What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thats bullsh*t how the Bulldogs get half added to there crowd averages,there were about 10 Bulldogs fans there.

FU Bulldogs you plodders.

Bulldogs bay was sold out. So take your story walking. Just jealous your club can't maximise the dollars as the Bulldogs do.

Perth Red

Post Whore
bit of a joke the whole shared crowd thing. Out of interest how do the Bulldogs make any money out of it? Given the Brisbane game would have got 25-30K that's only 12-15K extra that attended for the 2nd game (majority Titans fans I would imagine) so how is more financially beneficial for the Dogs than playing at ANZ in front of 20K?

If clubs want to take home games elsewhere the NRL should be offering some financial incentives to take them to places that benefit the future of the game imo.

Chook Norris

First Grade
bit of a joke the whole shared crowd thing. Out of interest how do the Bulldogs make any money out of it? Given the Brisbane game would have got 25-30K that's only 12-15K extra that attended for the 2nd game (majority Titans fans I would imagine) so how is more financially beneficial for the Dogs than playing at ANZ in front of 20K?

If clubs want to take home games elsewhere the NRL should be offering some financial incentives to take them to places that benefit the future of the game imo.

I agree with everything that's been said, but no way in the world the Dogs would've gotten anything close to 20k

Brutus

Referee
48,000 for the Aus v Eng yawnion test tonight and plenty of freebies given away.

What happened to Wallaby sell-outs?

applesauce

Bench

I think Suncorp Stadium give the Bulldogs some funds like ANZ do, could be wrong though. It lets the Bulldogs play infront of a big crowd (practice for when they make the finals again ;-)) and gives Brisbane RL fans an alternative to seeing the Broncos playing at Suncorp.

The year the Bulldogs and Broncos are back towards the top of the ladder I think there will be less doubters. I do agree about playing these kind of games in areas that will benefit the game long term. But I think the concept has it's place and is a good thing. It helps strengthen SEQ as another RL heartland and that's all that matters. :D

IMO it should happen in Sydney more often and if the CC come into the comp maybe at Gosford too, with Newcastle up the road.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Strange crowd figures for tonights games

Manly v Souths 11,661
Mleb v Nth Qld 10,661

Strange because there were more than that at the Storm game and looked to be much less than that at the Manly game. Lets face it it wouldn't be the first time Sydney crowd numbers have been inflated, it happens pretty much every week regardless of how many people around here would like to think it doesn't. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Either way if they did actually only get that many at Manly for a game between 2 Sydney sides in the top 8 is nothing short of pathetic. Nobody can blame the usual piss poor excuse of rain for it either because it was a great day today and not a drop fell. Good luck for anyone trying to defend the paltry crowd because in every way it's indefensible.

Not only do Manly fans not travel over the bridge to see their team play, they can't even be bothered travelling to see them in their own suburb against another Sydney team in the top 8. Obviously the Steyne was far more appealing :sarcasm:

That Manly-Souths crowd is a shocker. Just can't understand why more would not attend such an appetising match?

Where are the 50,000 that marched twice in Sydney's streets to save the Rabbitohs??

Red Bear

Referee
sh*thouse crowd for Manly.

I think good crowds in Melbourne are simply a bonus from here on, although the style of football Melbourne is playing could get them some new fans which is always positive. But really with nothing to play for it's not the same drawcard, their time to build is next season.

Hopefully big crowds, weather is glorious in Wollongong, not a cloud in the sky, so i'd imagine it's similar in Sydney (well hopefully for the games sake anyway).

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Watching the pre-game show from Cronulla. Crowd seems to be building very nicely, commentators said Sharks are expecting 18,000. I can see ALOT of Red and White in the crowd, if not more than Blue and White.

Chook Norris

First Grade
esp terrible crowd for manly v souths, i didn't watch the game but i automatically assumed that there'd be at least 14-15k there

Red Bear

Referee
Looks absolutely packed at Leichhardt. No better sight in Rugby League than Leichhardt packed to the rafters on a sunny sunday afternoon. Scenic surrounds and a sh*tload of people is a great combo!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Great day for footy, I dare say we'd have some record breaking averages already this season had we had more days like this earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts