What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

Channel 10 News has reported that Melbourne centre Steven Bell has alerted the Storm he has agreed to terms with Manly for 2006.

The classy 29-year-old was being vigorously pursued by South Sydney, and many believe this announcement will follow a decision by Storm halfback and Bell's friend Matt Orford to similarly snub Melbourne and South Sydney to announce Manly as his club of choice for the next three seasons.

The news of Bell's capture is yet to be confirmed by either club, but should it be true, it represents a large blow to South Sydney and boosts Manly's backline to a great extent, considering 34-year-old centre Terry Hill is almost certainly retiring after providing band-aid support in 2005.

chemicalstorm said:
MODS, Please delete this Thread and lotti please. Reason: No Offical announcement has been made

sorry buddy its official

re post from our website
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Brilliant Melbourne Storm centre Steven Bell today agreed to a three year contract with the Manly Sea Eagles.
Bell told Storm coach Craig Bellamy and his Storm team mates of his decision late this afternoon.
Bell will complete the 2005 season with the Storm and move to the Peninsula with his young family in October.
Manly CEO Patrick Wilson said Bell's move to the Sea Eagles next season was a continuation of the club's growth.
"He is a significant signing for us and is a class centre who coach Des Hasler and his coaching staff regard highly.
"Steven Bell was a major target for us and we are delighted he has agreed to terms," Wilson said. - Media
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/font]

lotti

Bench
:p to chemicalstorm. I knew Steven would sign as much as I wish he was still a Storm player I'm glad he's going to be a Sea Eagle not a bunny.

siclad_5

Juniors
hopefully next week is a big week for signings... i was pretty disappointed this week with the lack of cnfirmed signings, but i spose there was origin :s
COME ON SIGN

siclad_5

Juniors
Mapp--> Sharks

"The Sharks went some way towards making up for Galloway's departure by adding Brisbane front rower Darren Mapp to their ranks.

Mapp, 24, signed a two-year deal which will fill some of the void left by Galloway and the imminent retirement of representative prop Jason Stevens."

roboshark

Coach
siclad_5 said:
Mapp--> Sharks

"The Sharks went some way towards making up for Galloway's departure by adding Brisbane front rower Darren Mapp to their ranks.

Mapp, 24, signed a two-year deal which will fill some of the void left by Galloway and the imminent retirement of representative prop Jason Stevens."

:lol: Really!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
sorry buddy its official

re post from our website

Sorry, I did not look, My Apologise

Lotti, YOUR EITHER A SEAEAGLE OR A STORM TROOPER. You can't be both unless you support a NRL and a ESL team. That all right

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
chemicalstorm said:
MODS, Please delete this Thread and lotti please. Reason: No Offical announcement has been made
You have no right to TELL admins or mods what to do.
Please don't do it again.
Thank you.

Fairfax

Juniors
Ashley Harrison a Rooster in 2006
Monday, July 11, 2005

Star Queensland lock forward Ashley Harrison today agreed to a 3 year agreement with the Sydney Roosters.

South Sydney player of the year in 2003 & 2004 has made the decision to change clubs to enhance his representative career.

“I have been impressed with the professionalism of the Roosters and look forward to playing under Ricky Stuart and his coaching team.

“Whilst I have enjoyed the challenge of helping re-build South Sydney it is important for me to reset my goals and further develop my career”.

Ashley Harrison will take the place of retiring club stalwart Luke Ricketson.

Sydney Roosters CEO Brian Canavan said the new signing is a great addition to the Roosters.

“Ashley is a real professional on and off the field which integrates perfectly with the Sydney Roosters culture and experience.

“He is looking forward to playing with the Roosters and being part of the club’s Centenary year in 2007”.

The Queenslander made has debut in State of Origin 3 and compliments the club’s playing roster for 2006, 2007 & 2008.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1356

Lucas

Juniors
Bell has done well to get 3 years. Melbourne would only have offered 2 at his age. I can fully understand why he left then.