What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Moffo said:
and the fact there were no trains going direct to the game from central. f**king disgrace

One, ran from 6:09pm out of Central. I JUST missed connecting with it at Strathfield.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Three years? Your last visit in 2006 isn't even 2 years ago :lol:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
nqboy said:
I thought it 27500, but maybe a few less than that.
Originally the official capacity was 25,433 iirc but it was generally rounded to 25,000. When they announced more seats we were given two separate figures, some reports said 2000 more (based on the 25,000 figure) and other reports said 1500 (based on the 25,433 figure). Some people added the 2000 new seats onto the 25,433 figure and got 27,433 too which is where I'm assuming the 27,500 figure came from.

Until they release a new official capacity I'm just going to say it's got 27,000 seats and call it a day.

eels_fan_01

Bench
beave said:
you could definetley see patches of empty seats.

It wasnt empty seats though, like t-ba just said, the colours of their jerseys are the same as the colours of the seating.

mattyg

Bench
lets hope dogs v eels beats that 29,386 tonight. I think its a good result if it does, coz the souths v roosters game definately had more hype.

beave

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
It wasnt empty seats though, like t-ba just said, the colours of their jerseys are the same as the colours of the seating.

have a look at the western side, there were a few blocks in what seems the corporate area that was vacant. Regardless, was a good crowd, hope they fill it every week.

Timmah said:
the 'Dogs/Eels is a far better rivalry IMHO.

lol what's your rivalry? a few grand finals and paul carige. great stuff

29k was bitterly disappointing but it was great to hear roosters chants and songs all night. didn't hear one bunnies chant

Shorty

Staff member
I was at the Titans/Cows game and it was at full capacity.
There were empty seats,why I dunno but I can tell you they weren't in the first half.

Corporate perhaps?

Brutus

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
lol what's your rivalry? a few grand finals and paul carige. great stuff

29k was bitterly disappointing but it was great to hear roosters chants and songs all night. didn't hear one bunnies chant

Serves the Rabbitohs right for playing that game out West.

Why they don't play their home match against the Roosters at the SFS is mind-boggling.

They would have got 35k and the stadium would have looked almost full.

Kaplan

Juniors
It really pisses me off having all these games played at homebush. I'm probably repeating what everyone else thinks, but it seems ridiculous that the NRL continue to schedule games there, when everybody knows that a corresponding fixture at the SFS will always draw a bigger crowd.
Souths V Roosters on a friday night would get well over 30k at the SFS. 2 clubs based in inner city. Its not practical for workers in the city to get out to homebush at the end of the day. SFS is easy to get to.
I understand that it must be financial incentives or something, but for f*cks sake.

The Tank

Bench
Kaplan said:
It really pisses me off having all these games played at homebush. I'm probably repeating what everyone else thinks, but it seems ridiculous that the NRL continue to schedule games there, when everybody knows that a corresponding fixture at the SFS will always draw a bigger crowd.
Souths V Roosters on a friday night would get well over 30k at the SFS. 2 clubs based in inner city. Its not practical for workers in the city to get out to homebush at the end of the day. SFS is easy to get to.
I understand that it must be financial incentives or something, but for f*cks sake.

Is it up to the NRL? Don't clubs decide which venue they play at?

Dantm

Juniors
29,000 is a great crowd!

Any person that thinks the SFS would of got a bigger attendance are completley kidding themselves..

Ask yourself this question...

Excluding Finals and ANZAC Day,when was the last time the SFS got more than 29,000 for a regular season NSWRL/ARL/NRL game????

I know the answer and many of the so called"SFS wouldve got a bigger crowd" people probably wont believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts