What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyg

Juniors
Just over 10,000 there tonight. (don't have the exact number..)

TBH it looked like a 7,000 type crowd but its only the second time I have been there so its a bit hard to read. Well done to the Roosters supporters who made the trip, always good to have a vocal away crowd at a game. Not sure what happened near the end of the game though... think I saw a few wild punches thrown.. hope it was nothing serious.

Oh and well done to all the Melbourne fans who keep on turning out. MNF is never really a popular timeslot in Melbourne. Queens Birthday probably added 2,000.

Gee that Melbourne stadium looks good. Looks like you get a bit of atmosphere there too. I find suncorp a bit sterile.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a nice size, not too big to lose a 10-15K crowd but big enough to get a great atmosphere with it sold out.

jc155776

Coach
Big crowd for the Sharks this week hopefully.

Local Derby vs top of the ladder team and the Sharks coming off their most exciting victory in years.

A lot of the seating is nearly sold out. Need a full GA area though.

yakstorm

First Grade
So final crowds for the Round:

Gold Coast - 17,508
Townsville - 12,058
Newcastle - 10,535
Brisbane - 30,311
Storm - 10,449

Average: 16,172
Rolling Average: 16,591

Comparing back to 2009:
Round 14 Average: 13,916 (+16.22%)
Rnd 14 Rolling Average: 16,212 (+2.34%)

Gee that Melbourne stadium looks good. Looks like you get a bit of atmosphere there too. I find suncorp a bit sterile.

Atmosphere? Suncorp trumps that melbourne one. obviously the crowd noise does not come across enough on tv. tho i fail to see why.

ofcourse your judgement is way off. my reasonable attempt an excuse which is hardly our fault need not even come up against your off perceptions.

sorry but I find your comment laughable

babyg

Juniors
Atmosphere? Suncorp trumps that melbourne one. obviously the crowd noise does not come across enough on tv. tho i fail to see why.

ofcourse your judgement is way off. my reasonable attempt an excuse which is hardly our fault need not even come up against your off perceptions.

sorry but I find your comment laughable

WTF. seats are closer to the sideline and it looks steeper so the high seats are closer to the action. when I get to the Melbourne stadium I'll decide for myself.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Looking like rain for Sunday in Sydney...hope not as it would diminish what should be great crowds for Leichhardt and Toyota

Billythekid

First Grade
Looking like rain for Sunday in Sydney...hope not as it would diminish what should be great crowds for Leichhardt and Toyota

Which highlights the problem with playing in a ground like Leichhardt, particular around this time of year. In the rain it is a terrible ground to watch footy at and you can guarantee that the crowd will drop significatnly if it rains.

Add this to the fact that we are playing in a time of year where rain is common and heavy and you have a recipe for poor crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess if we ever get a fixed schedule it will make it easier to schedule Sunday afternoon games at beginning or end of the season at these antiquated grounds.

Serc

First Grade
The 'rain' on Sunday looks at this stage to be more of the 'couple of showers throughout the day' variety (which is ok for footy) as opposed to the sorts of rain Sydney has had in recent weeks.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Looks pretty rainy here in QLD today, plenty of time to clear up though. Not that it would make a difference to crowd anyhow.

WTF. seats are closer to the sideline and it looks steeper so the high seats are closer to the action. when I get to the Melbourne stadium I'll decide for myself.

but dont buy tickets at the back row then, start saving now. you'll need an extra 20 bucks....

I'm a bit of a stadium hound, mate, been to a lot of stadia....if you think suncorp is worse than melbourne then you are on something.

melbourne is a great stadium, sure, but lets be honest, its not as good as suncorp.

Last edited:

m0nty

Juniors
Which highlights the problem with playing in a ground like Leichhardt, particular around this time of year. In the rain it is a terrible ground to watch footy at and you can guarantee that the crowd will drop significatnly if it rains.

Add this to the fact that we are playing in a time of year where rain is common and heavy and you have a recipe for poor crowds.
It's winter ffs. Perhaps the NRL should switch to summer to increase crowds? But then the excuse would be about how people want to go to the beach instead when it's sunny. You can't win with Sydney crowds, they're as fickle as Matt Preston.

Sydney fans need to HTFU and support their team through rain, hail or shine.

Serc

First Grade

Hey Timmah...just so you know, WZ is a good resource, just don't touch the last 2 days on their 7 day forecasts (ie: day 6 and 7) as I think its raw model output which can chop and change each day. It now says 'possible shower' there for Sunday rather than the much worse 'showers', which at this stage still looks to be the most likely outcome :)

Did like the Shark Park joke though...always seems to rain there!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was the third last day on their forecast, and I obtained it this morning, two hours before you've said possible showers... :?

hellteam

First Grade
Doesn't it rain on average more in summer though?

http://www.enviro-friendly.com/sydney-rainfall.shtml

sydney-rainfall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts