What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
Tigers crowd was bad but they always do well so can excused for one game. I think the bigger disappointment was the Dragons crowd.

Just over 15k to the first game at Kogarah for the year, your team is on top and versing a sydney rival, that is a piss poor crowd.

Spot on. 15k for 2 of the big Sydney teams in Sydney is pathetic no matter what kind of spin anyone tries to put on it.

Teddyboy

First Grade
God why are we fighting among ourselves when we should be fighting with the real enemys of Soccer,AFL and Union (even through i don't mind it).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's the way RL and it's following base has gone in the last ten years, just cannibalises itself... :(

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
C-Town crowd was poor, but Campbelltown isn't the best venue for Friday Night games, the game would've been better off at LO (which is where it was originally scheduled to be played). I think that's our second sub-15k crowd (home or away) for the year, and probably our first sub-17k home crowd for the year.

Yeah, story in today's Tele says as much...shame theres another Fri nighter there in July against the Tits.
Meanwhile, Sunday arvo at LO v Canberra in 3 weeks should be a ripper!

The crowd at Campbelltown was definitely not 10k as announced, it was closer to 6k. There were probably 2k Warriors fans out there as well. One thing to bear in mind is that the game was supposed to be played at Leichhardt but due to on-going renovations it was moved pretty late in the piece. I can assure you that there would have been more than 10k at Leichhardt, probably 15-18k.

Timmah

Staff member
FWIW, the news reports I saw indicated the behind-the-posts area at both ends was pretty full, it was the seating bays on the opposite side of the field from the camera that were empty.

fourplay

Juniors
Campbelltown is an area with a lot of young families. They get big crowds for afternoon footy. Last year when they played Newcastle half the crowd were kids. The rain probably stopped a lot of people from buying tickets too.

Chook Norris

First Grade
FWIW, the news reports I saw indicated the behind-the-posts area at both ends was pretty full, it was the seating bays on the opposite side of the field from the camera that were empty.

your news report seems off.. posts on the left of the camera were basically empty. The other side was decent i s'pose being 60% full.

pirie

Juniors

the eastern grandstand is all reserved now thats why it was empty people arnt going to dish out another 10$ to sit there so they just go sit on the hill

dragondad

First Grade
I have to say,where were all the Parra fans last night?Struggled to even find away?Very poor turn out for an all Sydney clash but the other Sydney side.

Western_Eel

Juniors
we were expecting pretty bad weather i guess, same for tonight and tomorrow, so i wouldn't expect any good crowds all weekend!

Timmah

Staff member
F**k me, Parra fans "expecting bad weather"?

The forecast was fine for last night, it's not hard to look it up ffs - it was a beautiful night it Kogarah.

It's really hard to swallow those Parra-brownnosing reports in the Telecrap during last years finals where Parra fans were being "locked out" and now they can't even bring more than a handful of fans to one of the best grounds in the game...

babyg

Juniors
Empty grandstand with full hills indicates tickets are too expensive.

and they shouldn't put a friday night footy game on in the same town that an Origin has just been played in. People aren't going to back up. There should been a qld game on last night.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra Dragons have 2 supporter bases and are still epic fails:lol:

Wests + Balmain
Illawarra + St George

:lol::lol:Epic fails

Status
Not open for further replies.