What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Has the broadcast side always been on 'that' side? my memory can't trace back 6 or seven years ago

As far as i can recall it has.

I agree with Victory fan in a way, it would look a lot better if the crowd was shown.

Years ago in England, a Union fundamentalist writing in a news paper accused the RFL of doing this to have a cheap shot at the code, yet the crowd stats put his BS in its place.

Brutus

Referee
Just because 80000 is just to big to watch ants play in my view and when you see a packed Lang Park (from my tv set of course) that sort of ground is perfect for a grand final,SOO,Union and Soccer international's and 20000 at Lang is better then 20000 at ANZ taken the Bulldogs crowds as an example.

So all rectangular sports should be played at 50k venues and no more?

You'd made a great accountant.

Brutus

Referee
It's really the camera angles. You don't see a lot of the crowd at the back of the bays, and the broadcast side (which you don't see) is packed, plus the top tiers usually have plenty of corporates.

The top tier on the broadcast side was 3/4 full. A good turn-out for that part of the ground.

The 18.5k crowd announced was definitely on the money.

Shame the game didn't attract 25k plus though, but it was a sh*tty day weather-wise in the eastern suburbs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn't remember Adelaide was under construction still. Looks pretty full though.

10k maybe?

Flapper

First Grade
Another 20% increase in crowds in Adelaide in the last 3 games.

I still maintain if based in the right area an Adelaide team can succeed.

Flapper

First Grade
There was a time back in the 90's when they pulled over 20,000 fans to games played in Adelaide.

For me 10,000 is not a good crowd.

Look at the two crowds previous to this one and look at it in the context it deserves to be looked in

Status
Not open for further replies.