What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

beave

Coach
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2009/12/17/101555_cowboys.html

Members so far for 2010 and 2009 numbers (in brackets): Broncos 9,500 (11,983), Cowboys 6,976 (9,097), Rabbitohs 6,908 (8,638), Eels 5,150 (3,704), Bulldogs 4,193 (5,415), Knights 3,927 (4,974), Titans 3,673 (6,205), Warriors 2,863 (6,748), Raiders 2,098 (3,812), Dragons 1965 (8,718), Panthers 1,807 (3,349), Sea Eagles 1,773 (4,044), Tigers 1,686 (4,014), Roosters 1,597 (3,258), Sharks 1,235 (2,078). Figures correct as of December 10. Storm memberships are not on sale yet.

ByRd

First Grade
From memory I think in 2008 the Bulldogs were at 4069
Correct, in 2008 it was just over 4,000. The club has done really well in the last 2 yrs to push memberships and make them affordable.

We are at 6,240 now and only a few hundred off our 2009 total, i think we are a chance at cracking the 10k mark which will be awesome.

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
Dragons are on 3400. They seem to be updating about once a week. It would be nice for it to be updated each day like some other clubs but obviously they are too busy.

dimitri

First Grade
Bulldogs are now at 6321!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im fairly certain they are getting pretty close to their number for last year!!!

Surely 7000 by Xmas isnt out of the question

dimitri

First Grade
Is this season ticket holders only or actual club members (i.e 3 game passes etc?)

Depends which figures you are talking about

The NRL ones are season ticket memberships only, but some clubs eg I think the Bulldogs, are counting all memberships (ie also 1 and 2 match pass memberships)

yakstorm

First Grade
Update from NRL.com:
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ovements-in-membership-challenge/default.aspx

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Warriors have all been the big movers in the second week of the NRL Membership Challenge, each signing up over 900 new ticketed members since last week.

The Bulldogs and Dragons, who were both late starters to the 2010 Membership game, have enjoyed unprecedented demand in the lead up to Christmas, and are not only well placed to beat their 2009 Ticketed Membership totals, but also are well in the hunt for the race to 10,000 between all the NSW clubs.

South Sydney moved into the top two, overtaking the Cowboys, with a steady week of growth, whilst the Knights and Sharks are closing in on their 2009 totals already.

membershipnumbers17122009.jpg

Interested in helping your club? Sign up for a 2010 NRL Club Membership today! Click here to find out more! or call 1300 NRL NRL (1300 675 675)

Note: These figures only include Ticketed Club Membership figures for the sixteen Telstra Premiership clubs. They are not reflective of the total Membership Numbers of the clubs. Ticketed membership figures are correct as of Thursday, December 17.

The next update will be in Mid-January 2010

beave

Coach
and apparently we have pretty 'fair weathered' fans according to Sharko, we had the 2nd highest this year following possibly one of our worst seasons in 14 years (2008)..............

I would have thought a place like Newy would have had higher figures at the moment to be honest. Pretty league mad joint old Newy.

The Tank

Bench
and apparently we have pretty 'fair weathered' fans according to Sharko, we had the 2nd highest this year following possibly one of our worst seasons in 14 years (2008)..............

I would have thought a place like Newy would have had higher figures at the moment to be honest. Pretty league mad joint old Newy.

I wouldn't take much notice mate. Most league supporters know how FNQ loves their footy! Some of the most loyal supporters in the competition.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Wow, I knew the Sharks had it bad but 2000 season ticket holders is rediculous. How do they pay up to the salary cap each year? It's 4 or 5 times less than the teams at the top of the ladder and HALF those of the teams just a few places above them!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Look at Souths go, I think they may actually reach 10K first, good stuff.

I spent a weekend up near Newcastle with a couple of mates a few months ago, they werent so into League or sport in general, but they had the idea of going to this popular pub to have dinner....it was a Saturday night. I said to them that it might be busy because of the footy and they said it shouldnt be too bad. It was effing packed full of footy fans.

Mal Riley said that he has never seen a more League mad town then Newcastle and I have to agree after what I have seen the few times iv been there. Although, iv never been to Townsville specifically, or Brisbane for football reasons, Qld seems pretty strong with their support, but I do feel it could be a hell of alot stronger, they seem more interested in Origin actually.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Actually, if you look at this weeks numbers compared to last week, you'll see that Souths have only added 200 members since last Friday, Parra just 300, while the 'Dogs have had an incredible 900 (closer to 1000 after todays additions) sign on since last Friday's figures.

The next update won't be until mid-January according to the latest article but I think the race is wide open, especially with how affordable ours are.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I just disagreed with an assumption from someone else based on the latest numbers.

I think the biggest mover and a massive dark horse are the Dragons, from 1,965 up to 3,805 in a week... almost 2,000 new members.