What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakstorm

First Grade
ie, not promoted?

It's all relative but there was a TVC on Fox, ads in the Telegraph, email send outs, plus a significant amount of news and information put on NRL.com in the lead up to the game.

Thats more promotion by the NRL than they usually do for individual club matches, but you have to remember considering the match only benefits two clubs at the moment, the NRL I imagine would be reluctant to spend a large budget on it.

Red Bear

Referee
TVC on fox helps??? We already have a problem of people preferring to stay at home thna get to the games, i dont think fox helps on the big games like yesterday, particularly with dodgey weather about

eels_fan_01

Bench
Anzac day game.

-Rained all day.
-Dragons had only won 1 game.
-Roosters are not the most supported club in terms of attendance.

Thats why i believe it was a good crowd, they got 32 thousand to this game when it was on a sunny arvo with both teams in or around the 8 if i recall correctly.

Wait until a year when both teams are in the top 4, it will pull 40.

c_eagle

Juniors
Probably more or less the same. If you're going to the game you're going to the game.

Lots of nonsense talked about venues. Crowds at Homebush stand up beside crowds at SFS.....Why? Because if you're going to the game you're going to the game.

Honestly we are world champion excuse makers. 21,000 went because that is the number of people who wanted to go.
I'd have gone to the game yesterday if it was at the SFS. Telstra is a hole. I don't go watch Manly there unless it's the grand final.

Brycey

Juniors
Anzac day game.

-Rained all day.
-Dragons had only won 1 game.
-Roosters are not the most supported club in terms of attendance.

Thats why i believe it was a good crowd, they got 32 thousand to this game when it was on a sunny arvo with both teams in or around the 8 if i recall correctly.

Wait until a year when both teams are in the top 4, it will pull 40.
We've had 2 home games against Melbourne and Brisbane (2 out of Sydney teams) with an average of 16k.

Not only that, atm we are the best away drawing team. Of course this is highly coincidental as Roosters fans a) don't have very man fans and b) have fans that dont travel very well.

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

eels_fan_01

Bench
We've had 2 home games against Melbourne and Brisbane (2 out of Sydney teams) with an average of 16k.

Not only that, atm we are the best away drawing team. Of course this is highly coincidental as Roosters fans a) don't have very man fans and b) have fans that dont travel very well.

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Sigh, i meant generally.

Roosters had also started the year well.

JW

Coach
Skilled should draw 20,000 give or take, likely more, so a decent crowd for the Sharks should see a round average well over 20,000. Outstanding.

yakstorm

First Grade
According to Insight, just shy of 22,000 tickets have been sold for the Titans game tomorrow, and tomorrow should be sunny in Sydney, so Toyota Stadium should get a decent turn out.

To finish the round with a 22K average, we just need 23,000 at Skilled tomorrow, and 14,500 at Toyota.

JW

Coach
Isn't the largest round average ever just under 24K? Even though there'll be 2 less games this week, that's an outstading result assuming the expectations for tomorrow prove to be correct.

Great sign for the Skilled crowd, Yak.

yakstorm

First Grade
The highest Round Average I'm pretty sure is Round 1, 2007 - 23,131

For us to equal that we need 43,796 at the two games tomorrow... So for that to work we'd need around 18,300 at Toyota and 25,500 Skilled... not impossible, but unlikely...

Still, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Chook Norris

First Grade
ooh good crowds so far

but i doubt we'll get 18k at Toyota and with the Titans v Warriors we'll probably get 20k IMO

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2GB are reporting they'll get the full 27k.

Should be a bumper crowd at Toyota too hopefully... We'll definitely come in above 20k. :cool:

eels_fan_01

Bench
Tigers fans love to get to opposition grounds when they have their full side or near full side on the paddock so heres to hoping, probably would have been better had Cronulla won last week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts