What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
and i would assume sydney has much more ethnic/cultural diversity than Brisbane, therefore a lower percentage of people growing up and watching league. obviously league fans are diverse but i still think a large chunk of us are pretty anglo.

btw if someone can quote me statistics to prove otherwise ill happily accept im wrong!

Go to a Bulldogs game. About 50/50 ethnic, anglo.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Its a win-win argument coming from Qlders, matey.

When they say "less Sydney teams" you say "but we have competition", yet, less Sydney teams means less competition.

Here's some numbers: Brisbane population 1.8million
Sydney " 4.2million

So if 1.8million means an average crowd of 33k, then the only way Sydney teams can ever match that is with one team for every 1.8 million of population.

I reckon 5 would be about right.

so :

brisbane population 1.8
sydney 4.2

broncos crowds : 34,000

sydney crowds each team :

souths 16,000
tigers 16,000
parra 14,00
penrith 12,000
sharks 13,000
manly 15,000
roosters 12,000
saints 7000 (1/2 gong)
dogs 16,000

total RL crowds in brisbane : 34,000
total RL crowds in sydney : 121,000

total crowd as a percentage of city population

brisbane 1.89%
sydney 2.88%

yes there are too many sydney clubs you merkins.

Last edited:

stormtragic

Juniors
27k is about what broncos get when they play sharks....some teams just dont get crowds when they play away ie:sharks, raiders, cowboys

griff

Bench
You actually lost, but f**king ARKO let the pricks off the hook and back in to destroy our game further with your so-called f**king knowledge. Tell you what, i give you lot permission to control our game ... but us Sydney clubs will go back to our NSWRL roots and just have our own comp.

I know which comp will be televised, and it wont be yours.

actually Arko was well gone by then, it was the negotiating genius of Neil Whittaker that left us in the sh*t situation we are in. We would have been better off having one more season of a split comp and New Ltd would have cut their losses.

paulyt

Juniors
I don't remember what the full price was, but for me the other week G/A concession was $10. And only $4.50 for a cup of Tooheys New, so no complaints from me.
You could just walk across to the leagues and pay $3.30 or whatever it is.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Tell you what, i give you lot permission to control our game ... but us Sydney clubs will go back to our NSWRL roots and just have our own comp.

I know which comp will be televised, and it wont be yours.

I wish that would happen....

Home of RL my left nut! You lot can keep pretending your empty stadiums are OK. It must be hard to see the big picture with your head in the sand.

banzai

Juniors
We'll certainly out rate the AFL on TV.

Not really, ever since we put 2 games on Friday night the FTA ratings have not been great on Nein. The 2 games last night combined ratings only just the 1 AFL game. The scheduling for league at the moment is all wrong, surely much better off having 1 FTA game on Friday night and 1 on Saturday night and the games would be watched by a lot more people. Foxtel pay SFA for games so shouldnt get an exclusive night of league anyway.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
oh yeh i know! and its great. but i think the Bulldogs are unique in that respect. closely followed by Parra and maybe St George.

That would be "yeah". Also capital letters are required at the start of sentences, and a proper sentence doesn't start with "but".

Grammar Nazis need to watch their own spelling and grammar pretty closely....

Kiki

First Grade
That would be "yeah". Also capital letters are required at the start of sentences, and a proper sentence doesn't start with "but".

Grammar Nazis need to watch their own spelling and grammar pretty closely....

OH NOES U GOT ME

how will i ever live with myself now??

BN420

Juniors
just for future reference champ, it's spelt 'you're'.

LOL get it right fool!

I said Your as meaning as belonging to you.

you're = You are
contraction of you are: You're certain that's right?

If you are going to quote grammar at least get it right stupid!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Incorrect BN420...

BN420 said:
Don't have to your wrong

Should in fact read "Don't have to, you're wrong". Not only did you spell "you're" incorrectly, you failed to punctuate your sentence.

Now quit this spelling/grammar nonsense and get back to discussing CROWDS kthx.

BN420

Juniors
LOL

OT: Crowds will not improve until teams/ground ticketing pricing is addressed.

And in the case of Sydney I think its a case of too much choice....

9 League teams + Swans (+a second afl team down the track) + other sports = less crowds. I think the pie has been cut into to many pieces. reduce the teams to 4-5 the crowds will improve down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts