What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
:roll: Get your ruler out why don't you?

Yet another brag sheet. Can't you just be happy that most teams have a massive increase in membership instead of "our ticketed membership is bigger than yours". F**king pissing contest.

And surprise its souffs fans AGAIN

big country

Juniors
They mentioned we were ahead of Souths in less than half the time at the AGM, but I think they wanted to keep quiet until we broke 10,000.

Anything less would have been poor considering we just missed out a couple of years ago.

who's bragging again?? bit slow this morning are we??

fortae

Bench
Just to be factual ...

Souths also include a 5 game membership for regional members ($160) as ticketed membership ... and get $300 max per 14 game membership.

Saints get $240 max for 6 games and $430 max for 12 games. Saints have many more levels due to seating differences etc

On the next equivalent level ... GA tickets are $210 (14 games) and $150 max.

So interesting pricing structures ...

Edit: big country, I was explaining something to Godz Illa who if I remember correctly missed the AGM.

Last edited:

big country

Juniors
fortae apart from these other 2 who are suffering from some sort of inferiority complex, can you tell me how many 12 game ticket holders saints have.....your email had a tinge of bragging rights involved in it but somehow (due to illiteracy on the part of others) I got accused of it

fortae

Bench
fortae apart from these other 2 who are suffering from some sort of inferiority complex, can you tell me how many 12 game ticket holders saints have.....your email had a tinge of bragging rights involved in it but somehow (due to illiteracy on the part of others) I got accused of it

I can see where they are coming from but it doesn't bother me all that much. Souths fans should be proud. But you could also put it in context like I have (in terms of dollars) or you can also say ... Souths should be near the top considering their history.

No I can't tell you right now (nor would I if I knew) but neither can you break down all the categories involved ... without doing that it'll be a superficial analysis.

You can also look at playing at one stadium as a positive for 12 (or 14) game memberships and two stadiums as a positive for 6 games ... how many Kogarah 6 ticket memberships would automatically go to 12? It's very complicated.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly right. My gf has a 6 match membership to the Dragons for Kogarah - living up near Newcastle, it's next to impossible to get to Wollongong in time for a game after work.

babyg

Juniors

Yet another brag sheet. Can't you just be happy that most teams have a massive increase in membership instead of "our ticketed membership is bigger than yours". F**king pissing contest.

This pissing contest might just be the saviour of rugby league. If it makes people want to go out and buy a membership than great.

This is excellent news. Keep up the good work NRL.

big country

Juniors
This pissing contest might just be the saviour of rugby league. If it makes people want to go out and buy a membership than great.

This is excellent news. Keep up the good work NRL.

agreed, unfortunately some people get their little iddy bitty feelings hurt by it - if they do i say f**k them!!

MsStorm

Bench
6 game memberships - of course they should be counted. Ticketed membership is the key phrase we're looking at - and you can bet your ass all AFL teams count lesser membership packages in adding up their figures.

Don't get me wrong on this one...was just surprised that 6 game memberships were included....

I think its a good idea and probably should have stated that in my post.
More of those kinds of memberships would boost club numbers and you can bet your bottom dollar, afl memberships have something similar. Some people even buy memberships for their cats and dogs...something I read in the Herald Sun.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Why do you continually trot out this line because a Souths supporter is talking up their membership numbers?

What next, are you going to call it a pissing contest because people are comparing where they are on the competition table or how many of their players get selected for rep teams? Why compare anything at all.

Of course it is great that more clubs are increasing their membership base, and they should all be commended for that. To compare what kind of memberships are included by each club is a legitimate question because there is no standard.

That said, selling a 3 game membership is better than selling none, so it is not a pissing contest, it is just a question of looking at the composition of the membership base.

big country

Juniors
dont worry about him Ziggy - he's got his bee in his bonnet about not having as many members as us, about losing 2 points, about losing sponsorhip at the 11th hour - nice things happen to nice people

Timmah

Staff member
Why do you continually trot out this line because a Souths supporter is talking up their membership numbers?

What next, are you going to call it a pissing contest because people are comparing where they are on the competition table or how many of their players get selected for rep teams? Why compare anything at all.

Of course it is great that more clubs are increasing their membership base, and they should all be commended for that. To compare what kind of memberships are included by each club is a legitimate question because there is no standard.

That said, selling a 3 game membership is better than selling none, so it is not a pissing contest, it is just a question of looking at the composition of the membership base.

I'm not the one entering into the pissing contest. A couple of times big country tried discrediting other clubs member figures by claiming they didn't include only ticketed members, despite not actually knowing the facts. Fair enough for him to say "Souths now have 8,400 ticketed members and 14,000 total - whatever those figures are, they're sensational and I hope they continue to increase. But that's not how he came into it. He came in saying "oh, our figure includes only ticketed members, bet yours doesn't"... why is that sort of rubbish necessary?

In fact, if you go back through this thread you'll see numerous congrats from me for Souths as they reached milestones.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The way I see it, is that you get used to just renewing your membership each year. That is my experience anyway.

Thus, as long as the clubs get people to sign up for the first time, then not only may they simply renew the following year, but may even upgrade if they start out with say a 3 game pass.

Everything counts, and I would expect that the majority of hardcore supporters from all clubs on LU should take out some form of membership if they can afford it.

All the clubs need it, so get behind your club.

Timmah

Staff member
The poll in this thread is very promising to that statement.

big country

Juniors
I'm not the one entering into the pissing contest. A couple of times big country tried discrediting other clubs member figures by claiming they didn't include only ticketed members, despite not actually knowing the facts. Fair enough for him to say "Souths now have 8,400 ticketed members and 14,000 total - whatever those figures are, they're sensational and I hope they continue to increase. But that's not how he came into it. He came in saying "oh, our figure includes only ticketed members, bet yours doesn't"... why is that sort of rubbish necessary?

In fact, if you go back through this thread you'll see numerous congrats from me for Souths as they reached milestones.

yeah sure, anything you say Mr Membership :D

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
10 Jun 2009

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have surpassed the 15,000 Member mile stone today, a remarkable achievement for the Foundation Club and the game of Rugby League.

Local residents Liberty and Atticus Corbett of Coogee signed up for Rabbitohs Junior Memberships today at the Rabbitohs Membership Office, making them the 15,000th and 15,001st Members of the Club this year.

The Rabbitohs have the highest Membership in the National Rugby League. The total Member number also includes 8,625 Ticketed Members to date, the highest of the Sydney-based NRL Clubs.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said the Rabbitohs Members understand the importance of Membership, not only for the long term prosperity of the Club, but for Rugby League as well.

“To reach the 15,000 Member mark is a credit to our Members, simple as that,” Mr Richardson said.

“It shows they understand the importance of becoming a Member of your Club, the importance of supporting your Club in the best way you can, and the passion of being part of what the Club is trying to achieve.

“We include and inform our Members first about all of the important things going on at South Sydney because the Members are an important stakeholder in the direction and the future of the Club.

“We have worked hard to lead the NRL in terms of Membership, and we will continue to work hard to attract our 16,000th, 17,000th, and our 20,000th Members in the near future.”

Mr Richardson says Membership is the key for Rugby League Clubs to survive, and thrive, in difficult financial times.

“Our philosophy over the past four years has been to build our Membership. It’s been the backbone of everything we have been doing both on and off the field,” Mr Richardson said.

“Having 15,000-plus Members demonstrate their allegiance to the Club, which is an outstanding result, is an essential contribution to make sure our Football Club can stand on its own two feet without the assistance of a licensed club each year.

“We aim to reward our Members with things such as the Return to Redfern Members Only trial match at the start of this year, the best seats in the house at our home games, and the reciprocal rights deals we strike with other ANZ Stadium tenants means our Ticketed Members received 14 games as part of their package this year. We also have our Members Only MemberZone on our website, and Members Only events and communications such as our Women’s Footy Forum coming up soon and our Members Appreciation Day held at Redfern Oval a couple of weeks back. All of this makes it great value to become a Member of the Rabbitohs.

“We have Members who have been part of the Club for decades, Members who are new to us this year, big families, groups of mates, Members from all over Sydney, all over NSW, Australia and overseas. The South Sydney Football Club has widespread appeal.

“Our Stadium Partners at ANZ Stadium have been fantastic in their help with our Membership drive and we’re looking forward to working with them to create the best experience for our Members at our home games.

“We are the number one Club in the NRL, and we hope our Members are as proud as we are.”

Fact Sheet

• Rabbitohs Total Members – 15,001 (Number one in the NRL)
  • Rabbitohs Ticketed Members – 8,625 (Number one of Sydney Clubs in the NRL)
  • Growth in Total Members since 2006 – 60%
  • Growth in Ticketed Members since 2006 – 162%
  • Growth in Membership revenue since 2006 – 300%
  • Members in every state of Australia, including 300 Members in WA for next week’s game against the Storm in Perth.
  • 200 international Members from 22 countries
  • Female Members make up 40% of the Rabbitohs Membership
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Surpass-15000-Members-Today.html

yobbo84

Coach
10 Jun 2009

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have surpassed the 15,000 Member mile stone today, a remarkable achievement for the Foundation Club and the game of Rugby League.

Local residents Liberty and Atticus Corbett of Coogee signed up for Rabbitohs Junior Memberships today at the Rabbitohs Membership Office, making them the 15,000th and 15,001st Members of the Club this year.

The Rabbitohs have the highest Membership in the National Rugby League. The total Member number also includes 8,625 Ticketed Members to date, the highest of the Sydney-based NRL Clubs.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said the Rabbitohs Members understand the importance of Membership, not only for the long term prosperity of the Club, but for Rugby League as well.

“To reach the 15,000 Member mark is a credit to our Members, simple as that,” Mr Richardson said.

“It shows they understand the importance of becoming a Member of your Club, the importance of supporting your Club in the best way you can, and the passion of being part of what the Club is trying to achieve.

“We include and inform our Members first about all of the important things going on at South Sydney because the Members are an important stakeholder in the direction and the future of the Club.

“We have worked hard to lead the NRL in terms of Membership, and we will continue to work hard to attract our 16,000th, 17,000th, and our 20,000th Members in the near future.”

Mr Richardson says Membership is the key for Rugby League Clubs to survive, and thrive, in difficult financial times.

“Our philosophy over the past four years has been to build our Membership. It’s been the backbone of everything we have been doing both on and off the field,” Mr Richardson said.

“Having 15,000-plus Members demonstrate their allegiance to the Club, which is an outstanding result, is an essential contribution to make sure our Football Club can stand on its own two feet without the assistance of a licensed club each year.

“We aim to reward our Members with things such as the Return to Redfern Members Only trial match at the start of this year, the best seats in the house at our home games, and the reciprocal rights deals we strike with other ANZ Stadium tenants means our Ticketed Members received 14 games as part of their package this year. We also have our Members Only MemberZone on our website, and Members Only events and communications such as our Women’s Footy Forum coming up soon and our Members Appreciation Day held at Redfern Oval a couple of weeks back. All of this makes it great value to become a Member of the Rabbitohs.

“We have Members who have been part of the Club for decades, Members who are new to us this year, big families, groups of mates, Members from all over Sydney, all over NSW, Australia and overseas. The South Sydney Football Club has widespread appeal.

“Our Stadium Partners at ANZ Stadium have been fantastic in their help with our Membership drive and we’re looking forward to working with them to create the best experience for our Members at our home games.

“We are the number one Club in the NRL, and we hope our Members are as proud as we are.”

Fact Sheet

• Rabbitohs Total Members – 15,001 (Number one in the NRL)
  • Rabbitohs Ticketed Members – 8,625 (Number one of Sydney Clubs in the NRL)
  • Growth in Total Members since 2006 – 60%
  • Growth in Ticketed Members since 2006 – 162%
  • Growth in Membership revenue since 2006 – 300%
  • Members in every state of Australia, including 300 Members in WA for next week’s game against the Storm in Perth.
  • 200 international Members from 22 countries
  • Female Members make up 40% of the Rabbitohs Membership
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Surpass-15000-Members-Today.htmlhttp://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/Rabbitohs-Surpass-15000-Members-Today.html

"Growth in Membership revenue since 2006 – 300%" - That's the key. Well done to my fellow 15,000 members!!!

Latest posts