What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch II

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
62,000 according to Vossy on TFS. This is slightly below the same time of the week leading into Parramatta v Canterbury, which I think was at about 64k at this stage.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
62,000 according to Vossy on TFS. This is slightly below the same time of the week leading into Parramatta v Canterbury, which I think was at about 64k at this stage.
Yes, but Dogs vs Eels was on the Friday night, so:

1) There is one extra day of ticket sales for this game

2) Walk-up attendance is likely to be higher for this game as it on Saturday night, whereas last year not as many would have come straight from work on Friday night after a long week if they hadn't already purchased tickets, as the risk of missing out due to sell-out and having to trek all the way back home would have been quite large.

So I guess roughly the same crowd figure as last year (74.5k) is about where this game should be at, as a minimum?

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Yes, but Dogs vs Eels was on the Friday night, so:

1) There is one extra day of ticket sales for this game

2) Walk-up attendance is likely to be higher for this game as it on Saturday night, whereas last year not as many would have come straight from work on Friday night after a long week if they hadn't already purchased tickets, as the risk of missing out due to sell-out and having to trek all the way back home would have been quite large.

So I guess roughly the same crowd figure as last year (74.5k) is about where this game should be at, as a minimum?
There'll be more

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Quite possibly ... but 62k @ 5:30pm or so suggests that it definitely won't sell out at 83,500. In fact, the Grand Final last year only had 82.5k .. either 1,000 people didn't turn up, or it wasn't sold out?

Chook Norris

First Grade
I don't think the media-build up was as good for this one as the Dogs game

btw does anyone know what the walk-up crowd was for last year? (total attendance - presold)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Quite possibly ... but 62k @ 5:30pm or so suggests that it definitely won't sell out at 83,500. In fact, the Grand Final last year only had 82.5k .. either 1,000 people didn't turn up, or it wasn't sold out?

it was never gonna sell out.. and the GF last year did sell out

Serc

First Grade
41,000 gone for Titans v Roosters

Got a ticket at 4pm (Thurs) with a PAX in low 38k so I guess that may sound about right given that figure is 4 hours later. Would've posted it at the time except the forum was down from at least 4 to 5pm! :fist:

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee

Of course it sold out. Most of our Grand Finals do sell-out with the exception of Melb v Brisbane which was 3k below capacity.

I don't think I've seen any event attract 83.5 at ANZ Stadium since it's had that capacity. Crowds are always posted in the 82's for sell-outs even less.

fanatique

Juniors
Roosters were extremely lucky to even have a crowd average of just over 16k,they were helped immensely by opposition supporters

Round 16 against the Warriors in NZ = 20721

20720 were Warriors fans and 1 Roosters fans

Round 19 against the Bulldogs = 19,121

19000 were Bulldogs supporters,121 Roosters fans

Round 22 against the Dragons = 37,994

37500 were Dragons fans and 494 were Roosters fans

Roosters = Disgrace

You'd think no other team has away fans at games. Fact is the Roosters are in the final four having averaged above the NSW average at home. Excellent year on the park nd in the stands. Well don roos!!

Tom Ace

Bench
Roosters vs Cowboys = 6,478

Eels vs Cowboys = 11,177

Roosters vs Sharks = 7,934

Eels vs Sharks = 13,058

Roosters a top 8 team,Eels never ever in the hunt this season

Roosters = Disgrace

bandwagon.jpg

Must get noisy as all hell on that thing pal.

dragonfag still waffling on about our crowds? This merkin goes to one Roosters game in his life and is an expert. Two of those games were monday night - one against the worst team in the premiership - and the other was against the Sharks who are equally sh*t. Also IIRC it was the game against the Titans when half of the city was closed, the guy sitting behind me turned up at halftime due to the road closures.

We outnumbered Dogs, Souffs, Wests in the regular season, matched Saints, had 20,000 of our own against Penriff and filled our designated bays against Wests in the finals. Be out of here twig.

Latest posts