What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Footy Show Chat Thread

BWNB

First Grade
when they talk solely about Rugby League, thats what 95% of the people want , I reckon they may even win the ratings tonight

If only they did shows like this every week. Vossy should host the show, notice its better without the other members of the panel.

Mr Saab

Referee
If only they did shows like this every week. Vossy should host the show, notice its better without the other members of the panel.

The ratings would sky rocket if Johns and Harragon were pissed off and Voss and Gould added.

mik01

Juniors
finally the independent commission talk is getting credibility.
its the only way forward past the squabbling self interest groups that are holding the game back.

best thing to come out of the show, and gallops mouth.
oh - and the fact that news ltd want to give up 50% control!

Parra

Referee
oh - and the fact that news ltd want to give up 50% control!

Only after they have fleeced every club - basically they want to suck up pokie dollars until they get their wasted super league money back.

They need a kick in the pills.

Here's what I liked from the forum...

1. Sterling: was bang on the mark with making the game more entertaining = 6m rule to promote ball movement.

2. Bevis: Beyond the stupid 100 min idea, the concept of breaking the game into quarters to lengthen and provide more opportunities for revenue is something worthy of exploring

3. Fitzsimons: Expansion - we must grow bigger to survive. We can't rely on the Sydney "suburban engine" to carry the game alone anymore. We need to get bigger.

4. Manly jerk: Hand over full control of the game to the NRL, they decide who plays and where.

smeghead

Bench
One think I thought watching Gould is that 9 played it smart by not having him on live in such a forum. He always has to dominate any debate he is in and his ranting and raving and red herring throwing would have done nothing but dilute any debate. By providing a clear statement of thought his ideas were put out in a concise manner without any of the Gus bullsh*t that normally accompanies it.

I did however want to wretch at the panelists playing the $BW is a great guy line. He made his bed now he can lay in it. Do not label this fraud as a catalyst for change. The Gasnier incident was the precursor to tonights debate and the $BW debarcle actually detracted from the cruxt of the debate from my POV.

Apey

Staff member
don't have much of comment on the footy talk that hasn't already been said, but it was good to see the Whitlams on :D

woo blow up the pokies!

bartman

Immortal
next week will be the biggest of the year - exclusive with SBW
Ah, you're kidding me...

No wonder they were so soft on the dog at the start of the show!!! SBW's still part of the in crowd!!

This will be another Weidler organised nuffy interview I bet, just like his joke of an exclusive with Nasser. :roll:

Frailty

First Grade
I feel sorry for Gallop... I really do... Whatever he does, there will always be people lynching him... as Voss said, I wouldn't want his job... However, he gets paid the money to make the big decisions but I agree we don't need to rush into anything, but we do need to moving.

Thank god Gould wasn't there. His little speel before was typical crap, and the fact he mentions the Telegraph and not his little Herald paper is stupid - BOTH PAPERS RUBBISH THE GAME! SO why mention one Beesting head!

As for the 'Sonny' Exclusive.... Well he is only going to the footy show because they are totally in love with him and won't put his actions in his face. To be honest, I would love to see Mark Geyer or Wok talk to him... But it won't happen. I would prefer Sonny to shut up and just stay away from the game.

mik01

Juniors
I feel sorry for Gallop... I really do... Whatever he does, there will always be people lynching him... as Voss said, I wouldn't want his job... However, he gets paid the money to make the big decisions but I agree we don't need to rush into anything, but we do need to moving.

Thank god Gould wasn't there. His little speel before was typical crap, and the fact he mentions the Telegraph and not his little Herald paper is stupid - BOTH PAPERS RUBBISH THE GAME! SO why mention one Beesting head!

As for the 'Sonny' Exclusive.... Well he is only going to the footy show because they are totally in love with him and won't put his actions in his face. To be honest, I would love to see Mark Geyer or Wok talk to him... But it won't happen. I would prefer Sonny to shut up and just stay away from the game.

geyer's still stoned from his playing days. and I thought his eyes were like that from the footy...
explains a lot!

BWNB

First Grade

Thats right, can't make everyone happy. . .
I don't understand why they don't preview all of the games over the weekend.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
gallop is part of the organisation driving the game into the ground to suit News Ltd's agenda and you feel sorry for him?

Knight87

Juniors
Gould was ok, but it did lose a little of its affect as it was on radio.

Oh ok. Fair enough. But, the other feud I also wanted to mention was the Mark Geyer/Danny Weidler one on the Sunday Roast. How did you rate that one (as it was on tv)?

mik01

Juniors
gallop is part of the organisation driving the game into the ground to suit News Ltd's agenda and you feel sorry for him?

yeah - a former news ltd lawyer and now running the game, still with news ltd masters.

call me cynical but - did anyone say puppet?