What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's official, they've chronically rooted the 2009 NSW jersey :(

9.jpg

Garts

Bench
That is crap. But still better than 97, at least I think it was 97. The one with the 2 different blues and stripes or hoops around it. That was a sh!t jumper.

Timmah

Staff member
Could be much worse, could be a Maroon jersey :sarcasm:

Nuke

Staff member
Not going by the jumper design released. Same everything as this year's, but minus the CoRL badge and '100 Years Of Interstate Rivalry' version of the State Of Origin badge.

There's pics in the Interstate section of this forum.

I think it's OK, but have to wait to see it in the flesh.

One thing that annoys me is that i wish they'd have the NSWRL badge on it's own without the sponsorship directly under it.

Timmah

Staff member
To be fair, Harvey Norman inject a lot of cash into the game... they can have their logo wherever they want if they're giving our grassroots the money they need...

Timmah

Staff member
Coincidentally, it's a fan of a defunct club (at NRL level) complaining.

LESStar58

Referee
Storm's new apparel partner is Kooga. The same mob that makes the Knights jersey. It was in the new membership pamphlet. Can't see the home strip changing but maybe we'll get a new away strip....?

Red Bear

Referee
LOL @ people worried about where the advertising is on the jerseys
Some people arent the biggest fans of being walking billboards whilst wishing to show that they support there team

The sponsorship on the Kangaroos jersey is a disgrace, was really hoping that jersey front would remain sacred.

Anyway i wont be buying the new NSW jersey. Got the centenary one this year, its a whole lot f**ken better jersey than the one there and is made out of the good material (altho i believe they still make the NSW jerseys out of the old style cotton knit material for sale to the general public?)

Nuke

Staff member
There were 3 varieties of NSW jerseys available for the 2008 season: The Centenary one (plain sky blue jersey with white collar and white kangaroo NSW logo ... no dark blue on the whole thing as far as I can remember), and two versions of the other jersey. One was the same material as the ones the players wore, and the other was the same design, but in the traditional (and more popular with the fans I believe) cotton material.