What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
bless those 18 people ;) ... otherwise it would've been another crowd of ours under 10k..

jeez, tonight's crowds provide a stark contrast to FNF's and remind us how much work the NRL, as a whole, still has ahead

Call me a cynic but any time i see a crowd of just over 10k i always think the actual crowd is under that and just quote that figure to get them over the 5 figure mark.

*Cue the usual suspects whow were there professing "there were well over 10k you just couldn't see them cos they weren't on the tv side"*

Call me a cynic but any time i see a crowd of just over 10k i always think the actual crowd is under that and just quote that figure to get them over the 5 figure mark.

*Cue the usual suspects whow were there professing "there were well over 10k you just couldn't see them cos they weren't on the tv side"*

Ok, you're a cynic.

This is the only match played at Manuka this year (apart from a pre season cup game which drew 3,000). There was a large number of free tickets given out for the game today.

Really - I'm surprised. I didn't even know the game was on this weekend until I drove past Manuka this afternoon and wondered why there were cars parked everywhere. So I guess my care factor is pretty low on the AFL in Canberra front.

Disapointing crowds today:(

I was completely encouraged by Friday nights crowds.

It shows the nrl is doing better with attendances, but more work needs to be done. We are in an era of 30k+ sydney crowds now, and I would like to point out that larger stadium capacities with modern facilities have brought this on. When coupled with a new habit in going to a particular stadium, crowds are sure to follow. This will only grow in the future.

Stadia like shark park, brookvale, and even Leichhardt oval should be phased out as soon as possible. Other stadia like Kogerah and Parramatta should continue to be upgraded (win stadium too). Maybe Blacktown can be used in the future and kept at 40k. Such things like reducing capacity are not set in stone just now. Its possible for clubs to convince them they can make use of such a capacity.

Perth Red

Post Whore
At least Gosfords not giving us a very high bar to beat! Our turn in a couple of weeks to show Perth wants a team (hopefully!!)

MsStorm

Bench
It was a pretty good crowd considering the icy weather and the fact that Canberra have played very poorly for most of the season so far.

Yeah I agree. A club's form has a lot to do with crowd attendances unfortunately....just look at Parra as an example;-)

Good to see a fair few Storm supporters there as well.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think Timmah said during the week that there will be 15,000 at the Roosters v Knights game. Not sure what happened to that...I thought 10000 would be a more accurate figure. Knights really struggling and Roosters fans struggling to make the SFS let alone the Central Coast.

user_nat

Coach
Not sure what the other 3 games are expected to get, but I can't see us breaking 20k average now. 22k after 5 games though.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Tigers v Souths - 27k
Sharks v Panthers - 14k
Manly v Parra - 15k (would have been a sell out if it was Sunday Afternoon)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
No way the sharks will get 14k

14k is a tad optimistic i will admit. However, they have won their last 2 home games and they managed 13k against Parra in horrendous conditions after 3 straight losses. It is a very nice day in Sydney too.

Billythekid

First Grade
Whilst i agree the CC crowds aren't very good it's hard to blame them. If the game had been held at the SFS the roosters wouldof struggled to get more than 7-8K. If it had been played at EAS i doubt you would of seen much more than 13-14K.

Yet the CC have to come out and watch 2 out of form out of town teams in greater numbers than that to prove they deserve a team.

I still think they sould be pulling bigger crowds but i can understand why that might not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.