What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wain

Juniors
just bought 4 tix for game in adelaide tomorrow night
PAX number 7919.

id say we'd get a crowd of 10,000.
fair result consideringthe storm factor.
last year we had teams 15 vs 16 (sharks v cowboys) thought this year for sure would be different, but unfortunately not.

side note - disappointed at vossy's comments last night regarding adelaide.
Im realistic, i know we arent in position for a team here now, but its pretty dumb to completely ignore the 5th largest city in australia. especially with the new defence super base being built...thousands of ADF from all over australia...adds some bums on seats.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If your pax was 7919 I'd be expecting a crowd of close to 14 or 15k.

I believe anything in excess of 14k would probably be seen as a blow to the Perth bid, if Adelaide can get a bigger crowd...

dgsfan

Juniors
Oh wow. What a shocking looking crowd at the SFS. 2 Sydney teams in the top 8. Where are all those Souths members?

dgsfan

Juniors
To be fair, though it is fairly neck and neck between the Roosters and Sharks for the most unpopular Sydney team. Souths, though? Don't they have 18,000? members?

Timmah

Staff member
Oh wow. What a shocking looking crowd at the SFS. 2 Sydney teams in the top 8. Where are all those Souths members?
Good to see you've scrubbed up on your league knowledge.

FYI Mr AFL Troll, it's a Roosters home game at SFS.

Spark Plug

Juniors

Mate, i live in bondi junction and it has rained pretty heavily throughout the afternoon. not for a couple of hours now, but a lot of people would have decided not to go cos it has been pi**ing down today.

dgsfan

Juniors
Oh jesus Timmah. I'm no AFL troll. Just pointing out a disappointing crowd in Sydney. All over the news today they were harping on about the massive rivalry between these two foundation clubs. Isn't the SFS near Souths territory? Dogs v Parra at the SFS would get a massive crowd if they were both in the 8 at this stage of the comp. Souths are a Sydney side. They're playing tonight at the Sydney Football Stadium. Where are all their fans? Roosters fans I understand not turning up. Well they did turn up, it's just they don't have many fans.

Billythekid

First Grade
Two Sydney clubs in good form should really draw 20K+ in a stadium of this size. Souths claim to be the most supported club in Sydney and they are currently having a great year. Well, where the hell are they?

Edit:eek:k im an idiot i thought it was a souths home game :/.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
Dogs are the highest drawing Sydney team so far this year and we're going sh*t. South, I'm afraid, are not the mot popular team in Sydney.

Timmah

Staff member
As someone else mentioned, rain.

Rabs was sayin before there were a few inches of water in parts of the field. Fact: keeps people away.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Souths v Easts is live against the gate is it not? I think that is what has kept people away. Note that the general admission bays are fuller than the members areas...

wain

Juniors
If your pax was 7919 I'd be expecting a crowd of close to 14 or 15k.

I believe anything in excess of 14k would probably be seen as a blow to the Perth bid, if Adelaide can get a bigger crowd...

wow, that would be an impressive number.

to be fair, charging $35 in perth is steep.

if its a blow for the perth bid - what would it be for the sydney teams who dont get 15,000?

dgsfan

Juniors
Yeah, it has an affect. Last Friday is was raining in Brisbane. Brought the crowd down to 30,000. It's just more noticeable in Sydney because crowds are low to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts