What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyt

Juniors
Richard Fisk was quoted on 2GB today as saying that anything under 20k would be a let-down.

Kids under 16 are getting in free. Tell everyone you know, seriously.
When I played footy in the juniors (6-15 so 16-7 years ago) everybody who played in the juniors of a first grade team got a card that let them into any game (besides finals) free. Have they stopped this? Why is there a big fuss about kids under 16 getting in free?

GCR

Juniors
Woeful crowds at both games tonight. If the Raiders can't pull at least 12,000 vs the Titans and the Panthers at least 20,000 vs the Tigers, then we might as well give up.

VictoryFC

Bench
Woeful crowds at both games tonight. If the Raiders can't pull at least 12,000 vs the Titans and the Panthers at least 20,000 vs the Tigers, then we might as well give up.

Just for you....

So thats....8,700 + 27,905 + 7253 + 14,075 = 57 933.

Thats only 30,000 left to break Hawthorn vs Geelongs attendance.

GCR

Juniors
Yep, you're manipulating me, you're a genius :sarcasm:

Your the kind of genius who goes on forums dedicated to a sport he does not like and tries to steer the conversation towards soccer. Brilliant. Please go off for a wank and cry yourself to sleep.

VictoryFC

Bench
Yep, you're manipulating me, you're a genius :sarcasm:

Your the kind of genius who goes on forums dedicated to a sport he does not like and tries to steer the conversation towards soccer. Brilliant. Please go off for a wank and cry yourself to sleep.

Haha another winner. Was I the one that diverted it to soccer? If you looked back, I was following up on someone elses diversion. :lol: Its okay though, I'll give you the victory here, you deserve it with the amount of effort you've put in

Raider Azz

Bench
you can thank todd carney and the sh*t that's been in the papers all week for the bad crowd at canberra.

if we can win in brisbane next week theres no reason why we can't pull a good crowd the sunday after versus penrith.

Teddyboy

First Grade
SBW should invite the NRL along to Union with crap crowds like that.
Party time for the NRL,the games is sadly dying.

shear_joy9

Coach
I was very dissapointed with the Canberra crowd, although it did have alot of factors pulling fans away;
-titans team without their star players
-basically no away support
-Todd Carney distractions
-non-existant promotion

Moffo

Referee

great, you shut the windows and ill lock the door on the way out

cheers

brad_19

Juniors
As stated a few pages back, Hawthorn v Geelong got 86,179 at the MCG for a regular home and away match, 1 v 3. If two Sydney-based sides played off as 1 v 3, the game would be lucky to get 20k. It's a really worrying trend, all these small crowds. People will offer excuses aplenty, and I'm sure many of them are valid... but the fact remains that Melbourne's major code and the NRL's major rival, has similar issues (eg: 10 Victorian teams), freezing weather, high costs of living, but the fans still turn out game after game, week after week. The lowest AFL club membership is higher then any Sydney club attendance average. Something has to be done to get people back watching the game, or RL will look like the AFL's little brother in terms of rivalry. I suppose TV numbers are a positive at least.

Perth Red

Post Whore
RL has, up till now, survived without big crowds based on leagues clubs. Reality is without big crowds over the next 5-10 years we will see plenty of clubs slip by the way side. they are only just waking up to this fact and it will take a few years and a lot of hard work to reverse years of neglect in terms of offering fans what they want from a game day experience.

I still don't get how AFL gets so many people through the gate (the West Coast Eagles have a waiting list for season tickets!) but the NRL had better learn and learn fast!

Just for you....

So thats....8,700 + 27,905 + 7253 + 14,075 = 57 933.

Thats only 30,000 left to break Hawthorn vs Geelongs attendance.

:lol:

good stuff mate.

how are the AFL crowds in NZ going, since the nrl has a team there its only fair to compare

nrl = 13,000 in NZ

aFl ?

As stated a few pages back, Hawthorn v Geelong got 86,179 at the MCG for a regular home and away match, 1 v 3. If two Sydney-based sides played off as 1 v 3, the game would be lucky to get 20k. It's a really worrying trend, all these small crowds. People will offer excuses aplenty, and I'm sure many of them are valid... but the fact remains that Melbourne's major code and the NRL's major rival, has similar issues (eg: 10 Victorian teams), freezing weather, high costs of living, but the fans still turn out game after game, week after week. The lowest AFL club membership is higher then any Sydney club attendance average. Something has to be done to get people back watching the game, or RL will look like the AFL's little brother in terms of rivalry. I suppose TV numbers are a positive at least.

what kind of crowds does AFL get for its state of origin champ

we got 67,000, 51,000 and 78,000 this year so can you fill me in on the AFL numbers.

and hows your AFL WC going?

Perth Red

Post Whore
hmmm 60,000 in Perth or 13,000 in NZ, I think I'd take the former!

Mute points anyway, we know the AFL hands us our ar5e when it come to crowds, has for years and no doubt always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.