What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

buster bunny

Juniors
Produced by Big League

Which is the official magazine of the NRL.

Those figures are correct but are for total memberships which includes ticketed and unticketed membership. Thats why there is a difference between the two figures. They were also the memberships of the season that past so in 2009 souths had 15000 members but only 8600 had ticketed membership

Im sure this has been mentioned before.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
That also makes no sense, as the NRL posts one info on their website, and then all of a sudden 7k more ppl join the Souths... Either the NRL is lying, or the Big League is using the RU measuring stick...

The Big League figures are total memberships for 2009, ticketed + non-ticketed.

The nrl.com figures are current ticketed memberships to date for 2010 against ticketed memberships for 2009.

Come on people, its not that complicated.

Black Majik

Juniors
The Big League figures are total memberships for 2009, ticketed + non-ticketed.

The nrl.com figures are current ticketed memberships to date for 2010 against ticketed memberships for 2009.

Come on people, its not that complicated.

so a club offers non-ticket membership and that counts.!?

Forgive me...but I'd prefer to have bums on seats at games. That is a truer indication of how well a team is going.

Like I said...Bulldogs and Eels are examples of this.

ByRd

First Grade
Well what if a fan lives in Qld but wants to support their team, they will get an out of town package, nothing wrong with that and we should be trying to get as many members as possible.

adamkungl

Immortal

Forgive me...but I'd prefer to have bums on seats at games. That is a truer indication of how well a team is going.

Which is why the current nrl.com figures for the race to 10,000 are only counting ticketed ones....ffs :crazy:

Pazza

First Grade

the club still gets money and that is the most important part!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Initially I wasn't concerned about making it a pissing contest, but it's now worth $50,000 to my club. I'll reserve the right to make it one now,t hanks for your concern.

Picking fights that you have no hope of winning does not seem foreign to you. So I'm not surprised.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Really?

I wasn't orchestrating a pissing contest, I was pointing out a flaw in someone elses argument.

Eels fan 1 Eyed Tezza or whatever his name was said "Souths are flying" or some such... I beg to differ based on the massive increases from both our club and moreso the Dragons.

Fact, not pissing contest.

Why aren't Souths flying?

The difference is we were flying last season and clubs like yours were still grounded.

Massive increase because you were sh\t the previous year and are now getting better numbers due to having a decent season this year.

Last edited:

MsStorm

Bench

The afl, as an example, don't worry about ticketed or non-ticketed members/interstate/country...the more, the better for their totals they probably think...so why should we.?

Black Majik

Juniors
Which is why the current nrl.com figures for the race to 10,000 are only counting ticketed ones....ffs :crazy:

Because they should be the ones that count! Not some discounted hat and sticker give away.

The tickets that will put bums on seats and fill football grounds...making the game LOOK supported not FEEL supported...should be the ones that are taken seriously.

Then merchandise, gate/ground takings then some pseudo membership.

adamkungl

Immortal
Because they should be the ones that count! Not some discounted hat and sticker give away.

The tickets that will put bums on seats and fill football grounds...making the game LOOK supported not FEEL supported...should be the ones that are taken seriously.

Then merchandise, gate/ground takings then some pseudo membership.

What is your point?? Should the non-ticketed memberships not be sold at all? Or should there be a ban on ever counting how many have been sold? You're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Black Majik

Juniors
What is your point?? Should the non-ticketed memberships not be sold at all? Or should there be a ban on ever counting how many have been sold? You're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Sell a non-ticket membership. Count it. Do whatever you want to it. Fact is, when a team takes the field, the people that have paid for tickets are the people supporting it at that game. They are purchasing food and drink. They are purchasing the Lions raffle or "first try scorer" tickets. They are watching the local kids play.

Some clubs choose to sell these tickets as a show of commitment to the club. What about the team?

My club offers interstate membership. In that offer you get 2 tickets to a Brisbane, NQ or GC game. You are supporting the team against these 3 clubs. They could easily sell a lower priced membership and only give you a bumper sticker and a hat, but how does that support the team?

Thats my point!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Sell a non-ticket membership. Count it. Do whatever you want to it. Fact is, when a team takes the field, the people that have paid for tickets are the people supporting it at that game. They are purchasing food and drink. They are purchasing the Lions raffle or "first try scorer" tickets. They are watching the local kids play.

Some clubs choose to sell these tickets as a show of commitment to the club. What about the team?

My club offers interstate membership. In that offer you get 2 tickets to a Brisbane, NQ or GC game. You are supporting the team against these 3 clubs. They could easily sell a lower priced membership and only give you a bumper sticker and a hat, but how does that support the team?

Thats my point!

How does a non-ticketed membership support the team? Well Souths charge $100 for a non-ticketed membership. Last year we had around 8500 non-ticketed members, that is $850,000 to the club. You can use your imagination to work out how that money would help the team.

And that is not to mention how much that money also helps the club. And without a club there is no team.

dimitri

First Grade

Thats my point!

At most grounds when you buy fod and drink you are supporting the stadium not the team/club