His best bet now IMO if he wants to hold a starting spot is too excel at 5/8th and form a partnership with either J. Smith or Carney.

joel

Juniors
The addition of Withers to the side has made it even tougher for McLinden. He'll now be competing against Smith, Carney and Withers (yes, I know, not bought as a halfback) for the 7 jersey. Quite frankly, I can't see Mark winning that battle.