What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Black Majik

Juniors
How does a non-ticketed membership support the team? Well Souths charge $100 for a non-ticketed membership. Last year we had around 8500 non-ticketed members, that is $850,000 to the club. You can use your imagination to work out how that money would help the team.

And that is not to mention how much that money also helps the club. And without a club there is no team.

I understand the consequence of non-ticketed membership...I just don't understand the mentality of those who take it out.

Dave Q

Coach
Source: Rabbitohs membership email 22 December 2009:-

rabbitohs.com.au

Last edited:

Steel Dragon

Bench
Looks like St George Illawarra supporters are Dragon the chain.
You'd think after the decent year we had that they'd have a few more members.

Storm are nuts not having memberships on sale yet.

Timmah6991

Juniors
All aboard the Eels bandwagon.

bandwagon_553.jpg

big country

Juniors
Looks like St George Illawarra supporters are Dragon the chain.
You'd think after the decent year we had that they'd have a few more members.

Storm are nuts not having memberships on sale yet.

how Storm manage to shoot from nil to 6500 in the space of 2 and a bit months is amazing

Sonic Star

Juniors
I understand the consequence of non-ticketed membership...I just don't understand the mentality of those who take it out.

Are you serious dude?

People who buy non ticketed memberships are usually people who can't make it to games but they still wish to support their club.

You still get a lot out of non ticketed membership. You get all the same perks as a ticketed member instead of the season pass.

They are supporting the club and that's what matters most.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I will tell you why I buy it. Because I want to support the club. Due to work committments I rarely can make it to the games, so I don't see the point in buying a season ticket (I was a season ticket holder for many years). But I still want to support the club, by supporting the club it means that my club can remain strong.

This is the biggest problem League has currently, we all like to support our clubs, but not financially. I have over the past few years, got most of my Dogs supporting mates to buy the cheapest membership (if only for the hat and keyrings), so that they can help the club. I also try and buy all my supporters gear from the club as well, it may cost me $10 extra, but it's well worth it as at least it's going back to the club. Every cent of it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see RL fans embracing membership models. Will pay huge dividends for the game in years to come.

Slackboy72

Coach
Don't forget the Dragons season tickets only went on sale a few weeks ago while most clubs who don't have any uncertainty of their home ground arrangements (like the Dragons and storm) have been on sale since october.

Those 2009 figures are interesting though. And depressing reading.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Its still the offseason - wait til February, then if the numbers still suck then you can think about slitting your wrists

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think most numbers will stay this way until the new year because I think most officers are closed for Christmas now.

alexc

It has been in the news up here that the Broncos are about to kick off a big marketing campaign to get people to sign up as members. Considering they get about 30k per game, they should get more than 11,000 members even when you take into consideration the away team crowd which is significant.

lol heres a video - http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=bronco-tv&vid=3164
just terrible.

Last edited:

Doug2234

First Grade

from reading your posts there is not a lot that you do understand.

giving $$$$ ensures your club remains around for many years to come. Nothing wrong with supporting your club finanically...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why aren't Souths flying?

The difference is we were flying last season and clubs like yours were still grounded.

Massive increase because you were sh\t the previous year and are now getting better numbers due to having a decent season this year.
:lol:
Another Souffs fan who doesn't check facts before mouthing off.

The Bulldogs finished 2008 with about 4000 members. In 2009, we ended up with 6589. That's a 2500 increase FOLLOWING the spoon season, most of the 6589 joining before we became good.

We're now at 6610 before Christmas (which is likely around 5400/5500 ticketed or more), higher than our 2009 total with THREE MONTHS still to go. The Dragons have smashed through 4,000 members within 3 weeks of releasing their packages.

There's no reason EVERY club can't be smashing previous years totals, but I simply wanted to challenge the comment that Souths were flying when other clubs were making greater leaps and bounds in comparison. There's no question Souths' membership drive is among the best though.

You don't understand fans wanting to financially support their club? Memberships will eventually become the biggest revenue stream for each club over the coming decade as the reliance on Leagues Clubs becomes a thing of the past.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Another Souffs fan who doesn't check facts before mouthing off.

The Bulldogs finished 2008 with about 4000 members. In 2009, we ended up with 6589. That's a 2500 increase FOLLOWING the spoon season, most of the 6589 joining before we became good.

We're now at 6610 before Christmas (which is likely around 5400/5500 ticketed or more), higher than our 2009 total with THREE MONTHS still to go. The Dragons have smashed through 4,000 members within 3 weeks of releasing their packages.

There's no reason EVERY club can't be smashing previous years totals, but I simply wanted to challenge the comment that Souths were flying when other clubs were making greater leaps and bounds in comparison. There's no question Souths' membership drive is among the best though.

You don't understand fans wanting to financially support their club? Memberships will eventually become the biggest revenue stream for each club over the coming decade as the reliance on Leagues Clubs becomes a thing of the past.

Facts?

Facts are this is about ticketed memberships

Fact is the Bulldogs couldn't get passed 5500 ticketed members for 2009 when Souths got 8638

Compared to Souths selling tickets this season we are way in front of were we where last year. We didn't get passed 7000 or so until around Feb if memory serves me correct and we are already 7340 sold now.

That's why we are flying we are comparing it our selves as we are the yard stick.

As I said we are flying!

We didn't have to do it half price :lol:
What is the Bulldogs next move to sell tickets? Buy one get one free?

I heard about 1000 season tickets sold for 2010 are Bulldogs fans who have been banned from attending games due to Hooliganism :lol:

Last edited: