What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
sydney is the only place in AUS that you can experience RL in a stadium packed out with 80k. 104,583 people attended the round 1 double header at stadium australia in 1999, nothing in Queensland could match what has happened in NSW.

well I can think of 4 things that have happened in the last 4 years that can match it, but hey, I wouldn't want to brag................ :cool:

Pazza

First Grade
So?

Its an empty white elephant the rest of the time. Suncorp has a great atmosphere every time you go. The only good thing about it, is its the safest stadium to have a sly root or to smoke a spliff in the empty sections.

I see they are having a 2 for 1 deal for origin. lol

in a city where you only get one game a fornight, you'd hope people show up.

brisbane wont host another league game till the 13th of june!!! how can you call yourself the home of league?? and the best state???

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
well I can think of 4 things that have happened in the last 4 years that can match it, but hey, I wouldn't want to brag................ :cool:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Highest Friday total ever.. and yet I am disappointed by both games.

I probably feel much like you do. This is great but sure I know it could have been better with the amount of support league currently has.

This is good that we do not get TOO impressed with our crowds, because we always want to improve them.

Well done RL!

Pazza

First Grade
i think the turn out for both games were great!!!

while we would all love to see the day where 40k crowds are the norm, we arn't anywhere near that yet. But it would be great to be getting crowds like that 2 games a round and i think that is very possible this season.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i'd expect a terrible crowd in auckland tonight. the weather is nothing short of horrible and is only forecast to get worse.

Goddo

Bench
So?

Its an empty white elephant the rest of the time. Suncorp has a great atmosphere every time you go. The only good thing about ANZ, is its the safest stadium to have a sly root or to smoke a spliff in the empty sections.

I see they are having a 2 for 1 deal for origin. lol

If they put a fully enclosed roof and retractable ends in at ANZ it would be an excellent stadium.

As it is right now, its half @r$ed. I was hoping the FIFA World Cup bid would fix this, but looks unlikely. :(

applesauce

Bench
i'd expect a terrible crowd in auckland tonight. the weather is nothing short of horrible and is only forecast to get worse.

Hey crane whats the go with the Rugby world cup bid?

Is Mt Smart getting an upgrade???

Is there any stadium getting a roof in NZ the Warriors could play out of to stop the weather affecting crowds?

If ever there was a climate that warranted a retractable roof on a stadium it is NZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.