What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

innsaneink

Referee
Aren't you a Tigers supporter?
If so, then I think he may well have been having a go at your club also about the number of members.....given Saints aren't the only joint venture in the NRL.

Thanks scoop
Its clear he thought they were goin to win it, now it looks like ur mob will...out come the insults.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dragons will no doubt win the race, Souths will be next across the line and the 'Dogs could crack 10k with another good initiative between now and season's start.

That said, and this isn't a crack at Saints because I'm actually a member of them... they do have two regions to pull from and I'm quite certain the 6-game memberships are all counted as part of those stats. While those 6gamers aren't the majority, they do make up a fair amount of the memberships and that in itself is a massive advantage to have. The home game split is half-half this year too which has possibly been well received, especially at Kogarah, where they'll get all the back-end games of the season which should all be quality contests.

_Johnsy

Referee
Regardless of any comments that have a preamble like "I don't mean any insult" it has to be good for any club to increase memberships. Regardless of any team that a poster may support, any attempt to denigrate their membership numbers is pathetic.

St. Linnane

First Grade
they do have two regions to pull from and I'm quite certain the 6-game memberships are all counted as part of those stats. While those 6gamers aren't the majority, they do make up a fair amount of the memberships and that in itself is a massive advantage to have.

Timmah maybe you should do some research before you open your mouth.

Go and have a look at the Sharks membership pack, they have a flexi 5 game membership; The Tigers, three different arrangements for ticketed membership; Manly have a six game flexi membership or a 2 game birds of prey membership; Roosters have a 5 game membership or a 3 game 'travelling Rooster' membership....

thommo4pm

Coach
Far out, somebody tell these people stating Saints with their membership initiatives ended up with over 8,000 season ticket holders last season.
I'm almost certain at seasons end we had well over 10,000 in ticketed + non-ticketed members.
We had a excellent result last season for ticketed members and on the back of a strong season on the field last year our membership sales have again been strong for this season.
Nothing to do with 6 or 12 game packages which just about all other clubs do anyway.

thommo4pm

Coach
Thanks scoop
Its clear he thought they were goin to win it, now it looks like ur mob will...out come the insults.

No dramas, yet you have a sarcastic crack at us, when I quoted you.....stating we aren't going to win the tace for most members.

I got to be honest I don't really care if my club wins it, your club wins it, souths or the Dogs(most number of members).....it doesn't matter.
What matters is getting increases in every clubs membership base, and of course I want to see my club increase dramatically.
The more members each of our clubs get, the less people being attracted to garbage sports like AFL and Rugby Union in Sydney.

Thanks mate, and here I was hoping you guys would have a good year. What was i thinking?
First franchise? surely that was the Brisbane Broncos.

to pplspoet.
Yep we formed a joint venture, no argument. You sold 75% of your club to private investors. thats purity?
The old "thousands marched" story? I marched for you guys to be returned to the comp, along with a huge number of people wearing red vees. not to mention North Sydney, Wests and Newtown supporters, hell I even saw an Easts supporter marching - only 1 but what the hey.

It'd be nice if once in a while a Souths supporter would recognise that people from all over the league heartland marched to protest the treatment that Souths & Norths received and the influence of News Ltd.

I can assure you there were a quite a few of us.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Timmah maybe you should do some research before you open your mouth.

Go and have a look at the Sharks membership pack, they have a flexi 5 game membership

And a 6 game membership, both of which are targeted at fans living in either the St. George or Illawarra regions. This gives the Dragons a clear advantage. Anyone that can't see and accept that has to be mentally handicapped.

innsaneink

Referee
And a 6 game membership, both of which are targeted at fans living in either the St. George or Illawarra regions. This gives the Dragons a clear advantage. Anyone that can't see and accept that has to be mentally handicapped.

Suck sh*t you loser...maybe theres a goon goin round over the park, go drown ur sorrows.

_Johnsy

Referee
How pathetic can you be SSTID, in reality you are complaining that PHAC & rusty were too stupid to cater for those who cannot attend every home game. A clear disadvantage for a business, stoopid souffs.

Sonic Star

Juniors
When it comes down to it no other Sydney club will come close to how much money Souths will make compared to the other clubs.

It's about your club making money.

That's all that matters IMO.

thommo4pm

Coach

You have Redfern & Homebush. :sarcasm:

Sonic Star

Juniors
Suck sh*t you loser...maybe theres a goon goin round over the park, go drown ur sorrows.

Tigers would be lucky to sell 5000.

They need to get rid of the Balmain side of the partnership.

Bring back the Western Suburbs Magpies and play all home games in Campbelltown.

Then they would be able to see some decent numbers.

Cut the cancer that's Balmain out and all will come good.