What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc155776

Coach
Yet later in the year we have the Tigers vs Sharks game shafted to a Saturday night.

Would be another cracker Leichardt crowd otherwise. But it isn't a place you want to be when cold/wet at night.

hutch

First Grade
Lets face it it wouldn't be the first time Sydney crowd numbers have been inflated, it happens pretty much every week regardless of how many people around here would like to think it doesn't. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

any proof that it happens 'every' week in sydney?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
good crowds today

how will the average be calculated? [double header situation]
As far as I understood for official figures it doesn't count to either teams home average, or at least it didn't last year.

Red Bear

Referee
I realise these pics get posted all the time after a sunday game but
102240446.jpg

102240311.jpg

These kind of images/watching yesterdays game on tv reminds me why I love rugby league.

Serc

First Grade
Big call there - that would be the lowest ever crowd in history for the Knights!(outside of 1997)

I hear from someone at the ground that it was 8400 something...but will wait for the official number to pop up somewhere.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Big call there - that would be the lowest ever crowd in history for the Knights!(outside of 1997)

I hear from someone at the ground that it was 8400 something...but will wait for the official number to pop up somewhere.
8474 to be precise :)

LINK

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I would be very disappointed if Penrith v Manly doesn't have 18k+ no excuse fine weather all week 2 v 5 on the the later 2 sydney clubs

TheDalek079

Bench
I realise these pics get posted all the time after a sunday game but
102240446.jpg

102240311.jpg

These kind of images/watching yesterdays game on tv reminds me why I love rugby league.

those kinda photos only get posted after a sunday game at campbelltown or liechhardt....tigs fans tend to get to sell-out those games

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
sh*thouse crowd for Manly.

I think good crowds in Melbourne are simply a bonus from here on, although the style of football Melbourne is playing could get them some new fans which is always positive. But really with nothing to play for it's not the same drawcard, their time to build is next season.

The crowds we have drawn this season are still far higher than we drew last season, despite everything that has happened. Night games in Melbourne aren't ideal though, especially when there are 2 within a week & then suddenly none for another month. Great planning NRL! :roll:

I'm hoping Storm can finish the season with a 15000 average. That is VERY attainable! :cool:

JF

yakstorm

First Grade
What happend to the big 20000 crowds for the Knight's.

Mixture of things:
- The loss of the Western Grandstand saw a lot of diehard members not renew for the past few seasons... hopefully they'll be back next year.
- Poor team performances
- The Brian Smith factor... It resulted in a lot of fans becoming disgruntled with the club, unfortunately they haven't been won back yet.
- Scandals like the whole Wicks thing, just haven't added to it.

Throw in a Monday Night game (never good for the Knights), and pouring rain, and its not surprise the crowd they got.

Serc

First Grade
8474 to be precise :)

LINK

That makes it the 2nd lowest crowd of all time for matches outside of 1997 (by 170 odd people)

What happend to the big 20000 crowds for the Knight's.

Construction work around the stadium (new western grandstand) has limited the capacity to somewhere between 20 and 22k...including a big reduction in our best seats for the moment as well...and our terrible home record this season (before last night it was 1 from 6 games) has made things not so exciting for the fans. Oh and one last thing, the fans have seen that for many of our matches, the passion for the jersey and effort in defence just hasn't been there.

We're actually pretty lucky we had Parra last night, as they are one or our higher drawing crowds.

Edit: While I think the Brian Smith/player cleanout factor is something fair to mention, I think it is a minor factor. I'd say the fans would prefer a winning team as opposed to one at the bottom of the ladder!

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Disappointing that the Dragons game will likely only get 16-17k. Given both sides form it could have been a big draw at the SFS or ANZ, maybe push 30K in theory

chrisc101

Juniors
Disappointing that the Dragons game will likely only get 16-17k. Given both sides form it could have been a big draw at the SFS or ANZ, maybe push 30K in theory

Don't get me started on this one! Dragons have made some of the dumbest decisions in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.