What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ba

Post Whore
They're keeping the averages up.

It's a shame the buzz that was around in Sydney in 2005 didn't stay. That was a great year to follow league in Sydney, even with the flogballers winning the 'flag' and the Turds going strong in the Stupor 12.

t-ba

Post Whore
Still, Queenslanders should remember that the Broncos struggled to draw 20k to a match at the beginning of this decade. What goes around and all that...

Brutus

Referee
Nice to see you attempt to reply with a constructive argument.

We're supposed to be working together as a code to promote crowd growth and such, and you're only interested in Queensland chest-beating bullsh*t.

Take a hike son, and when you come back, leave your Maroon glasses at the door.

Take my comments whichever way you want. Turn it into an argument...whatever.

The facts are there though. I'd love to see Sydney crowds pick up but it doesn't seem to be happening. Lack of decent promotion by the NRL doesn't help the situation.

Brutus

Referee
Still, Queenslanders should remember that the Broncos struggled to draw 20k to a match at the beginning of this decade. What goes around and all that...

For obvious reasons.

ANZ Stadium (worst footy stadium ever), the SL stench, the killing of the Crushers, the rise of the Brisbane Lions.

It's great to finally see the Broncos attracting the type of crowds they should have been attracting all along. Days of 20k crowd averages for Brisbane are gone thankfully. They were their own worst enemy in the popularity stakes for a while there.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I think it is a realistic (very) short term aim to try and average 20k+ for Suncorp weeks, and 15k+ when there is no Suncorp game. That would give an average of 17.5k, which is a good start on what we have now.

We should be doing better than that, but as it stands now i think it would be a good target for the NRL.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Nice to see you attempt to reply with a constructive argument.

We're supposed to be working together as a code to promote crowd growth and such, and you're only interested in Queensland chest-beating bullsh*t.

Take a hike son, and when you come back, leave your Maroon glasses at the door.

what?!? i'm from NSW

i'm just congratulating Queensland fans for getting out and supporting their team...

isn't that allowed now? :x

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Take my comments whichever way you want. Turn it into an argument...whatever.

The facts are there though. I'd love to see Sydney crowds pick up but it doesn't seem to be happening. Lack of decent promotion by the NRL doesn't help the situation.

More games to divide the people up against, and aside from ANZ, we have smaller stadiums. You really are an idiot.

You only want to be critical of NSW. I'm proud QLD have come up with great crowds... I just don't see why you feel the need to lay the boot in instead of coming up with a solution to your so labelled problem.

Brutus

Referee
More games to divide the people up against, and aside from ANZ, we have smaller stadiums. You really are an idiot.

You only want to be critical of NSW. I'm proud QLD have come up with great crowds... I just don't see why you feel the need to lay the boot in instead of coming up with a solution to your so labelled problem.

Smaller stadiums? Where does your club play? Skilled and Dairy Farmers aren't that much bigger than the 20-22k Sydney grounds.

But like I said, don't really see a point in arguing here.

Queensland crowds deserve praise while I'd love to see Sydney crowds improve which I believe they can with better promotion.

When I look at crowd averages for the year my first thought is thank f**k for the Queensland clubs. That will not change.

Laying the boot in:lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Awesome Round. If Brookvale and the ANZAC clash could have drawn some more we might have tipped 150k, which would have been an awesome feat for a six game round. Still, Great stuff.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Makes you wonder why they didn't take advantage of the holiday weekend and let all the teams cash in.

Is ANZAC weekend traditionally a big drawer or was this year a bit of an exception?

t-ba

Post Whore
Thanks for the tip. That hasn't been mentioned roughly ten million times already in this thread.

Brutus

Referee
Not too bad at Shark Park

Good round for crowds with the only disappointment being Anzac Day at the "Guest House" as Zorba likes to put it.

t-ba

Post Whore
The sharks look on schedule for their mid season collapse. So that's about as high as it's going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.