What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

gronkathon

First Grade
What it actually proves is that success and an exciting style can revitalise a fan base in Canberra which has long suffered from limited media exposure and poor scheduling. It doesn't hurt that Tigers fans travel in their droves much in the manner of Saints fans either.

Add to that the generally higher attendance to week two of the finals and I fail to see your point. Every club will have fairweather fans in the finals. It is a good thing and can expose new people to the code

ouwet

Bench
Which just proves that Canberra fans are mostly fairweather and bandwagon supporters.

Yeah and your point? Every club has fairweather and bandwagon supporters, Even St Merge Illawarra:lol:. Look at Parramatta last year.

Although the St Merge bandwagon will probably come out in the Prelims (You know at a proper stadium, where people will sit in comfort). We all know they didn't come out at Kogarah on sunday:lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I just hope that they have a MASSIVE 2011 Membership push down there this week and at the game. They ended up with around 6000 Members this year. They can easily push the 10000 mark with huge promotion this week.

Rocket

Juniors
Yep every club has fairweather fans, but having lived here for 15 years Canberra is notorious for it. Knowing quite a few people involved with the club itself, they make the same comment.

The Raiders are a bloody good team and it has been a real privilege to watch them week in week out reinvigorate their season. They deserve to win the premiership as much as any other team.

I'm just annoyed that the fickle Canberra public don't give them the respect and support they deserve until they are nearly there.

TheDalek079

Bench
Panthers and Roosters....two of the worst supported clubs in Sydney. 10k Easts fans, 5k Penrith fans. thats 15k. Where are we going to find another 20k of fans?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Panthers and Roosters....two of the worst supported clubs in Sydney. 10k Easts fans, 5k Penrith fans. thats 15k. Where are we going to find another 20k of fans?

I would be very surprised if its under 20K.

25K sounds about right to me, any less would be pretty disapointing effort by both sets of fans.

Just got my tickets pax number 13444 and 13445 if that means anything in the crowd count

Last edited:
The suburban ground v the mega stadium issue is a tough one. I love those pics of a packed Kogarah and Leichardt...I think they offer something that the other codes can't. On the other hand, is the reduction in bums-on-seats worth it?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:lol::lol: I swear to God i counted 18,500.:lol:
Which god? Is he on TV?

Tsk tsk ouwet, you don't know how to gauge crowds at the ground, and you let the TV do your thinking for you? This from someone who said everyone who watched it on TV agrees with the 15.5K. Get that folks... EVERYONE. :lol:

Why don't you just say everyone in the whole universe? It's sure to support your argument moreso.

Alas, you're just showing that you don't go to the football enough. You need to get out more young fella... get down to the game, use your eyes, look around. Feel what it's like to be a real part of live rugby league... rather than taking cheap shots at those who actually take the time to get out and support the game.

(KW)

Juniors
Raiders v Tigers, sold 26,500 tickets, can only get a ticket by purchasing a 2011 membership at the same time. So effectively, the game is SOLD OUT.

franklin2323

Immortal
On last weeks crowds. Who here would take their children out at 8.45 to watch a game?? Look at the tv ratings Penrith/Canberra had it's too late for footy I wasn't home till 11 and I live around the corner.

Do we know if the NRL restricted the crowd at Kogarah??? At CUA 20k was the max.

Even if not there was no Manly fans there and also Kogarah is a bastard to get to unless you live nearby

beave

Coach
Raiders v Tigers, sold 26,500 tickets, can only get a ticket by purchasing a 2011 membership at the same time. So effectively, the game is SOLD OUT.

that's not a bad idea though (this is not a shot at you raiders fans, just the fair weathered variety) if you wanna get on the bandwagon this week then you have to be prepared to 'enlist' for next year as well. I like it. Might wake a few people up down there to get out and support their team at the games next year.

Last edited:

The crowd figure posted at the game should not be accepted until it can be verified by a Saints fan conducting an informal head count.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i can't wait for the saints fans to claim they're responsible for over half of the crowd this week in canberra too.