What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
haha didnt the crowd fire up towards Slater and then especially Thaiday, loved it

VictoryFC

Bench
predictions

31k, 45k, 24k, 36k, 78k, 25k, 47k.

oh sh*t!

wrong comp!

AFL fans must be going insane wondering how their amazing code gets such great crowds but is virtually non-existant outside of 3 states. :lol:

At least RL is showing potential. You need to be international to succeed in the 21st century. Good luck with that

AFL fans must be going insane wondering how their amazing code gets such great crowds but is virtually non-existant outside of 3 states. :lol:

At least RL is showing potential. You need to be international to succeed in the 21st century. Good luck with that

i hate afl

ive never written a pro afl post ever and never will

this was more of a "meh" and "dammit" post

IllawarraGiant

Juniors

Sorry VictoryFC , I dont usually get involved in this attendance bullsh*t, but you do realise what stupid comment that is dont you? They could easily say
"RL fans must be going insane wondering how their amazing code gets such sh*t crowds and is virtually non-existant outside of 2 states. :lol: "

Were not in a position to throw stones on that score: why not concentrate on our strengths for gods sake?

Teddyboy

First Grade
I wish Sydney never had a 80000 ANZ stadium but instead it should have it's own 53000 Lang Park.

brad_19

Juniors
^^ I don't... the atmosphere on GF day with 80k in amazing. Last year, the sea of Parra fans/flags and the noise they made when FuiFui scored 'that' try left me in awe. Similar to the year before when Menzies scored in the decider. I know the atmosphere is probably pretty bland the rest of the year (the only matches I've been to are the past 3 GF's so I can't really judge) but for GF day alone, I reckon the 80k is justified!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: "We don't want an 80k stadium"

Spoken like a true Queenslander.

Evenflow

Bench
You need to be international to succeed in the 21st century.

That hasn't seemed to help the A League much at all. Simply existing doesn't necessarily mean succeeding, just as expanding doesn't mean it either. Let's just wait and see if the new Sydney and Melbourne clubs not to mention Gold Coast and Nth QLD clubs are around in 5 years time to see if they'll be a success or not. I'd be willing to bet plenty that at least one and likely more won't be.

Soccer might be the self professed "world game" but it's that very international popularity that you claim is needed to succeed in this country that's the very reason why the A-League has been and always will be the little brother in regards to where it sits in the pecking order of the big competitions the NRL, AFL and even Onion. Out of the 4 competitions, if one of them were to fold i don't think there's any doubt it'll be the A-League and that's even with the international popularity is enjoys. I'm sure soccer fans will disagree with that but it's hard to make a strong argument to say they'd survive before the other comps.

We might lose some players to the UK to play league but the best of the best stay here which means we'll always have a very strong comp and will always have a strong supporter base. The reason why you think AFL won't succeed (because it's not international) Is exactly the reason it will always thrive in this country even with the major interest only in 3 states, they won't lose any players overseas so they too will always have the best of the best to keep their comp strong. Can the A-league say the same? of course not because the vast majority of the best players who can cut it overseas will follow the money overseas (rightly so) which will continue to make it just a mediocre league.

Serc

First Grade
Should play more games at the SFS if you want to a) take advantage of the purpose built rectangular stadium and b) the smaller capacity of it compared to ANZ :) seems to be quite the forgotten stadium these days! Though of course the Rabbits and Roosters are playing there tonight, just the sort of local rivalry that should play there.

TheDalek079

Bench
Souffs should try and get a deal and play at the SFS instead of ANZ. It's closer to their supporter base, and the capacity is ample for what they draw

chrisc101

Juniors
Souffs should try and get a deal and play at the SFS instead of ANZ. It's closer to their supporter base, and the capacity is ample for what they draw

Not going to happen, still have 7 years to run on their contract. SGC Trust made their own bed on this one.

All Sydney clubs should have to choose a Sydney derby which is played at either SFS/SCG/ANZ. Marketed as match of the day Sunday afternoon (fixture locked in at the start of the season), 9 times a year. Easy..

bazza

Immortal
Not going to happen, still have 7 years to run on their contract. SGC Trust made their own bed on this one.

All Sydney clubs should have to choose a Sydney derby which is played at either SFS/SCG/ANZ. Marketed as match of the day Sunday afternoon (fixture locked in at the start of the season), 9 times a year. Easy..

That is a good idea.
It is sort of all ready done with Souths, Roosters, Dogs, Parra and Tigers playing games there (and Saints when they have Anzac day at home). Just need to get Manly, Penrith and Cronulla to pick a game

How about:

Cronulla v Souths @ SFS
Penrith v Tigers @ Homebush
Manly v Dogs @ SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts