What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Hindyscrack

Bench
Amazing how souffs can find 8000 members now but for so many years were struggling with getting 5000 people to a game.

While I dont agree Souths were stuggling to get 5k to a game, do you think the rise in Memberships and Gates has something to do with a proffesional management as opposed to the amatures that were running the joint years ago?

Hindyscrack

Bench
for the Titans adult prices are:
Titanium - $606
Gold - $446
Steel - $275 the corners of the stadium
Legion - $250 behind goal posts

Wow! Thats insane!

My premier league season tickets cost me (in equiv australian dollars $300) for 19 games.

Looking at getting season tickets for the Quins this year for $170 for 15 games.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Maybe it has to do with competition... I dunno how many people just like watching RL and don't care whom they have to pay to get in the SFS to watch the game...

^At least someone will :D

Rainbow

Juniors
for the Titans adult prices are:
Titanium - $606
Gold - $446
Steel - $275 the corners of the stadium
Legion - $250 behind goal posts

This and the cost of the Cowboys tickets makes it clear why their clubs are struggling to sell season tickets.

No Sydney clubs charge that sort of money.

Were the Cowboys that expensive last season? If so, they did very well to get that many sold.

You sir, are a dip sh!t.

St George met all of the criteria unlike the Rabbits (St George were 8th of all 20 clubs from memory), but were extremely worried about the clubs position given Cronulla had just recieved a $11m handout from News for stabbing the ARL in the back.

For St George, merging with Illawarra was a strategic move, to out manuovre Cronulla. Both clubs could see that the NRL wanted only one team in the south (nothing has changed). Cronulla thought the cash would get them over the line, but its all gone now.

Illawarra was in a position similar to Gold Coast... strong NRL areas, but club structures and finances were terrible, so they were happy to be bailed out by St George. It was that, or no team in the gong. I remember when the deal was progressing further along Cronulla realised why St George was doing it and made a half-ars!d bid to merge with Illawarra.

12 years later, it seems to have paid off. By giving Illawarra a loan of I think it was $7m (which is almost payed back now), St George had them by the balls, so in effect it was more of a takeover than a merger.

St George has been around in first grade since 1921, and has existed as a club in lower grades since 1909. They wanted to be a foundation club but were turned down in 1908 for not having enough registered players. Where does 42 years come from? We are almost as old as your merkin club, and we didn't evolve out of a rugby union club either unlike most of the "foundation" clubs.

1921-1998=78 seasons +11 more merged c!ck sucker, and we weren't booted from the comp ever either! Noone marched because it was a strategic move merging. People felt bad about it but it was the right decision. Same thing happened with Balmain and Wests.

Yeah take the 20? how about the 15 we have won, not to mention 11 in a row. And if you take the other tack that we are merged and they don't count, well we have been around for less time than the Cowboys, Warriors and Sharks. How are those trophy cabinets? How many finals series and grandfinals have we been in since our last win in 79? how many have the pathetic rabbits been in since 71? Hell, you were all jumping for joy just because you made the finals in 07! lol!

Those 12k crowds at the end were similar to the ones Norths, Balmain and Wests got before they disapeared or merged. It was the send off aspect, see them for the last time thing, definately not the quality of the pathetic football souths were playing.

W@nker.

Lol @ the criteria.Great to see your club met the bullsh*t criteria

Lambretta

First Grade
Congratulations to Souths and St George for posting such excellent figures with their members numbers.

Let's stop the pissing contest in this thread hey lads. This one is about memberships and good news, not for throwing jibes at each other.

Both clubs have had their fair share of good times and bad times and crowd attendences etc reflect that.

Both draw big numbers when doing well - and from where I stand in the red white and blue, you've got more in common than most ;-)

(maybe that's the underlying reason for the contest in the first place)

_snafu_

Immortal
Congratulations to Souths and St George for posting such excellent figures with their members numbers.

Let's stop the pissing contest in this thread hey lads. This one is about memberships and good news, not for throwing jibes at each other.

Both clubs have had their fair share of good times and bad times and crowd attendences etc reflect that.

Both draw big numbers when doing well - and from where I stand in the red white and blue, you've got more in common than most ;-)

Agreed, as a league fan it I'm happy to see all clubs get greater numbers in terms of ticketed members and bigger turn outs at games.

gregstar

Referee

:lol:
dude, at best you're better by one depending on the time frame.

DINGb@T

Juniors
What happened to the Titans Sand membership? They were about $180 weren't they. At least that's what I remember paying...

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess clubs like NQ don't have Leagues clubs or lots of corporates so rely more on ticket prices for income?

Still seeing a game for around $20-30 a ticket isn't too bad. Only same price as going to the cinema or bowling. Went to a couple of ESL games last year and they were around $50-60 a ticket.

I guess to entice people to become members you would like to see memberships prices alot lower than gate prices to make it worth the fans while.

MTK

Juniors
I guess to entice people to become members you would like to see memberships prices alot lower than gate prices to make it worth the fans while.

It is a bit counter-productive discounting a good or service to people who will pay the full amount. And it is the members who will pay the full amount.

It could be argued that the per-game price for diehard members should actually be more expensive than for the nonchalant public who need to be convinced to actually go to a game.

I realise that the argument does work both ways - we need to create more 'diehard members' so make their tickets cheaper.

Our club has, this year, removed the 10% merchandise discount for members and no longer gives a double pass to a home game with the basic entry-level membership. This really makes a lot of sense. Why discount merchandise to the people who are going to buy it anyway and why give out a free pass to people who are likely to only attend a couple of games each year (which they would happily pay for).

I would argue that rather than giving out these kind of discounts or freebies, it would be better to value add by throwing in low cost extras (which some clubs are doing) such as tours of dressing sheds after games or posters by players (cheap and won't stop people actually buying anything)

Latest posts