What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
Brutus said:
Will the Broncos finish with a higher crowd average than they did least year.

They'll need 36,000 at their final match vs the Warriors.

Brutus

Referee
They are a remote chance of getting that. As long as they break the 30k average.

I guess it depends if it's a Sunday or not. Cut 5-10,000 off the crowd if it's a saturday night.

JW

Coach
Brutus,

As it looks like the Broncos will miss the 4, the Warriors match should be Webcke's last home game. The club is expecting a big turn out, as you'd expect.

Here's hoping a large crowd will be in attendance to send the big fella off, and propel the average past 30,000 for the second year running. It would be a good effort, considering that reaching that mark looked very, very unlikely around mid-year.

nqboy

First Grade
yakstorm said:
Well we've had now 2,432,599 people at games in season 2006 giving us a crowd average of 15,299 so far for the season.

This time last year 2,603,878 people had attendend games giving us an average of 16,377 at the same time.
That seems to be at odds with Timmah's figures on Page 1, unless we had a huge round this time last year.

The Warriors' 4 point penalty is killing us as their fans gave up the ghost early on and they've had some seriously poor crowds since. But it was still the right thing to do.

Lantana

Juniors
yakstorm said:
I think the NRL needs to get smarter with when and where they hold games. For some teams and some areas, night games do draw better, but others should be days.

Look at Canberra for example, they draw better on a Sunday afternoon, understandable as well cause it gets very cold there, however teams like Melbourne, North Queensland and even Newcastle seems to draw better at night than during the day.

Friday night games do draw very well, seems to be many league fans in Sydney are prepared to go straight from work to the footy, however they seem less inclinded to go to the football and then out on a Saturday night.

Unfortunately the NRL doesn't have much of a say when it comes to 'when' a side playes. That is determined 5 weeks prior to the match by the television companies(Ch9 and Fox).
Sat night crowds are affected by Fox programming as well. Why would you pack the kids into the car, hassle with parking, ticketing, queues, cold weather, traffic etc to watch 1 game for $20 per head when you can sit at home in the warmth and watch 3 games for $10 all up?
There needs to be some work done in this area, the actual leveraging of the deal to increase crowds.
I reckong Murdoch should subsidise a season ticket to all subscribers. This would allow him to generate his revenue and also encourage fans to attend home matches of their favourite team. Just a thought.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowd statistics in Post #1 now updated with:

- Round 23 summary with 2005 comparison
- Home Averages as of Round 22
- Represntative fixture crowds including the Test, City/Country and SOO.

Timmah

Staff member
Average home crowds also updated now... the 'Dogs rise 2k on the back of that sensational crowd... hopefully more of the same for a final home game on Friday before we return to Telstra for the finals :D

ByRd

First Grade
Was a great turnout yesterday and Telstra had a awsome atmospehere. Lets hope that this Friday, there is another huge turnout and another 30000+ crowd. Cmon doggies fans and league fans, if you can....get out to Telstra and bring everyone you know, should be a good game. See ya there guys/gals!!!

Timmah

Staff member
The atmosphere wasn't as good as I thought it was yesterday despite the huge crowd... largely due to the bore of a game I suppose.

My guess...
Round 24:
Fri
7:30 Bulldogs v Brisbane @ Telstra Stadium: 27,560
Sat
5:30 Cronulla v Penrith @ Toyota Park: 15,100
7:30 Cowboys v Knights @ Dairy Farmers: 20,500
7:30 Melbourne v NZ @ Olympic Park: 9,600
Sun
2:30 Sydney v Parra @ Aussie: 14,200
3:00 Saints v Tigers @ Kogarah: 16,700
3:00 Manly v Souths @ Brookie: 15,900
Raiders BYE

Hindyscrack

Bench
Round 24:
Fri
7:30 Bulldogs v Brisbane @ Telstra Stadium: 25,000
Sat
5:30 Cronulla v Penrith @ Toyota Park: 10,000
7:30 Cowboys v Knights @ Dairy Farmers: 19,500
7:30 Melbourne v NZ @ Olympic Park: 14,000 (always a top drawing game, plus melb on top)
Sun
2:30 Sydney v Parra @ Aussie: 12,00
3:00 Saints v Tigers @ Kogarah: 16,000
3:00 Manly v Souths @ Brookie: 14,000

Paullyboy

Coach
I havent looked into the Warriors crowd figures very closely - but since they started winning in the last month or so their figures appear to have dived significantly.

When they were losing mid-season they looked a lot more healthy which makes absolutely no sense!

ByRd

First Grade
Fri
7:30 Bulldogs v Brisbane @ Telstra Stadium: 27000
Sat
5:30 Cronulla v Penrith @ Toyota Park: 11000
7:30 Cowboys v Knights @ Dairy Farmers: 18500
7:30 Melbourne v NZ @ Olympic Park: 13000
Sun
2:30 Sydney v Parra @ Aussie: 11000
3:00 Saints v Tigers @ Kogarah: 14000
3:00 Manly v Souths @ Brookie: 16000

JK

I think Roosters-Parra will get more on the back of Eels fans and a good recent Roosters record. Sharks-Panthers will struggle for 10K.

hitamn

Juniors
i was at the dogs vs dragons game yesterday a there was heaps more than 31000 there . bought my ticket at 2:20pm and my pax number was 31126, and there where still thousands of ppl making there way to the ground. even after the game started ppl were filing into the ground. should have easily topped the 35000 i reckon it was closer to 40000
must have been just me

ouwet

Bench
hitamn said:
i was at the dogs vs dragons game yesterday a there was heaps more than 31000 there . bought my ticket at 2:20pm and my pax number was 31126, and there where still thousands of ppl making there way to the ground. even after the game started ppl were filing into the ground. should have easily topped the 35000 i reckon it was closer to 40000
must have been just me

I agree mate... I thought the crowd was atleast 35K.
I'll be buying tickets for the friday night game today, Will be interesting to see the ticket sales for Canterbury's first Home friday night game since round 2 (If my memory serves me correct).

ouwet

Bench
WE NEED YOU!

On behalf of all the players and staff at the Bulldogs I want to congratulate every Bulldogs fan who came out yesterday to Telstra Stadium to see the team defeat the Dragons. You all contributed to a great game as we passed the 30,000 crowd figure for the second time this year and helped inspire the players to another victory.

Your cheering, your show of blue-and-white and the respect and great spirit you displayed to all patrons showed why we have the best fans in the NRL.

But we have one more challenge.

In 2005, Bulldogs supporters broke the Club season attendance record with an average home game crowd of 18,235. This was a great achievement, but it still only earnt us second place behind the Wests Tigers (18,789) on the list of most attended Sydney clubs last year.

Do you think we can go one better?

We need to see a crowd of at least 31,600 turn up on Friday night to break the record we set last year. But if we are to be number one in Sydney we need a crowd of at least 36,000 to challenge the Tigers. That would be a Club record for a single home game.

So here is your chance to make your mark. Tell your friends and family to be at Telstra Stadium this Friday. Pre-purchase your tickets through Ticketek to take advantage of discounts. Deck yourself out in blue-and-white. And cheer on the mighty Bulldogs and make us number one in Sydney!

Thank you

Malcolm Noad
CEO
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs

Get to the game Bulldog supporters!!!!!! bring everyone you know!

Latest posts