What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

flippikat

Bench
Here's the Warriors heritage strips for 2010...

Attachments

• Warriors Fan - Jeanne_1.jpg
    Warriors Fan - Jeanne_1.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Warriors Fan - Pani_1.jpg
    Warriors Fan - Pani_1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 60

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see some better res versions. I like the grey one, but they've rooted the 1995 edition...

flippikat

Bench
Good to see some better res versions. I like the grey one, but they've rooted the 1995 edition...

My thoughts exactly.

Funny too, when you think that the original 1995 design was made by Canterbury.. and now they've pooped all over it, by using their stock-standard template to screw it up!

The sooner the Warriors sign with a decent jersey-maker, the better.

LESStar58

Referee
LMEL10-Jers-Hm-500.jpg

OKAY.... now that I've actually seen it in the flesh I've come around on the new Storm jersey. The gold bits do help draw away from the spew green sponsors logo.

Nuke

Staff member
Perhaps it's more commemerative than heritage? I don't know.

However I do know that -as others have already pointed out- that the 1995 design has been shat on at a great height by that stupid crooked-collar thing. I've hated that collar thing since I first saw it a few years ago on some union jersey. It's ugly and serves no purpose other than infuriating many a League fan ... and maybe union fan too (again, I don't know).

MsStorm

Bench
LMEL10-Jers-Hm-500.jpg

OKAY.... now that I've actually seen it in the flesh I've come around on the new Storm jersey. The gold bits do help draw away from the spew green sponsors logo.

In that above photo the green looks almost gold, which is what I would have preferred. It's growing on me now so will probably buy one...or buy the away jersey.

flippikat

Bench
Perhaps it's more commemerative than heritage? I don't know.

However I do know that -as others have already pointed out- that the 1995 design has been shat on at a great height by that stupid crooked-collar thing. I've hated that collar thing since I first saw it a few years ago on some union jersey. It's ugly and serves no purpose other than infuriating many a League fan ... and maybe union fan too (again, I don't know).

Another things is, if you want to buy the 1995 jersey (a DECENT 1995 jersey), it's available as a retro jersey - the real thing with DB Bitter logo and all!

What they SHOULD have done is made a replica of the 1995 away jersey:
http://static.stuff.co.nz/1251688074/116/2819116.jpg

It's damn hard to find, and I'd certainly buy one.

Away from the Warriors.. I've said before that there are some decent "away" jerseys that need to come back - either as Heritage strips, or as part of the retro jersey range that they sell in stores.

One old away jersey that I'm rather fond of is the Penrith early-90s away-strip. Sure, it's just a reversal of the home strip, but damn it looks good! It probably could be used today as an away strip with the current colours in it.

Attachments

• 2819116.jpg
    2819116.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2008memorabilia002.jpg
    2008memorabilia002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 13

flippikat

Bench
i've got one.... :whistle

Lucky! I used to have a 1995 original "home" jersey when I was a kid..

Funny story, but I got one so early-on that it had a blue NSWRL badge on it - never mind the fact that the Warriors never played in a strip with the NSWRL badge on it. (I guess the merchandising guys were a little TOO keen to get product out before the club's launch!)

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh there was a very early Reds shirt with a NSW badge on it as well but they had the ARL badge on their first playing shirt.

LESStar58

Referee

Funny story, but I got one so early-on that it had a blue NSWRL badge on it - never mind the fact that the Warriors never played in a strip with the NSWRL badge on it. (I guess the merchandising guys were a little TOO keen to get product out before the club's launch!)

There were a lot of those going around.... was the same with all the 1995 expansion teams.

Kind of like up here on the Gold Coast, there are still people here wearing Gold Coast Dolphins merchandise!

nqcowboy87

Bench
that melbourne jersey needs less purple and more navy blue, as i understand it the jersey was meant to be a navy blue with two lighting bolts two represent the v for victoria and they added dashes of purple and gold to make it more appealing (correct me if im wrong) and i dont think they ever intended a home jersey to be mostly purple

nqcowboy87

Bench
Kind of like up here on the Gold Coast, there are still people here wearing Gold Coast Dolphins merchandise!

seriosuly, if thats true im gonna have to monitor ebay and wait for some dolphins gear to show up

another question is when did clubs start making their jerseys in synthetic material, was it superleague, i was in rebel and they had a warriors 95 jersey with full badging and db bitter logo in a synthetic material. i also remeber that st george's jerseys up till 2005 where still non-synthetic

Latest posts