What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsStorm

Bench
wow

rabbitohs arent far off 15,000

amazing work by them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see and I hope they win this week, which should bring in more members.

Also well done to the Doggies too.

Keep asking about the Cowboys and Broncos nos.....help, someone pls.:D

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs - 6182

In the Daily Telegraph today....

Members flock to game in record numbers
IT has taken 101 years and a total of 11,432 games but fans are more involved in rugby league this year than ever before.
For the first time in the game's history, the number of NRL club members has burst through the 100,000 barrier.
South Sydney and Brisbane head a list of nine clubs that have recorded increases in membership this season.
The surge comes as the NRL continues its intensive advertising campaign calling on fans to become members.
Premiers Manly have recorded a 44 per cent increase in membership from last year, while wooden spooners the Bulldogs have increased membership by a whopping 48 per cent.
The Dogs now have more than 6100 members.
"This on the back of a really tough 2008 season and difficult economic times," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said last night.
"We have almost doubled our membership, and that is a fantastic sign for the club.
"We are now in an area where we have more new members than old members.
"And by the end of this season, we hope to have 7000 members."
Cronulla, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra, Canberra and the New Zealand Warriors have also had a rise in membership.
"Membership numbers across the game more than doubled since 2006, and that reflects the investment the NRL and the clubs have made in membership and the benefits it offers for fans," NRL chief executive David Gallop told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.
"Club membership provides an even more affordable way to attend Telstra premiership matches and is the best way for fans to become part of their club."

MsStorm

Bench
Bulldogs - 6182

In the Daily Telegraph today....

Members flock to game in record numbers
IT has taken 101 years and a total of 11,432 games but fans are more involved in rugby league this year than ever before.
For the first time in the game's history, the number of NRL club members has burst through the 100,000 barrier.
South Sydney and Brisbane head a list of nine clubs that have recorded increases in membership this season.
The surge comes as the NRL continues its intensive advertising campaign calling on fans to become members.
Premiers Manly have recorded a 44 per cent increase in membership from last year, while wooden spooners the Bulldogs have increased membership by a whopping 48 per cent.
The Dogs now have more than 6100 members.
"This on the back of a really tough 2008 season and difficult economic times," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said last night.
"We have almost doubled our membership, and that is a fantastic sign for the club.
"We are now in an area where we have more new members than old members.
"And by the end of this season, we hope to have 7000 members."
Cronulla, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra, Canberra and the New Zealand Warriors have also had a rise in membership.
"Membership numbers across the game more than doubled since 2006, and that reflects the investment the NRL and the clubs have made in membership and the benefits it offers for fans," NRL chief executive David Gallop told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.
"Club membership provides an even more affordable way to attend Telstra premiership matches and is the best way for fans to become part of their club."

So happy to read the above. This is just the begining and from now on the NRL and the clubs really have to keep pushing this concept till we come close to afl nos.

dimitri

First Grade
The Bulldogs' new website doesnt have a member counter anymore???

But Im pretty sure they would have passed 6200 now!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nothing is being updated on the old site anymore, the counter will be placed on the new site in the coming days.

fortae

Bench
RECORD RED V MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS
Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The St George Illawarra Dragons last week created history registering over 10,200 Red V Members!

This capped off an exciting week for the Club following a sell-out crowd at WIN Jubilee Oval and a convincing 25-12 victory over the Broncos in Brisbane.

The Dragons have the most ticketed Members of all Sydney based NRL Clubs and we sincerely thank you all for your support of our Club and becoming a part of our team.

“Red V Membership is important for both the business and the players,” said Dragons Head Coach Wayne Bennett. “The Dragons Red V Membership program is a great concept with great value for money.

“It is great that so many of our supporters are prepared to join and become official Members of our Club and I have enjoyed meeting many of the Red V Members at the exclusive Red V activities,” added Bennett.

Dragons Captain Ben Hornby echoed the sentiments of his Coach and expressed his desire to see the Dragons have the most Club Members.

“Red V Membership is important not only financially for the Club but so too for the players,” said Dragons Captain Ben Hornby. “The interest, support and especially atmosphere at games are something the players definitely appreciate.

“We are renowned for having great support and it would be great to have the most official Members of any NRL Club with numbers to rival the AFL Clubs in Melbourne,” added Hornby.

If you are not already a Red V Member and would like to join our team, you can join or find out further information about the Red V Membership program, packages and benefits click here or by contacting the Dragons office on 02 9587-1966 or 02 4225 8299.

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15421

Godz Illa

Coach
hehe was just about to post that fortae. Great stuff Saints (and about time they let us know the figures)

fortae

Bench
hehe was just about to post that fortae. Great stuff Saints (and about time they let us know the figures)

They mentioned we were ahead of Souths in less than half the time at the AGM, but I think they wanted to keep quiet until we broke 10,000.

Anything less would have been poor considering we just missed out a couple of years ago.

Wonderful news, although I would be very interested to find out what the split is. I.e. how many are 12 game memberships and how many are 6 game memberships for each home ground.

RedVee

First Grade
They mentioned we were ahead of Souths in less than half the time at the AGM, but I think they wanted to keep quiet until we broke 10,000.

Anything less would have been poor considering we just missed out a couple of years ago.

Thats great.

I was looking for this thread to post news into as well!

MsStorm

Bench
Wonderful news, although I would be very interested to find out what the split is. I.e. how many are 12 game memberships and how many are 6 game memberships for each home ground.

6 game memberships are counted as full memberships?....that's news to me.

Maybe all clubs should introduce a 6 game membership package then membership nos. could almost double.

Timmah

Staff member
6 game memberships - of course they should be counted. Ticketed membership is the key phrase we're looking at - and you can bet your ass all AFL teams count lesser membership packages in adding up their figures.

big country

Juniors
6 game memberships are counted as full memberships?....that's news to me.

Maybe all clubs should introduce a 6 game membership package then membership nos. could almost double.

even selling 10,200 six game tickets is a very good effort but yes, I doubt if the number of 12 game ticket holders would number anywhere near Souths' 8400

Timmah

Staff member
:roll: Get your ruler out why don't you?

Yet another brag sheet. Can't you just be happy that most teams have a massive increase in membership instead of "our ticketed membership is bigger than yours". F**king pissing contest.