What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hate seeing 80,000 seater stadiums with 16,000 people in. Give me a packed atmospheric local ground any day!

Grantwhy

Juniors
Perth Red said:
I hate seeing 80,000 seater stadiums with 16,000 people in. Give me a packed atmospheric local ground any day!
Even if it means crowds of 11-12,000 instead and financial losses for the Club from game days?

ouwet

Bench
LeagueXIII said:
And the Rabbits aren't winning, also have had alot of bad publicity.

if SOuth's were playing an out of town team their would of been 5000 yesterday... Dead set Bulldog fans out numbered them 3 0r 4 to 1

JK

The argument about amenities does not hold for souths - they were at the SFS! That is the best all-seater for league south of Suncorp.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was quite surprised that we outnumbered Souths so greatly yesterday in terms of fans, at least 3 to 1. I thought Telstra was working a treat for them but obviously it's the away teams doing it for them. I dread the crowd if Souths play Storm this year at Telstra...

Perth Red

Post Whore
The stadium is only a small part of what makes people turn up to games. The Roosters and Sths v Tigers and St George and are great examples that even an old fashioned ground can attract more. Besides its not the niceness of Telstra it is the size that I don't like. Hopefully Melbourne's and GC's new grounds will be a catalyst for the development of some great 25,000 venues in Sydney.

ali

Bench
Perth Red said:

The problem with sururban grounds though, is what we had on Sunday at Campbelltown. Rumours of a sellout that never was. I don't know where they started, and i rubbished them when I heard them, but numerous people I travelled to the game with on Sunday had heard it was a sellout. i wonder how many fans were kept away?

yakstorm

First Grade
JK said:
The argument about amenities does not hold for souths - they were at the SFS! That is the best all-seater for league south of Suncorp.

Fair call there, but what about location? Telstra Stadium at least allows Souths fans to draw more upon away fans especially when they are playing the likes of Canterbury, Parramatta, Penrith and Wests.

Timmah

Staff member
Average Home Crowds added to original post. Will keep them updated post round each week...

colonel_123

Juniors
LeagueXIII said:
Crowd are slightly down on same time last year. We still haven't had any Melbourne games. Wollongong, Parra, Canberra, Auckland have had poor/disappointing crowds this year.

We haven't had any Penrith games either.

They have a good average and should have a few good crowds for the opening of the refurbished grand stand.

That should off set the any smaller Melbourne games.

Surandy

Bench
Timmah said:
I was quite surprised that we outnumbered Souths so greatly yesterday in terms of fans, at least 3 to 1. I thought Telstra was working a treat for them but obviously it's the away teams doing it for them. I dread the crowd if Souths play Storm this year at Telstra...

Round 9 Saturday May 6th, 7:30pm game. Rabbitohs vs Storm at Telstra Stadium.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

They could have at least made it a Sunday game... Poor TS management, egg on the face that night...