What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure on tomorrow night yet. Thursday Pax # sat at 11,990 despite reports of a 35k+crowd.

All I hope is we draw more than tonight's game... the 'Dogs/Eels is a far better rivalry IMHO.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Timmah said:
Not sure on tomorrow night yet. Thursday Pax # sat at 11,990 despite reports of a 35k+crowd.

All I hope is we draw more than tonight's game... the 'Dogs/Eels is a far better rivalry IMHO.

And you'll be there making up for 3 people already ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
:sleeper:

And with that comes the first Timmah fat joke in the Crowd Watch thread.

I only took up one seat at tonight's game :fist:

Bumble

First Grade
Timmah said:

no deal

ouwet

Bench
Timmah said:

Saturday 5.30 will hurt the crowd numbers...

25K IMO. That PAX wouldn't include all the Bulldog members who have a free pass for this game.

Timmah

Staff member
I don't see why we shouldn't get more than last night, it's not live on Nine, the game's less accessible on the box and most of the 'Dogs 3,900 members have tickets to it in addition to all Eels STH's.

Karmawave

Bench
If Souths and the Roosters can only attract a crowd of less than 30,000 for Round 1 of the season after the saturated publicity this match got this week - thats a big concern for the NRL.

Brycey

Juniors
Karmawave said:
If Souths and the Roosters can only attract a crowd of less than 30,000 for Round 1 of the season after the saturated publicity this match got this week - thats a big concern for the NRL.
I think it was over exposed and left a bad taste in a lot of supporters mouths from both sides of the camp. Should see better turn out in Rd 25 if both teams stay competitive.

ByRd

First Grade
Disappointing turnout at ANZ stadium, this game really should of gotten at least to 35k. First game of the year between the so call "biggest rivalry" in the NRL on a Friday night with alot of hype etc. and just under 30k turn up, it really is disappointing, lets hope we see some improvements and get some better crowds especially later on today when the eels/dogs clash.

ByRd said:
Disappointing turnout at ANZ stadium, this game really should of gotten at least to 35k. First game of the year between the so call "biggest rivalry" in the NRL on a Friday night with alot of hype etc. and just under 30k turn up, it really is disappointing, lets hope we see some improvements and get some better crowds especially later on today when the eels/dogs clash.

I was seriously hoping for near 40K. Maybe I took the week's hype too seriously or maybe the live telecast kept people from going. I have no doubt that it would've been closer to 40k at the SFS.

Billythekid

First Grade
ByRd said:

Agreed. I also expect to see a strong turnout at the tigers v dragons game on a sunday afternoon.

Moffo

Referee
and the fact there were no trains going direct to the game from central. f**king disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts