What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Juniors
At least Gosfords not giving us a very high bar to beat! Our turn in a couple of weeks to show Perth wants a team (hopefully!!)

Got my tix last week for the Perth game and was worried that I left it a bit late and may not have got good seats. I got gold pass on halfway with no problem so I hope this isnt an indication of a small crowd. At $47 it was a bit pricey but everything bar behind the posts were that price.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At least Gosfords not giving us a very high bar to beat! Our turn in a couple of weeks to show Perth wants a team (hopefully!!)

Whilst i agree the CC crowds aren't very good it's hard to blame them. If the game had been held at the SFS the roosters wouldof struggled to get more than 7-8K. If it had been played at EAS i doubt you would of seen much more than 13-14K.

Yet the CC have to come out and watch 2 out of form out of town teams in greater numbers than that to prove they deserve a team.

I still think they sould be pulling bigger crowds but i can understand why that might not happen.

In a week or so we find out when the Manly v Tigers game will be played - Round 20 at Bluetongue Stadium. Bookmark this post - that game will be very nearly a sell-out.

adamkungl

Immortal
Whilst i agree the CC crowds aren't very good it's hard to blame them. If the game had been held at the SFS the roosters wouldof struggled to get more than 7-8K. If it had been played at EAS i doubt you would of seen much more than 13-14K.

Yet the CC have to come out and watch 2 out of form out of town teams in greater numbers than that to prove they deserve a team.

I still think they sould be pulling bigger crowds but i can understand why that might not happen.

bingo...I think the bears fans bay had about 18 people in it...

Yeah I agree. A club's form has a lot to do with crowd attendances unfortunately....just look at Parra as an example;-)

Good to see a fair few Storm supporters there as well.

Such as Phil Cooley? :sarcasm:

The Raiders actually had a bit of a promotion and Storm members got free admission.

Timmah

Staff member
30,685 at the SCG, biggest for this fixture in the three years it's been played.

Chook Norris

First Grade
is this the first time ever we've had three 30k+ crowds in a (regular season) round?

great crowd, although i thought it may have been slightly inflated.. whilst the tv side was great, it didn't look all that good on the other side

Timmah

Staff member
Cronulla crowd will be about 11k I imagine. Pisspoor for a Sunday though, given the club has incessantly whinged about a lack of Sunday games.

Brookie should get a decent 15-16k crowd tomorrow night with a bit of luck.

Timmah

Staff member
10,352 at Toyota

Tigers head to Newcastle next week... god knows.

I'll have a stab at R11 while it's on my mind...

Fri: Newie v Tigers @ EAS - 16k
Sat: Parra v Sharks @ Parra - 9k
Sun: NZ v Souths @ Mt Smart - 11k
Sun: Saints v Canberra @ WIN Gong - 13k
Mon: Pennies v Dogs @ CUA - 18k

Timmah

Staff member
Struggling to believe 10.3k at Toyota when there was far more than that at Bluetongue last night and the crowd was given as 10.0k

The Tank

Bench
Newcastle vs Tigers @ EAS - 15k
Parramatta vs Sharks @ Parramatta - 11k
Warriors vs Souths @ Mt Smart - 12k
St George Illawarra vs Canberra @ WIN Stadium - 10k
Penrith v Bulldogs @ Penrith - 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.