What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

adamkungl

Immortal
PR the crowds on the Gold Coast and up in Nth Qld have to be of concern to the NRL.

Yes you are right about the Cowboys and their poor form probably having an influence. But even taking that in to account I expect bigger crowds then what they are getting.

but but QLD is gods gift to Rugby League! MOAR QLD TEAMS NOW

applesauce

Bench
but but QLD is gods gift to Rugby League! MOAR QLD TEAMS NOW

I am not going to argue this point, never have, but in defence of the crowd have you seen the Titans ticket prices?

$50+ for an adult on halfway and $35+ for a child. Add to that the public transport, some chips and coke and you have $100+ for a father/son to attend a footy match. Their memberships are a couple of hundred more than the Broncos for equivalent seating.

Next year the Suns will have tickets and memberships for less than half the Titans and they have a massive car park being built next to their new bouquet stadium saving the hassle of buses or trains.

Everyone is saying 2nd Brisbane/Ipswich. Maybe the Titans need to hold their own over the next few years first.

adamkungl

Immortal
I am not going to argue this point, never have, but in defence of the crowd have you seen the Titans ticket prices?

$50+ for an adult on halfway and $35+ for a child. Add to that the public transport, some chips and coke and you have $100+ for a father/son to attend a footy match. Their memberships are a couple of hundred more than the Broncos for equivalent seating.

Next year the Suns will have tickets and memberships for less than half the Titans and they have a massive car park being built next to their new bouquet stadium saving the hassle of buses or trains.

Everyone is saying 2nd Brisbane/Ipswich. Maybe the Titans need to hold their own over the next few years first.

Yup, Titans prices are extortionate. I 100% agree that the Titans need more time before another SE QLD side is introduced. Leave the area alone until the next round of expansion.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Doggies are a absolute disgrace of a team,no wonder why this average Parra team always smashes them,they are hopeless

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The Sharkies might be a bad team but at least they have heart and have a dig unlike the Doggies,cats of the highest order

adamkungl

Immortal
How is that relevant to crowds you muppet. Dogs crowds > Parra crowds. Someone move this tards posts to his tard thread.

Billythekid

First Grade
How much more time would the titans need? By 2013 they will have had 6 seasons most of which have been successful so far as well (and looking likely in the future as well).

Michael Searle has talked up a storm and talked down the AFL's efforts and yet look where the titans are. Their crowds are dropping in the face of continued success.

It's going to be embarrasing if the new AFL team comes straight in and has higher crowds.

The titans should easily be averaging over 20K and securing there fan base for the future. Instead their stupidity re prices is stopping fans from coming to the game and is stopping them from securing their fan base.

No doubt when the AFL come along they will have cheap prices (and kids pretty much free) as they understand how important it is to build your fan base especially when their young.

I wish the titans would get their act together.

Edit:
This season has been a f**king stinker for crowds.
What can change.

You f*cking say this crap every week. We could end up breaking both the aggregrate and average crowd records. This is despite the knights being held back by their stadium and the storms crowds being crippled by the salary cap issues. We do have some issues to face but as a whole we are moving forward.

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
No, its been pretty much the same as usual. There's been a few more big crowds, and a few small ones, and a whole lot of average ones.
Well true but i say alot of teams will get 2 big crowds then 3 ok crowds and the rest is made up of small ones and below average ones and that won't do esp when empty seats on tv makes the sport come over to the casual viewer as not being popular alongside the talk of grounds being upgraded yet crowds are poor.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Not to mention the Titans have been one of the most winning teams in the NRL over the past few years

Can you imagine the shocking crowds when this club actually goes through a lean patch? it will embarrasing

Titans won't exsist in 10 years time,there a joke

fourplay

Juniors

Yeah I just checked and Titan's prices are $152 for a family(2 adults 2 juniors) to go to the footy... and $55 for a single ticket in a good seat.

ANZ is $40 an adult plus $20 for parking. I think they are pricing themselves out. ANZ is not all that attractive to fans either.

Last edited:
The Titans have never captured the passion of the followers of NRL on the GC and their inability to market this team will lead to a slow death IMO.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Category Adult Concession Junior (12 yrs & under)
Family
(1 adt + 1 jnr)
Family
(2 adt + 2 jnrs) Titanium $55 $46 $32 $76 $152 Gold $42 $35 $25 $58 $116 Steel $29 $21 $17 $40 $80 Legion (unreserved) $29 $21 $17 $40 $80

Wow.. $152 for a family to go to the footy... $110 for a couple.

ANZ is $40 an adult plus $20 for parking.

ANZ might be cheap but there are only 10000 for the game tonight.

Latest posts