What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN420

Juniors
Incorrect BN420...

Should in fact read "Don't have to, you're wrong". Not only did you spell "you're" incorrectly, you failed to punctuate your sentence.

You're right :p

But that not the sentence kiki was quoting I was wrong about.

*Anyway back onto what we should all be talking about RL

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Incorrect BN420...

Should in fact read "Don't have to, you're wrong". Not only did you spell "you're" incorrectly, you failed to punctuate your sentence.

Now quit this spelling/grammar nonsense and get back to discussing CROWDS kthx.

Ok, twas f**king freezing last night! If I wasn't a STH I probably would've stayed home as well. 28K is ordinary but the Sharks are hardly a club we have a big rivallry against, wait till we play the Dragons, Storm & Tits.

Good to see some of the Masons, were a bit quiet though which is understandible.

Last edited:

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Ok, twas f**king freezing last night! If I wasn't a STH I probably would've stayed home as well. 28K is ordinary but the Sharks are hardly a club we have a big rivallry against, wait till we play the Dragons, Storm & Tits.

Good to see some of the Masons, were a bit quiet though which is understandible.

Just realised we actually don't play Melbourne at home this year, great work NRL! :(

Next Brissy games:
v Canberra (Sun) 35k
v Dragons (Fri) 40k
v Titans (Fri) 52.5k (capacity)
v Knights (TBA) 37k? (depends how we're placed for the finals)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I looked at exactly what she quoted and she was right on the button. Perhaps you should quit while you're behind.

Back to crowds.
Tonight I think we'll get about 12k @ Canberra and 9-11k @ CUA.

BN420

Juniors

So true was 2.7 degrees here in the western suburbs :(

And you're right we don't have much of a rivalry with the sharks as they play boring footy normally. But this might change now after thugs high shot, we might have to start playing dirty more often seems more and more teams can't play within the rules.

Having said that I think we did get 57,000 for the SL Final at ANZ ahhh that was a good game to be at glad I was there.

Chapsta

Juniors
so :

brisbane population 1.8
sydney 4.2

broncos crowds : 34,000

sydney crowds each team :

souths 16,000
tigers 16,000
parra 14,00
penrith 12,000
sharks 13,000
manly 15,000
roosters 12,000
saints 7000 (1/2 gong)
dogs 16,000

total RL crowds in brisbane : 34,000
total RL crowds in sydney : 121,000

total crowd as a percentage of city population

brisbane 1.89%
sydney 2.88%

Townsville: 170k, average crowd 20k (guess)- percentage of city pop. 11%.
No team could beat the Cowboys on that one.

BN420

Juniors
Actually there was 5 yours, you're 's etc used in that post 3 out of 5 we're correct. And since she did not quote a EXACT one in her post neither of us is wrong!

Don't blame me for the grammar crap she started that!

On crowds again....

I'm still waiting for someone to post Entry level ticketing prices for teams to compare them against what i posted.

Cheapest tickets into suncorp are $26 for Adult or $31 for 1 Adult and Child.
So a average family lime mine (2 adults 2 kids) or most is going to cost $62 just to get in. This to me is a reason why crowds are poor.

Can you please post entry level pricing for your clubs guys.

Timmah

Staff member
Actually there was 5 yours, you're 's etc used in that post 3 out of 5 we're correct. And since she did not quote a EXACT one in her post neither of us is wrong!

Don't blame me for the grammar crap she started that!

Are you serious? You very clearly made grammatical errors, she pointed them out (don't behave like a child on this - "she didn't say which one" is pathetic stuff), you were wrong.

You're digging yourself a hole which I can see a number of people are willing to help bury you in. Admit you were wrong and let it go.

Downie

Guest Moderator
That would be "yeah". Also capital letters are required at the start of sentences, and a proper sentence doesn't start with "but".

Grammar Nazis need to watch their own spelling and grammar pretty closely....

There should be a comma after 'Also', no comma after 'sentences' and an ellipsis only has 3 dots. You're right, they do :p

*Waits for someone to pick apart this post*

To be more on topic, there should be a huge crowd for the Roosters/Manly game tomorrow given the amount of promotion for it and the fact a large number of Manly fans are going to make the trip. Despite the fact we cop a lot of crap for not travelling, Manly have put a lot of effort into encouraging people to away games, especially against Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Big Pete

Referee
Hopefully the Roosters/Manly game does draw the crowd it differs. Anything less than 25K would be considered dissapointing.

Timmah

Staff member
Richard Fisk was quoted on 2GB today as saying that anything under 20k would be a let-down.

Kids under 16 are getting in free. Tell everyone you know, seriously.

BN420

Juniors
Hmmm should free admissions count towards the total crowd ? Do they count in official crowd figures ?

To me that's just a way to artificially bloat your figures, which then makes the whole point of crowd figures pointless.

*Paul*

Juniors
8,700 at Bruce was the announcement, second week in row they've given an 00 figure, so probably just a estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.