What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rabbitohs membership counter should be divided by two because most members are half-human... ;-)

Dogs Of War

Coach
bulldog membership counter should be divided by 2 because tickets are half price:sarcasm:

It's only for the ends of the stadium which aren't that good for viewing, so are priced accordingly. Most of the time you end up watching the big video screens.

Anyway, the Dogs have guaranteed money for crowds, with bonus's for surpassing certain targets. A large supporter base each week will see us reach those targets, and bring the club in even more money.

Why isn't your club doing the same thing?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Actually, if you look at this weeks numbers compared to last week, you'll see that Souths have only added 200 members since last Friday, Parra just 300, while the 'Dogs have had an incredible 900 (closer to 1000 after todays additions) sign on since last Friday's figures.

Seriously, you are the saddest f**k on this site.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
You're the one turning it into a pissing contest and trying to downplay the significance of another club's membership. Put your tail between your legs and rack off back to the Souths forum if you're going to carry on like a twit. You're likely embarrassing fans of your own team tbh.

Timmah

Staff member
Seriously, you are the saddest f**k on this site.

Really?

I wasn't orchestrating a pissing contest, I was pointing out a flaw in someone elses argument.

Eels fan 1 Eyed Tezza or whatever his name was said "Souths are flying" or some such... I beg to differ based on the massive increases from both our club and moreso the Dragons.

Fact, not pissing contest.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Because we don't need to.

Well the Dogs averaged more than your club, even though you had more members. By ramping those season ticket holders up even more, by giving the less fortunate a good buy in price to experience the game, you boost your member numbers, and probably hit the targets that allow your club to gain more money from home fixtures. You guys halve a club which could probably get 20K members before any other, especially if you have a good year on the field like I suspect you will have this year. I will be putting money on Souths finishing top 4, as you guys seem to have all the right pieces in the right places.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was just complimenting Souths on their overall effort. No need to get insecure Timmah. The Dogs are doing well too. Good boys! You deserve a treat.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Really?

I wasn't orchestrating a pissing contest, I was pointing out a flaw in someone elses argument.

Eels fan 1 Eyed Tezza or whatever his name was said "Souths are flying" or some such... I beg to differ based on the massive increases from both our club and moreso the Dragons.

Fact, not pissing contest.

You really seem to be obsessed with the whole membership thing. Someone wanted to give Souths a complement on their membership drive and all you wanted to do is bring them down and talk up the Bulldogs. The fact is all clubs and the NRL are pushing this membership culture.

Souths first pushed memberships when they were kicked out of the comp and had 25,000 members (non-ticketed) when they came back in. Many of those people were Souths sympathists that believed in the cause to get them back in. Slowly over the next few years those numbers dropped when the marketing team took the emphasis away from memberships.

When Crowe and PHaC took over they really pushed for memberships and even more so with ticketed memberships. Last year (2008) was the first time that the NRL really started to promote Club Memberships. Since then all clubs have built on memberships and this is only good for the game. Hopefully in 5 years time all clubs will have over 10,000 Ticketed Members.

Timmah

Staff member
You really seem to be obsessed with the whole membership thing. Someone wanted to give Souths a complement on their membership drive and all you wanted to do is bring them down and talk up the Bulldogs. The fact is all clubs and the NRL are pushing this membership culture.
Initially I wasn't concerned about making it a pissing contest, but it's now worth $50,000 to my club. I'll reserve the right to make it one now,t hanks for your concern.
Souths first pushed memberships when they were kicked out of the comp and had 25,000 members (non-ticketed) when they came back in. Many of those people were Souths sympathists that believed in the cause to get them back in. Slowly over the next few years those numbers dropped when the marketing team took the emphasis away from memberships.
Perhaps they should've gone after support before being kicked out in the first place. If they had decent crowds before the 1999 meltdown, they may very well have never been kicked out.
When Crowe and PHaC took over they really pushed for memberships and even more so with ticketed memberships. Last year (2008) was the first time that the NRL really started to promote Club Memberships. Since then all clubs have built on memberships and this is only good for the game. Hopefully in 5 years time all clubs will have over 10,000 Ticketed Members.
Totally agree and hope that's the case.

_Johnsy

Referee
According to the 2009 Official Rugby League Annual produced by Big League (bottom of page59) the membership numbers in 2009 were as follows.
1. Souths - 15,110
2. Brisbane - 12,281
3. St.George Illawarra - 10,862
4. Melbourne - 9,108
5. North QLD - 9,042
6. Warriors - 6,748
7. Newcastle - 6,746
8. Bulldogs - 6,589
9. Gold Coast - 6,322
10. Roosters - 5,630
11. Parramatta - 5,219
12. Canberra - 4,805
13. Manly - 4,391
14. Cronulla - 4,204
15. West Tigers - 4,014
16. Penrith - 3,349

Article states source as of October 2009 from NRL.

Black Majik

Juniors
According to the 2009 Official Rugby League Annual produced by Big League (bottom of page59) the membership numbers in 2009 were as follows.
1. Souths - 15,110
2. Brisbane - 12,281
4. Melbourne - 9,108
5. North QLD - 9,042
6. Warriors - 6,748
7. Newcastle - 6,746
8. Bulldogs - 6,589
9. Gold Coast - 6,322
10. Roosters - 5,630
11. Parramatta - 5,219
12. Canberra - 4,805
13. Manly - 4,391
14. Cronulla - 4,204
15. West Tigers - 4,014
16. Penrith - 3,349

I wouldn't rely on all those figures!

The Eels and Bulldogs will be the clubs benefiting most from a successful 2009 season.

The Knights and Sharks are also improving.

membershipnumbers17122009.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
1. Souths - 15,110
2. Brisbane - 12,281
4. Melbourne - 9,108
5. North QLD - 9,042
6. Warriors - 6,748
7. Newcastle - 6,746
8. Bulldogs - 6,589
9. Gold Coast - 6,322
10. Roosters - 5,630
11. Parramatta - 5,219
12. Canberra - 4,805
13. Manly - 4,391
14. Cronulla - 4,204
15. West Tigers - 4,014
16. Penrith - 3,349

Hasn't that already been posted a few days ago?
I wouldn't rely on all those figures!

The Eels and Bulldogs will be the clubs benefiting most from a successful 2009 season.

The Knights and Sharks are also improving.

Wouldn't rely on those figures? They are the OFFICIAL total numbers of memberships for all clubs in 2009. :lol:

Jankuloski

Juniors
:lol:
Those figures are for the season that has just passed.
Must be past your bedtime;-)

That also makes no sense, as the NRL posts one info on their website, and then all of a sudden 7k more ppl join the Souths... Either the NRL is lying, or the Big League is using the RU measuring stick...