What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Crowd Watch

brendothejet

First Grade
Nook said:
To be honest, Brendo, I'd cop a 1000 or two off the crowd average to avoid having a Mundine in every team talking sh*t 26 weeks a year.

Its not about going to mundine proportions.

when Willie Mason was calling out Kidwell it sparked big interest in the test series. Put the game on the map in Melbourne.

We need blokes calling out others. all they need to do is sh*tbag a team. For instance if the Dragons came out tommorrow and said the tigers weren't deserved of the premiership in 05 through their diving at the knees running and crappy refereeing in the finals it would encite a whole lot

ouwet

Bench
brendothejet said:
Its not about going to mundine proportions.

when Willie Mason was calling out Kidwell it sparked big interest in the test series. Put the game on the map in Melbourne.

We need blokes calling out others. all they need to do is sh*tbag a team. For instance if the Dragons came out tommorrow and said the tigers weren't deserved of the premiership in 05 through their diving at the knees running and crappy refereeing in the finals it would encite a whole lot

I agree but i will not blame Mason if he never does it again... He get's bagged out by idiots!

Nook

Bench
For instance if the Dragons came out tommorrow and said the tigers weren't deserved of the premiership in 05 through their diving at the knees running and crappy refereeing in the finals it would encite a whole lot

I think if the Dragons came out and said that they’d be laughed at for a) being wrong and b) being sore losers. And I don’t think it would add a single soul to the crowd.

It’d help sell some Teles though. And give the Tigers fans a bit of a chuckle.

Last thing we need is tacky promotion in my view. Proper grassroots stuff – membership, advertising, connection with the local community. WWF style mouthing off achieves nothing long term.

yakstorm

First Grade
Nook said:
I think if the Dragons came out and said that they’d be laughed at for a) being wrong and b) being sore losers. And I don’t think it would add a single soul to the crowd.

It’d help sell some Teles though. And give the Tigers fans a bit of a chuckle.

Last thing we need is tacky promotion in my view. Proper grassroots stuff – membership, advertising, connection with the local community. WWF style mouthing off achieves nothing long term.

A very good point, if the right 'grassroot' stuff had been done in the past, the Dragons would be able to draw a crowd simply by asking their fans to help 'raise the team' or to 'show some pride', similar to what Newcastle did in the year they won or the spoon, or in other years they haven't made the eight.

Instead because they have only relied on success in the past to draw their crowds, as soon as they have been unable to provide that, only the true diehards have shown up.

t-ba

Post Whore
brendothejet said:
19,944?

that's disgraceful Sydney. If this game was in brisbane it would have been 80k MINIMUM!

:lol:

Just as well they switched venues for next mondays match. There'd be 15k tops...

yosh64

Juniors
t-ba said:
12,262 @ Shark Park.

Yeah pretty crap as they got 14,000 against brissy last year. I would've thought they'd have more local support as they arent playing badly this year. Theres hope for them to make the 8 for sure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 9 - May 11-14

Sharks/Broncos TOYOTA 12,262
Eagles/Eels BROOKVALE 19,944

2 matches - TOTAL: 32,206. AVG: 16,103

:crazy:

t-ba

Post Whore
yosh64 said:
Yeah pretty crap as they got 14,000 against brissy last year. I would've thought they'd have more local support as they arent playing badly this year. Theres hope for them to make the 8 for sure.

Boot 'em out and bring Back the Bears I say...

Misanthrope

Staff member
My God, that's an atrocious crowd. Even during 2005 when we couldn't jag a win, the crowds were better than that.

Apey

Staff member
robbo333 said:
i dont think the quality of football is as good as the last few years

Are you 10?

Every post I've read of yours has given me that impression ;\

Latest posts