What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondad

First Grade
It sure is a beautiful day in Sydney, lots of Saints and Dogs jersey being worn to uni today. I'm hopeful now of 40+. how good would it be if this was at SFS, cracking atmosphere where it'd be packed to capacity.

user_nat

Coach
if Suncorp doesn't sell out what would have been the chances that the sydney crowd would be bigger???

Only ever got 1 crowd over 45k against the Titans. Which was 48k in 2007 (a GC home game at Suncorp V Brisbane also got 47k that year). So it would be pretty amazing if this one sold out.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Its a good fight to have, whether who gets the bigger crowd. Me and a lot of mates are going tonight. Stacks of Titans fans in Brisbane.

But i reckon the Suncorp crowd will be 37k, ANZ 30k.

Of course, one stadium will be atmospheric and the other wont.

Chook Norris

First Grade
It sure is a beautiful day in Sydney, lots of Saints and Dogs jersey being worn to uni today. I'm hopeful now of 40+. how good would it be if this was at SFS, cracking atmosphere where it'd be packed to capacity.

if it was at the SFS though, crowd would be probably smaller

dragondad

First Grade
Probably true, due to the location of ANZ, and the fact that
more ppl would buy tickets as there are more seats and less a chance of a sell out and missing out. However, if the same crowd occurred at SFS as there is at ANZ tonight, then i no which ground I'd rather be at.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Took me 30mins in the car just to move 300 metres coming home from work due to the people heading out to the Dragons/Doggies game

CC_Roosters

First Grade

I'm really looking forward to going to the SFS, its building up a great reputation in my mind for a place to watch footy. Chance are ill only be able to go to a finals match this season but if i have the time i will hopefully get to a roosters home match in august aside from the dragons game at the SCG.

Completely unrelated but out of interest which uni do you go to? Thinking of doing a masters in Uni of Syd, what do you think of it?

Im guessing 39k at Suncorp.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
It a sign though, when we get 30,000 and we're disappointed, once upon a time we would be doing handstands for a crowd that size.

The Tank

Bench
It a sign though, when we get 30,000 and we're disappointed, once upon a time we would be doing handstands for a crowd that size.

:) I've been thinking that myself. Our expectations are definately rising which is great. This kind of game may have got around 20k in years gone by.

yakstorm

First Grade
A new Friday Night record with 77,941.

The old record for Friday Night was 77,110 back in 1995 when there was 3 games on Friday. The two game Friday Night record was previously 66,809 for Round 1 this year.

Good crowds all round.

MightyBronco

Juniors
in queensland, fans will never be able to experience an RL game (or sport event) with over 80k in a stadium.

nuff said

So ANZ is good for one game a year. Suncorp is good for a dozen. It was great there tonight. Something about football in May when the weather finally gets a little cool.

Pazza

First Grade
So ANZ is good for one game a year. Suncorp is good for a dozen.

sydney is the only place in AUS that you can experience RL in a stadium packed out with 80k. 104,583 people attended the round 1 double header at stadium australia in 1999, nothing in Queensland could match what has happened in NSW.

Last edited:

MightyBronco

Juniors
sydney is the only place in AUS that you can experience RL in a stadium packed out with 80k. 104,583 people attended the round 1 double header at stadium australia in 1999, nothing in Queensland could match what has happened in NSW.

So?

Its an empty white elephant the rest of the time. Suncorp has a great atmosphere every time you go. The only good thing about ANZ, is its the safest stadium to have a sly root or to smoke a spliff in the empty sections.

I see they are having a 2 for 1 deal for origin. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts